D82's 2019 Mock Draft/Off-Season

D82

D my friend you know i love ya but this would be one of the worst mocks for us based on what i think we need as a team and the players we are picking up while doing it.   I like Dieter in round 2 in your mock and where as i think the position in round 1 at the D-line is fine.  I would have Gary very low on that list based on i don't see him as a legit 4-3 DE nor do i see him as a 1T DT.  Plus i think he is very inconsistent and quite lazy at times when i watch him.   Here is the mock i would have went with based on who was available in your draft at each pick for us.

1st - Jefferey Simmons - DT  or J. Williams - OT -  Both players are better than Gary to me and also fit ours needs and style we play better than he does.

2nd - Michael Dieter - OG - No problem here  unless you want to take one of our 4th or 5th round picks and trade up a bit in the 2nd round to get a Dexter Lawrence or Dalton Risner.  The guy we took here in the trade up would be based on who we took in round 1.  I would prefer  a Jonah + Dexter combo  but would still love a Simmons+Risner combo.

3rd - Oshane Ximines EDGE - Steal here and a much more viable player in our 4-3 as a great pass rusher with long arms at 255 to 260.  RB is not an early need we are 3 deep there with talent.   Could use a legit Power RB like 6'+ and 210+ for shoat yardage but that can be had in the later rounds to pair with our other 3 already.

4th - Garrett Bradyberry - OG -  The WR pick made no sense at all as our WR group is LOADED with talent from top to bottom.  We have a need for 3 new O-lineman be it FA or draft.  Getting 2 of the 3 in the 1st 4 rounds is a major win and the othr can be had in FA as a vet starter or a top tier upgrade somewhere.

4B - Up to me and it would be gone in a trade up earlier in the 2nd round for one of those 1st round guys who fell a little.  If no trade then Joseph is a fine pick at LB we can use some lb depth.

5th to 7th - No big deal here i would add depth and a power RB from here on out. 

35 minutes ago, D82 said:

You didn't trade for him, he was a UFA. 

My bad. Still can’t see it. Doesn’t fit what the FO are trying to do this year. We will player a Fales, Falk or a rookie. Think they are happy to tank for a year if needed but they won’t be signing a FA QB for big bucks IMO.

21 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

My bad. Still can’t see it. Doesn’t fit what the FO are trying to do this year. We will player a Fales, Falk or a rookie. Think they are happy to tank for a year if needed but they won’t be signing a FA QB for big bucks IMO.

Thanks for the feedback.

Do you think Tannehill is on the roster in 2019?

On 1/19/2019 at 9:45 AM, D82 said:

* The Indianapolis Colts trade their 2019 1st Round Pick (26th Overall), their 2019 2nd Round Pick (58th Overall), and a 2020 5th Round Pick to the Pittsburgh Steelers in exchange for WR Antonio Brown

I really don't mind this at all, but I think that Indy won't be chasing after Brown.

20. Pittsburgh Steelers: Amani Oruwariye CB, Penn State

26. Pittsburgh Steelers (via IND): Vosean Joseph ILB, Florida

If we came out of the first with this, I wouldn't be mad. However, with 4 picks in the first 60, it would be insane of us not to move up.  We don't need a huge number of guys, we need 1 or 2 "the guy".  If we could use this to get to 8-10 and swipe Devin White from the Bengals, we would do it.

52. Pittsburgh Steelers: Christian Miller EDGE, Alabama

58. Pittsburgh Steelers (via IND): Nasir Adderley S, Delaware

If we trade away Brown and don't move, no way we go 4 picks without addressing WR position.

83. Pittsburgh Steelers: Elgton Jenkins G, Mississippi State

Don't hate it, but I also have OG as a position lower down the list than 3rd round.  If we do take WR earlier, it pushes EDGE down the list, which Giles-Harris fits well here.

122. Pittsburgh Steelers: Javier Edwards DT, Colorado

See above.  I have this rated as a lower need.

177. Pittsburgh Steelers (via OAK): Michael Dogbe DE/DT, Temple

DE/DT certainly isn't such a need that we need to spend 2 picks in one draft on it.  Double dip at ILB, Edge, CB before DE.

194. Pittsburgh Steelers: Justice Hill RB, Oklahoma State

Actually don't hate this.

221. Pittsburgh Steelers (via TB): Cody Thompson WR, Toledo

Too late to be addressing WR for the first time if we trade Brown.

20 hours ago, D82 said:

I had McCoy getting cut, actually. 

So it'd be 

QB: Allen
RB: Coleman | Jacobs 
WR: Sanders | Z. Jones | M. Jones | Foster 
TE: Heuerman | Sample | Croom 
LT: Dawkins
LG: Teller 
C: Paradis | Allen 
RG: Boettger  | Benzschawel 
RT: Hubbard | Sirles