Best mock draft site(s)?

bomont

Besides this one :)   IMO there are very few.  In fact the only 2 I know of are Draftek and Draft King.  Draft Countdown and Walters used to be good, but have gone way downhill (and Countdown even when good kinda sucked in that he posted updates very infrequently).  Stuff like bleacher report is kind of hit and miss.  Most of the rest either just a post the pick (just the name without any rationale) which is totally lame or the picks themselves are lame.

Honestly, mocks are a bit overrated. The majority comes down to just throwing out names and moving players around due to hype. I think it's a lot more fun to play GM and make tough decisions about the remaining talent on the board. There are numerous simulators out there -- walk the mock, first-pick, fanspeak on the clock, etc. It's probably a more useful exercise.

If you really want mocks, though, draftsite has a 7 round mock, PFF has a regularly updated mock, CBS usually does mocks, and so on. Google is your friend. ;)

?  I already did an internet search, but thought others might know of any I missed or ones they liked in general and why.  Yeah a mock just throwing out names is lame and why I don't bother with those (such as CBS, not sure why you mentioned that one-?).  PFF is OK, did forget about that one, thx!

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

I like to use Walter football for their database of mockdrafts from various sites.

I think Walter football is hilarious. They trash every 2nd team in their mock drafts how horrible their team is and how badly they need to upgrade

2 hours ago, SBLIII said:

I think Walter football is hilarious. They trash every 2nd team in their mock drafts how horrible their team is and how badly they need to upgrade

I use WF just as a reference when I used to make mock drafts all the time.  I would use their reports and rankings, combined with nfldraftscout(now cbssports), and a few posters big boards combined to figure out where players should be placed etc.  I actually predicted Jimmy Graham to the Saints, though I thought it would be in teh 2nd round, a little higher than most had him due to his potential and combine results.

@bomont I think mock draft sites are overrated, look for the scouting reports and where they predict players to go and try to make a good guess by comparing them to other sites as well.

13 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

None of them are ever close to being 50% right for the 1st round

? Who cares?  And really expecting anything close to a 50% accuracy is ridiculous anyway.  It's not a contest.  I just like it for the team and player analyses....assuming they're any good that is.

Walter's just went downhill.  The picks and the ratonales are generally not very good.  I haven't checked recently for this year though, so I'll give a look, maybe it's improved.

Don't know if its any good, but I started looking at these guys as the season came to a close- they updated the draft order all season long
Their mocks have stats info on the player and some film clips - just click on any players' name

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl/mock_draft

They also list the full draft order and all of the trades that led to the 2019 order.
If you click on a team in the draft order link, it will show you all of that teams' picks in the upcoming draft

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl/full_draft

None of this is next-level info for a draftnik,  but it's still a useful site

Archived