Antonio Brown

showtime

His name continue to dominate headlines and his relationship with the Steelers appears to be getting worse.  I have seen people throw out Seattle as a team that should consider trading for Brown.  What do you all think of this?

The way I view it - He's obviously an elite player and his contract is actually pretty good for someone of his caliber.  My issue is he seems like a negative in the locker room.  Also, a negative for the Seahawks specifically is that I don't think a ultra talented pass catcher would fit in this offense.  Wilson spreads the ball around, so I doubt that Brown would get his 15 targets per game.

I've thrown you guys out there as a possibility if only because this regime has shown a willingness to make moves such as this and you have a pick that would make sense to offer up and have that be that (whereas a team like the 49ers would have to start their compensation package out at their second round pick). That being said, yeah, it may be a poor fit overall with regards to the gameplan, chemistry, etc.

On 1/19/2019 at 1:24 PM, Forge said:

I've thrown you guys out there as a possibility if only because this regime has shown a willingness to make moves such as this and you have a pick that would make sense to offer up and have that be that (whereas a team like the 49ers would have to start their compensation package out at their second round pick). That being said, yeah, it may be a poor fit overall with regards to the gameplan, chemistry, etc.

What do you think it would cost for the Seahawks to trade for Brown?

4 hours ago, showtime said:

What do you think it would cost for the Seahawks to trade for Brown?

Honestly, I have no idea because I really can't get a feel on his trade value. I think a team like the niners have to be willing to offer up #36 for him, but I read one beat reporter who said that a 3rd rounder this year + something next year would make more sense. Obviously if the 49ers would be willing to offer up #36 for him, you'd have to be willing to offer either your late first, or probably your second this year and next year to get it done given where that second round pick is this year. But again, I really have no clue. Maybe his trade value has really bottomed out like that, but I have a hard time seeing it. 

Depending on market, I think your 2 + something else in a future year would possibly get it done if a team like the 49ers is only willing to offer up that single #2 and then maybe a future mid - late round pick for him. 

Absolutely not. Baldwin has repeatedly said that being a receiver here means giving your all in the run game and making the most of limited passes going your way. The exact opposite of Antonio Brown in my opinion. He would call out Schotty every week even if we win the game because of the lack of throws. Call out Wilson for not throwing to him every pass. Waste of time.

We need playmakers on defense more than offense by far. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nope. It's fun in the "Madden world" where there's no future consequence so to speak, but he doesn't fit into this philosophy at all. He's 30, has a TON of targets, brings drama, and will cost a 1st rounder likely. Seattle has no 2nd either. This draft class is rich with receiving tight ends, DL, and secondary, ALL of which Seattle needs. Wilson is not 39 and on his last legs... team needs to build a bit for the future and stop sacrificing first round picks for aging, soon to be injury prone vets (like Harvin/Graham). 

On 3/4/2019 at 11:25 PM, NFL_Announcer said:

Nope. It's fun in the "Madden world" where there's no future consequence so to speak, but he doesn't fit into this philosophy at all. He's 30, has a TON of targets, brings drama, and will cost a 1st rounder likely. Seattle has no 2nd either. This draft class is rich with receiving tight ends, DL, and secondary, ALL of which Seattle needs. Wilson is not 39 and on his last legs... team needs to build a bit for the future and stop sacrificing first round picks for aging, soon to be injury prone vets (like Harvin/Graham). 

What if it took a 4th rounder, in theory.  Would you consider it then?

Archived