Cam Brate played most of the season with a hip injury? Trade rumors?

bucsfan333

4 minutes ago, xlfrosti said:

If we do in up trading him (Rumor Season) what do you think we can get out of him with that contract he has?

3rd-4th?

His contract is really cheap, comparatively. For a starting TE, he's like the 15th highest paid. I think Graham is a FA now, otherwise Brate would be 16th.

I think a fourth is probably the best we could hope for. Maybe a third. But a day three pick might be more likely.

I give Brate props for playing the year like he did. Regardless of his contract which is inexpensive in relationship to other TEs, if we are going to maximize our cap with young guys, free agents and then try to make the most of the draft, we should try and trade him. I’d be happy with a 4th. No sense having him take snaps from OJ and if we want another TE2 we can draft a late round guy or sign an UFA.

On 1/19/2019 at 9:06 AM, bucsfan333 said:

His contract is really cheap, comparatively. For a starting TE, he's like the 15th highest paid. I think Graham is a FA now, otherwise Brate would be 16th.

I think a fourth is probably the best we could hope for. Maybe a third. But a day three pick might be more likely.

Yeah but you have no offensive line and no defense though. Having him is a luxury at this point 

2 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Yeah but you have no offensive line and no defense though. Having him is a luxury at this point 

Well, yeah. And Arians' offenses aren't really known for utilizing one TE much, let alone two.

Most of us wanted to trade him last year. He actually had some value then.

Archived