Redskins are dying and Dan Snyder just bought a $100 million yacht

naptownskinsfan

The new yacht, which follows up his current boat which is a measly 225 feet, is over 300 feet, cost $100 million including the world's first floating IMAX theater, which itself cost $3 million and necessitating the design of the boat to be around the theater.  The boat itself, per a Yahoo Sports report, will cost $10 million per season to keep in operation.  

Per the Guardian, here are the other amenities: 

Lady S also features a pair of 8K HD TVs, a helipad, four VIP suites and facilities that “cater to a wide range of sports, including golf, basketball, volleyball and football”. The interior of the vessel is described as “akin to a beautiful and contemporary jewelry box”.

There is also a video of the boat if you click HERE

It is clear that the Redskins are just a hobby for Snyder, who does make a good profit off the Redskins but nothing to afford a boat this size.  I hope in negotiations with him over the stadium, that any state government forces him to pay for all of it.  This would also explain why the current levels of boycotting the franchise doesn't work. 

If only this guy focused as much on the success of his team as he does to other stuff, we would have a great product on our hands. 

6 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Im all for that if you have it. You can spend it as you wish. Hes a billionaire. But...

The city of Richmond took $450k from the cities school budget to rehab/upgrade the Redskins training area there and make Snyder happy.

And that's a big problem.  Step up and handle business yourself.  Snyder could easily triple that amount to give to the Richmond public schools and it would be a drop in the bucket for him.  

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

If you can afford a $100 mil boat explain to me why you need public funding to build a stadium?  

He’s robbed every redskin fans to keep every other teams fans happy coming into his stadium!!!! He figures it’s time they pay up too!!!

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

If you can afford a $100 mil boat explain to me why you need public funding to build a stadium?  

He doesn't need it. They just ask for it because they can get it. It's unfortunate but its nice to see DC,MD and VA take a stand against Snyder and not give in to him.

10 hours ago, lavar703 said:

He doesn't need it. They just ask for it because they can get it. It's unfortunate but its nice to see DC,MD and VA take a stand against Snyder and not give in to him.

Maryland isn't taking a stand.  Governor Hogan is bending over backwards to keep their money in MD, and has offered at least two viable stadium locations to Snyder. 

Not to be political but stating fact, part of the government spending bill that is currently under discussion and has furloughed many government employees has a rider on it related to the Redskins and RFK.  Here is more information: 

Washington’s NFL team is working with local and federal lawmakers to place a provision in the upcoming congressional spending bill to establish a new stadium on the RFK Stadium campus in the District, according to The Washington Post.

The measure would also open the 190-acre campus to commercial development by extending the District’s long-term lease on the land from the federal government for 99 years beyond its 2038 expiration and removing restrictions limiting the land to sports and recreation uses, according to the report.

Read More: https://wtop.com/dc/2018/12/daniel-snyder-district-officials-working-with-congress-on-nfl-stadium-provision/

That is not to say that the DC government is willing to fund a stadium, but that there are important federal lawmakers who worked with Snyder and Allen to get things at least this far.  

Meanwhile, another poster here mentioned that the local government in Richmond took out nearly $500,000 from their school budget to put improvements into Redskins Park, a place that the Redskins are rumored to be walking away from soon for a new facility.  

It's safe to say there are many allies for Snyder left.  There just need to be enough willing to fight it, and point to things like this yacht as reasons to stop public funding of these stadiums for the billionaires who can afford to build them themselves.  

Now that’s a nice little watercraft there. Maybe he’s planning  to stop attending home games like the rest of redskins fans, ditch his skybox and watch games on his new boat avoiding the mercilessly boo’s from his teams fans 

A buddy from his tribe after saying it looks like he’s retreating to his bunker couldn’t find the words in English to express his thoughts and feelings so he told me in his native tongue:

“he's always been Oysshter,   Gonif and Kodokes. A nahr bleibt a nah.  the ultimate over compensation for a tiny shvantz. What a schlump. Lign in drerd un bakn beygl!”

I’m not sure of everything he was saying, but afterwards he nodded, smiled and seemed like he’d summed it up pretty well and we had another drink lol 

On 1/19/2019 at 10:03 AM, MKnight82 said:

Mostly because if you can get someone else to pay for it, why use your own money? I'm not saying it's right, I'm saying it's what's done. 

Archived