Streaming Cable- FUBOTV vs Sling TV vs Direct TV Now vs Youtube TV

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My cable/internet bill from Xfinity/Comcast is ~$190/month. That is 250 mbps and 140+ channels.

I just found out I can get CenturyLink 1 Gig (1000 mbps) for the lifetime price of $65/month.

I need to figure out which streaming service to go with as that would cut my bill nearly in half and provide 4x the speed.

On 5/22/2019 at 1:54 PM, VikeManDan said:

My cable/internet bill from Xfinity/Comcast is ~$190/month. That is 250 mbps and 140+ channels.

I just found out I can get CenturyLink 1 Gig (1000 mbps) for the lifetime price of $65/month.

I need to figure out which streaming service to go with as that would cut my bill nearly in half and provide 4x the speed.

What do you like to watch? I've used both DTVNow (currently use this) and YTTV. I can tell you that YTTV is the superior product if you like to watch sports and you're looking for a legit DVR. I stick w DTVNow simply because I get free HBO for life so it's hard for me to cancel it rn. 

27 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

What do you like to watch? I've used both DTVNow (currently use this) and YTTV. I can tell you that YTTV is the superior product if you like to watch sports and you're looking for a legit DVR. I stick w DTVNow simply because I get free HBO for life so it's hard for me to cancel it rn. 

Sports is probably the big one. I'll check out the YouTubeTV.

1 minute ago, Scalamania said:

Can't go wrong - only downfall is it's not currently available on the FireStick.

Yeah I just looked at the line up and it is pretty damn good. I wish they had Comedy Central on there (gotta have my Southpark and The Office reruns haha).

I'll need to pick up a Roku/FireStick/etc. Any suggestions in that department?

2 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

Yeah I just looked at the line up and it is pretty damn good. I wish they had Comedy Central on there (gotta have my Southpark and The Office reruns haha).

I'll need to pick up a Roku/FireStick/etc. Any suggestions in that department?

I'm fond of Roku but the best experience I had with YTTV was on my Xbox One. 

Cable bill went up again so it's time for them to go....

So it does look like YTTV is the most preferred here? No local is a deal breaker for Sling. I do see they offer an HD Antenna but having to flip back and forth between inputs would be annoying. Could still pair Philo w/ YTTV to get CC and other channels that YTTV doesn't have and still pay less than I am now..... damn decisions...

First impressions of YTTV....... 👍👍👍👍👍👍

Sure, doesn't have some channels that I want but no biggie. I'm sure they'll find a way to expand since it's a fairly new service IIRC. Gonna save good dollars also if I stick with it. Going to run it through the weekend then I think Spectrum lost a customer. This basketball game has far better picture quality than Spectrum and I'm having zero buffering issues. So far, the only problem I have is no CC and a couple shows I won't be able to watch. Waaay more positives than negatives. Not even close

15 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

First impressions of YTTV....... 👍👍👍👍👍👍

Sure, doesn't have some channels that I want but no biggie. I'm sure they'll find a way to expand since it's a fairly new service IIRC. Gonna save good dollars also if I stick with it. Going to run it through the weekend then I think Spectrum lost a customer. This basketball game has far better picture quality than Spectrum and I'm having zero buffering issues. So far, the only problem I have is no CC and a couple shows I won't be able to watch. Waaay more positives than negatives. Not even close

It's the best by a long-shot and that's the consensus around the cord-cutters community. You will run into some buffering issues here and there but it's nothing major. 

The only concern with YTTV is price and if the choose to raise it again. 

1 hour ago, Scalamania said:

It's the best by a long-shot and that's the consensus around the cord-cutters community. You will run into some buffering issues here and there but it's nothing major. 

The only concern with YTTV is price and if the choose to raise it again. 

I'm sure I'll be able to handle the buffering issues if they show up. Spectrum has great internet and I've got a pretty good router in the house as well. If they raise the price a little more, I'd still be OK b/c it's substantially less than what I'm paying now lol. There is definitely a threshold though. This is why I got rid of Netflix.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...