AFC Championship: New England Patriots at Kansas City Chiefs

Elky

13 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Let me rephrase, do you ever say anything positive before you are sure of the outcome or do you just always assume failure?

Ok lets go way back to 2001 where I didn't have any SB aspirations b/c they were a feel good story and it wouldn't of been the end of the world if they didn't win the SB and thus just enjoyed it. Then in 2003 with a 14-2 record and #1 seed I didn't give the Titans, Colts & Panthers much chance at beating them b/c I trusted the defense. The only thing I didn't trust about 2003 was the running game. In 2004 I was confident but scared b/c the secondary was injured and worried the Colts exploit that in the divisional round and after they took down Peyton Manning I was scared of playing the AFC title game in Pittsburgh. After they trashed the Steelers I expected them to beat the Eagles in they did just that. In 2005 it was pretty much a write off at 10-6 as I expected a wild card win and nothing else and that's what happened. In 2006 I expected the same but they upset the Chargers but I was scared of playing the Colts on the road and rightfully so as they blew a 21-3 lead. In 2007 I was scared the entire playoffs as I figured a loss was gonna happen in any round as had problems with the Jags & Chargers but ultimately met their match against the Giants as the secondary exposed once again. In 2009 I expected no more than a wild win but didn't even get that. In 2010 I was scared of drawing the Jets a month after beating them down 45-3 and it showed as Patriots offense picked the worst possible time to malfunction. In 2011 I had very little confidence against the Broncos and Ravens but managed to get by and then I figured the Giants would beat them again and did so. In 2012 I didn't have much confidence without Gronk and it showed up against the Ravens. In 2013 I didn't give them a chance against the Broncos and was correct. In 2014 after a decade of choking I pretty much was convinced the choking would continue as wasn't confident against the Ravens, and then gave them a chance against the Colts but once I saw the Seahawks in the SB I assumed it would be I Giants type SB result but I was wrong when Malcolm Butler saved the day. In 2015 I said the AFC title game was lost to Denver when they lost to them in the regular season and I was correct. In 2016 I was scared of the Steelers in the AFC title game but was wrong and prior to the SB I was convinced the Falcons would win but was stunned and estatic at the 28-3 comeback win. In 2017 I feared the Jags in the AFC title game as their defense scared me but they survived and when they drew the Eagles I was concerned about the defense failing once again in the postseason and I was right. 

So basically I've been confident with this team prior to the 2005 playoffs when the Patriots started fielding defenses that could no longer befuddle a Peyton Manning in the playoffs.

Archived