Popular mock picks you don't agree with

bomont

For ex. seems like almost everyone thinks NYG will nab Haskins.  I get that Manning is on his last legs and Haskins looks good, but he also has a small sample size to look at and QB 1-yr wonders are too much risk for that top 10 overall pick. I would retool the OL, add an edge rusher (probably via FA) and give it one more shot with Manning...and one of the top QBs may fall to them in the 2d anyway.

I also question how high Murray is being projected (also top 10-15 by most I'm seeing) and largely the same reason:  small sample size. 

Others? 

I feel like last year was the one where i didn't agree with NYG absolutely must go QB with their top pick.  Everyone sorta went with this narrative that they have to pick a QB (usually Rosen) there, because who knows when you might be picking high enough to get a QB again???  But it never made sense to me.  It always seemed like a situation where you reload, retool, take another run at things with Eli and a healthier OBJ and see what happens.  But 2018 kinda showed that's just not good enough.  It's time for them to go QB now...even if they sit behind Eli for a while first imo.  If Haskins is there, it's hard to see them passing on him.

9 hours ago, Ajayii said:

Daniel Jones to Miami. Yuck!

Looks like another Tannehill.

Yeah.  This one is weird to me.  I've seen a lot of it...and on the one hand, it kinda makes sense because...hey...they liked Tannehill enough to draft him that high in the first place.  But also...it makes no sense at all...because it's like deciding to start things all over again with potential Tannehill 2.0.  Jones is more experienced/polished coming out...but he profiles as basically a Tannehill-type QB to me, if he pans out.  It's kinda weird.  But i can see both sides of this one.

9 hours ago, Counselor said:

Drew Lock to Denver

This one seems like it's purely about the rumors a couple particular media persons threw out there about the Broncos really like Lock.  Which can be a good indicator sometimes...but so early in the process?  It feels like a false flag operation or something.  Even if it seems plausible that Elway would like a big arm project like Lock in general.

4 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I feel like last year was the one where i didn't agree with NYG absolutely must go QB with their top pick.  Everyone sorta went with this narrative that they have to pick a QB (usually Rosen) there, because who knows when you might be picking high enough to get a QB again???  But it never made sense to me.  It always seemed like a situation where you reload, retool, take another run at things with Eli and a healthier OBJ and see what happens.  But 2018 kinda showed that's just not good enough.  It's time for them to go QB now...even if they sit behind Eli for a while first imo.  If Haskins is there, it's hard to see them passing on him.

Yeah.  This one is weird to me.  I've seen a lot of it...and on the one hand, it kinda makes sense because...hey...they liked Tannehill enough to draft him that high in the first place.  But also...it makes no sense at all...because it's like deciding to start things all over again with potential Tannehill 2.0.  Jones is more experienced/polished coming out...but he profiles as basically a Tannehill-type QB to me, if he pans out.  It's kinda weird.  But i can see both sides of this one.

This one seems like it's purely about the rumors a couple particular media persons threw out there about the Broncos really like Lock.  Which can be a good indicator sometimes...but so early in the process?  It feels like a false flag operation or something.  Even if it seems plausible that Elway would like a big arm project like Lock in general.

They’ve gone to watch Lock live in person a couple times apparently. 

16 hours ago, Counselor said:

They’ve gone to watch Lock live in person a couple times apparently. 

Sometimes that does mean something.  Plenty of other times though, i find it gets carried way too far with people connecting dots.  Sometimes it even seems like it's actually almost the opposite of loving a guy, and going back for repeated looks from different angles because they're particularly unsure (and/or widely divergent opinions in the scouting room) on a guy and how they might fit, or they have some major reservations that they just can't assuage easily.

20 hours ago, mse326 said:

Unless and until Murray commits to playing in the NFL 100% he isn't a first round pick (an maybe not then either). He's not even a day 2 pick.

I've seen a lot of people posting this sentiment throughout the forum about him having to commit to the NFL 100%. What exactly is he supposed to do that would convince everyone that he is committed to football? And skillset wise, not stature, he is a first round talent when compared to the other quarterbacks in this class that are being mentioned as possible opening round signal callers. 

Just now, skhurst0398 said:

I've seen a lot of people posting this sentiment throughout the forum about him having to commit to the NFL 100%. What exactly is he supposed to do that would convince everyone that he is committed to football? And skillset wise, not stature, he is a first round talent when compared to the other quarterbacks in this class that are being mentioned as possible opening round signal callers. 

He can say I'm not playing baseball, I'm playing football.

And stature does matter. Just because Wilson has been able to succeed doesn't mean you can ignore the hundreds of others that have failed.

6 minutes ago, mse326 said:

He can say I'm not playing baseball, I'm playing football.

And stature does matter. Just because Wilson has been able to succeed doesn't mean you can ignore the hundreds of others that have failed.

Agree that stature matters. You said he's not even a day 2 pick though and if you're basing that on stature alone, then you're ignoring the part that has allowed other smaller stature quarterbacks to succeed. 

And he did say that he's playing football, not baseball, when he declared for the NFL draft. 

Archived