Leisher's 2019 Mock draft 1-19-18. Warning, your not going to like it.

jleisher

7 hours ago, Joe said:

I don't think this is really as bad as it is unrealistic. Barr isn't leaving MN folks, stop mocking him in FA to us. Bell is a headache that will follow AB to wherever he goes I suspect unless the Jets want to unload money on him(which would actually make sense for a maturing Darnold). Other than that, I really don't mind the mock though Fant and Risner will be long gone before we select at those two spots. We MIGHT get Risner at 32 if we're lucky...

Non interested in him but where do you think MN is getting the money for him? They have 6.6 million in projected cap space which will likely all be eaten up by their draft class, roughly. They aren't tagging him with their current cap situation unless they waive Everson Griffin, which is possible. Even then, I do not see a tag coming for Barr. 

7 hours ago, Golfman said:

Non interested in him but where do you think MN is getting the money for him? They have 6.6 million in projected cap space which will likely all be eaten up by their draft class, roughly. They aren't tagging him with their current cap situation unless they waive Everson Griffin, which is possible. Even then, I do not see a tag coming for Barr. 

Simple. Backload the contract and renegotiate with others, especially after the craptastic year Cousins had...

7 hours ago, Joe said:

Simple. Backload the contract and renegotiate with others, especially after the craptastic year Cousins had...

It takes two to tango...there's not much of a chance that Barr is going to accept a heavily backloaded contract.

14 hours ago, Golfman said:

They can clear some cap by releasing Mike Remmers, which saves them $4.5M.  If they want, they can release Linval Joseph and save another $7.1M.  Everson Griffen might be a cap casualty given what all transpired this past season.  And they can always restructure contracts to push cap hits down the road.  I'd honestly put Sheldon Richardson as a bigger must sign than Barr tbh.

7 hours ago, CWood21 said:

They can clear some cap by releasing Mike Remmers, which saves them $4.5M.  If they want, they can release Linval Joseph and save another $7.1M.  Everson Griffen might be a cap casualty given what all transpired this past season.  And they can always restructure contracts to push cap hits down the road.  I'd honestly put Sheldon Richardson as a bigger must sign than Barr tbh.

The big takeaway is MN is cap crunched. When you need to decide between cutting quality veterans and keeping a guy, you are in a bad spot. It is safe to say that roster peaked last year (guys getting older, young guys getting paid).

Also Rhodes could also be cut (was hurt, expensive, overpaid)

19 hours ago, Joe said:

I've had this discussion a number of times, but a 3-4 team is going to give good money to Barr. It's so obvious to see that Barr is playing out of position that even Vikings fans won't counter that point whenever I bring it to their attention. He played edge in college and should be playing edge now. Vikings are pretty deep at edge, but need him on the field. Why in Gods name would you ever have Barr drop in coverage? He isn't horrible at it, but isn't that effective. Only reason would be to change things up so you aren't predictable. When he does blitz, its almost exclusively up the middle and rarely off the edge. Point being, he knows he's out of position and would be incredibly stupid not to at least listen to offers from teams that will play him edge. I've also heard people question his love for football. You would think the Vikings know that if true, and that would effect what they give him. I have been wrong before, but I feel fairly confident Barr will be wearing a different jersey in 2019, and I wouldn't be mad if it was a Packers jersey, even if there are questions about his love for football.

7 hours ago, badgers0821 said:

I’d rather have Devin White than Anthony Barr.  Also, why Max Williams? Makes no sense.

You could have them both.  Williams would shore up a questionable TE group.  Might be better than Kendricks all around.  He's the kind of FA that solidifies the roster, not a game changer.

On 1/20/2019 at 11:37 PM, CWood21 said:

It takes two to tango...there's not much of a chance that Barr is going to accept a heavily backloaded contract.

I agree.  Gotta imagine that Barr is hurting his value by staying in Minnesota.  Think he's got potential for more money as an OLB in a 3-4 in a system that uses him more as an edge rusher.  

Don't love or hate this offseason.  The unrealistic haul of first round talent with the first 5 picks is the reason I wouldn't hate it.  

Leveon Bell scares the crap out of me.  Love the player, don't like or trust the character of the individual.  Nothing in his actions this last year would support the idea that you are going to get 100% from him going forward.  Him caring about guaranteed money than ANYTHING (winning, team, overall contract) scares me because there are no guarantees once he signs that contract.  I don't think that's an overly realistic contract for him and I don't think Green Bay is the type of environment he'll be looking for.  

Don't love Maxx Williams but Noah Fant would be an immediate upgrade at TE next year and going forward.  I'd be ok with Fant at any pick but #12.

Like the idea of signing Barr if the price is reasonable but I think we still need more high end long term investments for the position.  

1 hour ago, Dubz41 said:

You could have them both.  Williams would shore up a questionable TE group.  Might be better than Kendricks all around.  He's the kind of FA that solidifies the roster, not a game changer.

You are talking about the Max Williams who is always hurt right?

A lot of us aren't really sure what to do with Barr. We think he's going to get PAID by a 3-4 team.

In regards to our cap, we can cut several veterans (Remmers, Rudolph and Sendejo) that will give us a little more wiggle room. Most of us agree about Remmers and Sendejo and we seem to be split on Rudy (*I myself am in favor of asking him to restructure or take a hike).

I doubt we outright cut Griffen but it is a possibility, a restructure seems more likely. Just thought I'd add my 2 cents on those matters.

3 hours ago, SSG said:

Don't love or hate this offseason.  The unrealistic haul of first round talent with the first 5 picks is the reason I wouldn't hate it.  

Leveon Bell scares the crap out of me.  Love the player, don't like or trust the character of the individual.  Nothing in his actions this last year would support the idea that you are going to get 100% from him going forward.  Him caring about guaranteed money than ANYTHING (winning, team, overall contract) scares me because there are no guarantees once he signs that contract.  I don't think that's an overly realistic contract for him and I don't think Green Bay is the type of environment he'll be looking for.  

Don't love Maxx Williams but Noah Fant would be an immediate upgrade at TE next year and going forward.  I'd be ok with Fant at any pick but #12.

Like the idea of signing Barr if the price is reasonable but I think we still need more high end long term investments for the position.  

Rookie TEs don't contribute. You're hugely overrating Fant if you think he's going to be an upgrade over Graham in year 1. He likely won't even be a better blocker.

Archived