Random Trades?

Nickpeloso17

In this Mock Draft I’ll try to make it as realistic as I can to what actually happens on Draft day. Some guys fall that we thought would be top 5 locks. Some guys get drafted way higher than we think they will. Some trades make no sense to us. “Why not just stay where you are and take ________?”.

1. Cardinals: Nick Bosa, DE Ohio State

The obvious choice here if they keep the pick. Bosa/Jones could be Vance Joseph’s Miller/Chubb.

2. *Jaguars: Dwayne Haskins, QB Ohio State

This trade makes sense. The Jags need a QB as bad as anyone, and they’re in better position than their competition only trading up from 7.

3. Jets: Josh Allen, DE Kentucky

New York needs some edge rushers, and Allen fits the bill. Who wouldn’t like to see Josh Allen sack Josh Allen?

4. Raiders: Quinnen Williams, DT Alabama

Oakland needs an edge rusher, but Williams is by far the best player available. The talent gap is too far for the Raiders to reach on Ferrell/Gary.

5. *Bengals: Kyler Murray, QB Oklahoma

We’re all pretty confident more than one team will trade up for a QB. The question is who? Ultimately they beat out Miami in the Murray sweepstakes. Riding the Dalton train hasn’t gotten them very far, so a change for new HC Zac Taylor could be in order.

6. Giants: Ed Oliver, DT Houston

If not a QB, then who for the Giants? They could go any direction here, but it’s never a bad choice to pick up some help in the trenches until 2020.

7. *Buccaneers: Jawaan Taylor, OT Florida

This is another confusing trade for sure. Why not wait and see if he or Williams is there at 11? Why not take Ferrell? What if I told you the Buccaneers passed on Derwin James TWICE and picked Vita Vea? Arians is an offensive mind that will make adding protection for Winston a priority.

8. Lions: Clelin Ferrell, DE Clemson

Detroit could use a potential replacement for Ezekiel Ansah, or a running mate if he re-signs.

9. Bills: Jonah Williams, OT Alabama

Unless the Bills aren’t hearing Lesean McCoy or Bills fans, they should pick an offensive lineman here. Williams is surprisingly the second OL taken.

10. Broncos: Drew Lock, QB Missouri

Case Keenum isn’t gonna work out and they have too good of a roster to wait for next years draft. Lock could be the guy.

11. 49ers (via CIN): Rashan Gary, DE Michigan

After trading down twice, the select the DE they were considering at 2. Gary could be what this DL needs to finish out it’s rebuild.

12. Packers: Devin White, LB LSU

LB isn’t a huge the biggest need for the Packers, but White is arguably a top 5 player in this class.

13. Dolphins: Greedy Williams, CB LSU

Williams’ surprising mini-fall ends at Miami, who will gladly pair him with Howard/Fitzpatrick to make one of the most dangerous DB units in the league.

14. Falcons: Christian Wilkins, DT Clemson

Atlanta could use another body next to Jarret on that D-Line. Wilkins makes sense.

15. *Titans: Brian Burns, DE Florida State

Burns could be the perfect guy for the Titans to lineup across Harold Landry. They trade up from 19 to make sure they land him.

16. Panthers: Greg Little, OT Ole Miss

Will Cam sit out the year? Regardless of who’s at QB in 2019, this line could use a boost. No DE is worth taking here for Carolina.

17. Browns: Jeffery Simmons, DT Mississippi State

For the first time in forever, Cleveland enters the first round without an obvious need. Simmons will be a fast riser and is perfect to pair next to Ogunjobi.

18. Vikings: Cody Ford, OT Oklahoma

No matter who’s available, this pick needs to be offensive line. Ford is one of the more versatile options at 18.

19. Redskins (via TEN): Deionte Thompson, S Alabama

Clinton-Dix is a free agent. Swearinger was released. Thompson went to Alabama. Makes too much sense.

20. Steelers: Byron Murphy, CB Washington

Most mock drafts have Murphy going higher than this, but the Greedy Williams fall effects Murphy as well. Burns is a bust and Haden is aging.

21. *Raiders: Zach Allen, DE Boston College

Mayock and Gruden see their guy right there and pull the trigger in a trade up. Adding Allen and Williams to the group could work wonders.

22. Ravens: DK Metcalf, WR Ole Miss

Nothing cute here, the Ravens realize they need to provide Jackson with weapons if they want him to be successful.

23. Texans: Yodny Cajuste, OT West Virginia

Same situation as the Vikings. Good rosters overall, but the QB/RB’s need some help.

24. Seahawks (via OAK): Jachai Polite, OLB Florida

This just seems like a Seahawks pick. Polite could give this group some pressure outside of Frank Clark.

25. Eagles: Montez Sweat, DE Mississippi State

Graham is unlikely to return and Long could retire. Philly needs to remake this DL.

26. *Rams: Nasir Adderley, S Delaware

A lesser known prospect that should become a household name after the combine. LA doesn’t have to give up too much to get their guy.

27. Raiders (via DAL): Hakeem Butler, WR Iowa State

After helping the defense, the offense needs assistance. Oakland can’t go into next season with Jordy Nelson as his top option.

28. Chargers: Dexter Lawrence, DT Clemson

The failed drug test may drop him further than we think. LA got exposed against the Patriots and needs help on the line.

29. Patriots: Mack Wilson, LB Alabama

The Patriots could use a QB or TE for the future, but the most Patriots thing to do is to make a pick nobody’s expecting.

30. Colts (via LAR): N’Keal Harry, WR Arizona State

With a vastly improved defense, the Colts can focus on getting Luck more weapons in the passing game. Not keeping up with the Chiefs if Inman is your WR2.

31. Chiefs: DeAndre Baker, CB Georgia

Same deal with Byron Murphy. Kansas City needs corners badly.

32. Packers (via NO): Charles Omenihu, DE Texas

This is the Rashaad Penny pick of this year. Is this guy a first round pick? All it takes is one team.

Maybe the new coach, presumably Taylor, makes that move.  I don't see it because we still have Mike Brown.  Murray has leverage in that he can go to the A's, and if he and his agent try to use that leverage, we end up losing that first round pick, plus whatever else we gave up to move up.  

Give me Devin White, with a chance of an OT

No problem with taking a DT and i like Wilkins for sure.  I would personally prefer Simmons at DT there as he is better value to me and a little better of a player i think.  But Wilkins is close enough that i wouldn't complain about it either come draft day.   But i also think Wilkins would has the better size to be a 1T for us more so than Simmons does to put next to Grady. 

Either way a DT, DE, or OL in the 1st round is a win to me and this is probably the order i take them if available

1. Bosa
2. Williams
3. Oliver
4. Ferrel
5. Simmons
6. J. Williams- OT
7. Lawrence
8. Wilkins
9. Cody Ford - OT
10. Gary

I think that's a decent Vikings pick. I'd love to trade down with how everything shook out because I don't know that Ford is near BPA at that point, but trading down five picks or so, that would be better range and value. Knowing Speilman, he'll probably do some sort of trade.

I don't hate the Ferrell pick as we do need help on the d-line. Unless he comes back for like $8M - $9M, I don't see the Lions resigning Ansah. Despite being really good when healthy, he has been injured on a regular basis. We can't afford to pay this guy that kind of money if he isn't on the field.

I'm really high on Devin White so far and think he would address some of our big issues assuming we address the DE spot in FA.

Archived