Rams vs Saints - part II

Webmaster

1 minute ago, BlaqOptic said:

Wait... It was Vinovich's crew? Explains a lot... The same crew from Steelers-Chargers who missed a blatant False Start that had a huge outcome on the game  (and the playoff picture) got to officiate a Championship Game. And you people still think the system isn't broken?

We shouldn't know these dudes names. Yet how long have they all hung around like cockroaches? Making more money at their side hustle than most of us make a year.

It's awful. And we need to stop excusing it.

Just now, Thelonebillsfan said:

I feel like "officiating should be more accountable" should not be some controversial statement. Refs suck. They've ducked for years and it's the same group of 50 guys that's sucked for the entirety of my life. That's a problem.

It shouldn't be. But anytime notorious complainers like us bring it up - and I do it for all games and even when it benefits my team - the placaters come in with the "well refs shouldn't determine the game. Teams should play better" BS. Or... We could have more accountability for bad officiating other than "You don't get more money by reffing more games" because we just saw how well that worked out by letting a crew that was terrible and criticized all season ref a Championship Game.

1 minute ago, tyler735 said:

Yeah I hear ya I loved watching you guys lose last week after the crap show your fanbase put on last postseason.

we got our ring and will be walking into next season with a elite HC and star qb.. so we're good

3 minutes ago, H.E Pennypacker said:

Seriously I am over the label 'choke' being thrown around... If a team loses, it doesn't necessarily mean they "choked". A team has to lose in every single game.

A "choke" is missing a 29 yard field goal attempt, or missing a wide open receiver in the endzone and sailing it over his head. Throwing a pick as you're being heavily pressured isn't a 'choke' it's a bloody football play that will happen quite often.

Yep. Nothing Brees could do. It was two great defensive plays. It was basically the opposite of the Joyner play. That ball should have been picked. Brees was just unlucky on the actual pick.

9 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

That's the thing though, there shouldn't have been. It should have been game long before all this.

The extra 2 chances the Rams got should never have happened.

And yet there was still plenty of football left to be played. Meaning there was still plenty of ways the Saints could have won the game.

6 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Biggest irony - I predict the league is going to fine Roby-Coleman for the hit (which was both DPI and also hit to the head).   

The league's already told Payton the call was blown, according to the presser.

Man, Rams fans, with Vinovich you might be 1-7 - but you really can't complain anymore with him there in any future games.   Jeez.

Credit goes to our forum brethren for gaining notoriety by the petition. 

3 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Disappointing that people will talk about the no call. Before that the officiating was leaning in the Saints direction, and if you say you want that play called correctly, you need the whole game called correctly. And in that case the Rams could have won in regulation even with that call.

Not really.  They made some bad calls on both sides before that no call.

1 minute ago, Non-Issue said:

I get that. But there was still plenty of football left to be played. How many teams have been dealt questionable/bad calls at inopportune moments and still managed to pull it out? 

That call kept them from winning the game at that moment. It didn't keep them from winning the game.

It didn't keep the Saints from winning, but it saved the Rams from losing. That can't be refuted.

Archived