Post OC Hire Mock Draft

Just Want A Title

Now that we have hired Darrell Bevell as our new OC, I figured I would take another shot at a mock draft.  Some of my free agents are repeats but I think that they would be good signings.  I tried to slot some players that haven’t been talked about as much in other mocks.  I think a trade-back is a strong possibility but I will save that for another mock.  Let me know what you think.

Notable Cuts:  Glover Quin, TJ Lang, LeGarrette Blount

Free Agent Signings:

Trey Flowers-The Patriots won't pay him big money.  Detroit is the perfect landing spot.  I think if Okwara focuses on getting stronger and adding about 10-12lbs in the off-season, he could team up with Flowers and Polite along with Kenard, Jarrad Davis and D'Shawn Hand to create a dynamic pass rush that would be really hard to defend.

TE CJ Uzomah-A sleeper signing who could pay serious dividends

RB Spencer Ware-Provides a quality compliment to Kerryon Johnson and at 5’10/225 will really punish defenses

G John Miller-A solid starter we can plug in at RG

S Tre Boston-An above average S who should complement Darius Slay just as well as he has complimented Patrick Peterson and he will be 26 when the season starts

CB Kareem- Jackson-A veteran #2 CB who we sign to a 2-3 year deal who should help our secondary settle down

Draft

Rd 1- Jachai Polite, Edge-This guy made a living in the backfield of opposing teams.  Adds some serious speed and athleticism to our defense

Rd 2- Chauncy Gardener-Johnson, CB/S-A versatile DB who could help out at S or CB

Rd 3- D’Andre Walker, OLB-A younger version of Christian Jones who can provide quality depth and special teams play

Rd 4- Andy Isabella, WR-A fast and shifty slot WR who could help on special teams immediately

Rd 5-Olisameka Udoh OT/OG-Already has NFL size at 6’5, 335.  Will need some time to adjust to the NFL after playing with Elon University

Rd 6-Taylor Cornelius, QB-Has great size at 6’5/230 and fairly strong arm.  Backed up Mason Rudolph for several years.  Worth taking a flier as a developmental QB

Rd 6- Dillion Mitchell, WR-Improved every year Caught 76 passes for 1189 yards and 10 TDs in his final college year  (15.6 yards per catch average).  Marvin Jones isn’t getting any younger

Polite improved his totals every season and had 45 total tackles, 19.5 tackles for loss, 6 forced fumbles and 11 sacks as a Junior.  One might say that if he tests well, he has major upside.  Also, there are a significant number of DBs who should be available in the second round (like Kris Boyd).  The link to Polite's stats is below:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/jachai-polite-1.html

From the things that I've read about Bevell, he seems to put more of an onus on the TE than the 3rd WR. My expectation is that we would draft at least one TE if not two over two additional WR's. You could be right about Polite but for the moment, it seems high to me. There's a very good chance that at least 3 QB's will be taken within the top 10: Haskins, Murray, Lock, Jones are all in the mix. This is going to push some of the better players down. Devin White is so far heads and tails above the rest of the LB's while this is a deep DL draft.

I don't mind the rest of FA and the draft outside of those points.

Archived