we are finished winning super bowls

muncher

28 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

I hear ya @FourThreeMafia, but look at these ridiculous threads. They are several pages long with literally hundreds of replies. We keep feeding him. 

Well, his threads get fueled by quality posters turning it into relevant discussion...no thanks to him.

I have this clown on my ignore list, but unfortunately, that doesnt block his new threads from my view.  I wish it did.

9 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Well, his threads get fueled by quality posters turning it into relevant discussion...no thanks to him.

I have this clown on my ignore list, but unfortunately, that doesnt block his new threads from my view.  I wish it did.

Good point about the relevant discussion. I've noticed that too. Strangely some of the best debates have come from these "Tomlin sucks" threads. 

So I will play ball here and attempt to steer this into some form of relevant discussion. So I can't actually see the opening post because I have him on ignore but I am going to somewhat ignore that actual title of the thread and adjust it to my convenience.

I'm going to pose the question rather substitute the title and call it is this organization in its current image (FO, coaches, player personnel makeup) going to win another Superbowl?

For me I'm not trying to cop out of my own question but it's not as black and white as a yes or no. It really depends on what we do in free agency for the defense and what we do in the draft for the defense and if we trade and Daniel Brown how we replace that production and what changes if any come to the offensive line and how that affects our ability to block for Ben Roethlisberger and our running backs. I believe off pensively we are definitely talented enough to win a Super Bowl defensively I don't think any of us are going to argue right now that we are. But I do believe with a strong offseason we could we barely missed the playoffs and you know what maybe we should have even done worse and it doesn't matter that we missed it by an inch the fact is we missed the playoffs and I get that. But what I'm saying is I don't believe even with all of our issues that we are that far off. But if the trend with our defense continues and then yes there's no chance that the current regime wins another Super Bowl

• 2 weeks later...

Last season, they were 13-3. This season they were 7-2-1 after a crappy start, and then things fell apart with all the drama between Bell and Brown (with Ben). They've shown they can beat just about any team. However, they've shown they can also lose to just about any team. They've been pretty bad in the playoffs since losing to Green Bay in the Superbowl (almost 10 years ago?).

Bottom line, I think that with Ben they have a shot almost every year. However, they cannot continue to play swiss cheese D and mediocre O and expect to pull out squeakers every week, especially against the dregs of the NFL. I'm down on Tomlin these days. I have zero confidence that he can do what is needed to get the team playing balls to the wall every week -- no matter who they're playing. It just seems overall lack of details and focus does the team in week after week. That's on the coaches, I think. And that's on Tomlin.

This team has had too much talent over the years to underperform as much as they have. It makes it so much worse to watch the Patriots go to all those Superbowls. Sure, Brady is great. However, that team overall is more prepared and more focused week in and week out. That's coaching, and as long as those guys are playing, I think the Steelers are going to be the 70's Raiders ... or worse, the 70's Chargers.  

I suppose it is better than being a Browns fan for the last few decades, but is it really good enough as a Steelers fan?  For me, not so much.

2 hours ago, cjfollett said:

Last season, they were 13-3. This season they were 7-2-1 after a crappy start, and then things fell apart with all the drama between Bell and Brown (with Ben). They've shown they can beat just about any team. However, they've shown they can also lose to just about any team. They've been pretty bad in the playoffs since losing to Green Bay in the Superbowl (almost 10 years ago?).

Bottom line, I think that with Ben they have a shot almost every year. However, they cannot continue to play swiss cheese D and mediocre O and expect to pull out squeakers every week, especially against the dregs of the NFL. I'm down on Tomlin these days. I have zero confidence that he can do what is needed to get the team playing balls to the wall every week -- no matter who they're playing. It just seems overall lack of details and focus does the team in week after week. That's on the coaches, I think. And that's on Tomlin.

This team has had too much talent over the years to underperform as much as they have. It makes it so much worse to watch the Patriots go to all those Superbowls. Sure, Brady is great. However, that team overall is more prepared and more focused week in and week out. That's coaching, and as long as those guys are playing, I think the Steelers are going to be the 70's Raiders ... or worse, the 70's Chargers.  

I suppose it is better than being a Browns fan for the last few decades, but is it really good enough as a Steelers fan?  For me, not so much.

exactly.

i dont know why some people get all warm and fuzzy because we had only 3 coaches in 50 years

or even having 6 super bowls. great accomplishment but 4 of those happened  over 40 years ago

there are several team that have as many or more the past 40 years

there are several teams that have as many or more since FA system has been in place

we arent the model, we arent the standard , we arent what the rest of the nfl strives to be...................we are a very stable franchise that does things old school, but i dont believe old school mentality mixed with a player friendly, no accountability HC will win a super bowl.

Archived