Rams vs Saints - part II

Webmaster

3 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

Doesn't matter what happened in the first 48 minutes.

The official blatenly and deliberately did not make the obvious call.

Rules are in place for reasons. And the officials inabilty to do his job cost the team that should have had the best chance to win, their season.

It wasn't a holding call or one to interpret, no, this could have been one of three: PI, Hitting a defensless WR, or Helmet to helmet.

All obvious. The obvious answer is the league controls who it wants to win. That's it.

McVay, Goff, young blood coming up in the league. 

Puts the league in a good light.

The sad thing is, and this includes me-though for the life of me I don't know why, the fans are so enamored with this sport that We are willing to just make excuses and accept it.

Like, yeah we know it's shadey, but give me more!

We argue, fight, curse, and even hate one another over it. And in the end, it's not even real. Its all controlled. That much is obvious.

And The only ones getting rich are the players, owners and networks.

I get what you are saying in that one call but thats why we play the entire game. Its situational football. Why you think teams practice redzone drills in practice? 

Its just like last week. The Rams blew two redzone trips against the Cowboys and dropped a pick 6. Had the Cowboys won that game I dont care if the Rams screwed the Rams, I wouldve been shaking my head at how Cooks didnt hold on to that td in the endzone and how Ebukam dropped that easy pick 6. Its easy to look at on incident but what have we learned? You dont put the hands in the officials to decide the game. Like Im not going to talk about the miss calls the had against the Rams. I get though the spotlight shines the brightest on that one call but again if the Saints took care of business early the game more than likely wouldnt have came down to one call late. 

3 minutes ago, Destructo Spin said:

The Saints didn't have the horses to put their feet on the Rams throats up 13-0. I was surprised they came out as strong as they did. But the Rams were just better equipped for long haul. I thought all along they were the better team, but when the crowd started really affecting the game........I thought we had a chance. But it was the Rams game to win from the start. Always was. I said it all week long.

Holding the saints to 10 pts for 3 qtr is nuts. After a horrendous start too for the rams. I thought they weren’t read for the smoke the saints brought. The pick seemed like a back breaker. Specially with the D being out to start for a huge chunk of that first half. 

15 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

Doesn't matter what happened in the first 48 minutes.

The official blatenly and deliberately did not make the obvious call.

Rules are in place for reasons. And the officials inabilty to do his job cost the team that should have had the best chance to win, their season.

It wasn't a holding call or one to interpret, no, this could have been one of three: PI, Hitting a defensless WR, or Helmet to helmet.

All obvious. The obvious answer is the league controls who it wants to win. That's it.

McVay, Goff, young blood coming up in the league. 

Puts the league in a good light.

The sad thing is, and this includes me-though for the life of me I don't know why, the fans are so enamored with this sport that We are willing to just make excuses and accept it.

Like, yeah we know it's shadey, but give me more!

We argue, fight, curse, and even hate one another over it. And in the end, it's not even real. Its all controlled. That much is obvious.

And The only ones getting rich are the players, owners and networks.

Hell of a job by the NFL to ensure the Saints got the ball in OT, and make sure that Fowler hit Brees. And that Johnson caught that INT. 

But even more amazing was how the NFL made sure Zuerlein nailed that 57 yard FG.

7 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I get what you are saying in that one call but thats why we play the entire game. Its situational football. Why you think teams practice redzone drills in practice? 

Its just like last week. The Rams blew two redzone trips against the Cowboys and dropped a pick 6. Had the Cowboys won that game I dont care if the Rams screwed the Rams, I wouldve been shaking my head at how Cooks didnt hold on to that td in the endzone and how Ebukam dropped that easy pick 6. Its easy to look at on incident but what have we learned? You dont put the hands in the officials to decide the game. Like Im not going to talk about the miss calls the had against the Rams. I get though the spotlight shines the brightest on that one call but again if the Saints took care of business early the game more than likely wouldnt have came down to one call late. 

Again, the first 48 minutes were decided at that point.

Your rebuttal is just another example of us, the fans, doing mental gymnastics to convince ourselves this is all legit.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda, dosent matter.

You cannot ignore that call.

Of you have to fix it and make it look legit, make the obvious call, then call holding on the next play or two and give the Rams half a chance.

There just is no other excuse for that.

Sorry dude, they screwed NO to get their darlings in.

The integrity of the game has been compromised. But we need our fix so we will be short sighted about it and have short memories.

6 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Hell of a job by the NFL to ensure the Saints got the ball in OT, and make sure that Fowler hit Brees. And that Johnson caught that INT. 

But even more amazing was how the NFL made sure Zuerlein nailed that 57 yard FG.

Never should have got to that point.

Period.

15 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Holding the saints to 10 pts for 3 qtr is nuts. After a horrendous start too for the rams. I thought they weren’t read for the smoke the saints brought. The pick seemed like a back breaker. Specially with the D being out to start for a huge chunk of that first half. 

Look you could compare stats TOP, crowd noise, whatever.

Point is, if the Rams DB doesn't make that hit, its a 1st down at minimum.

It could have been 1 of 3 penalties.

Overtime, turnover, whatever.

The OFFICIALS decided that game by NOT making the obvious and correct call.

Anything before or after that is a mute point.

That call had to be made simply for the reason of protecting the integrity of The game.

8 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

Again, the first 48 minutes were decided at that point.

Your rebuttal is just another example of us, the fans, doing mental gymnastics to convince ourselves this is all legit.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda, dosent matter.

You cannot ignore that call.

Of you have to fix it and make it look legit, make the obvious call, then call holding on the next play or two and give the Rams half a chance.

There just is no other excuse for that.

Sorry dude, they screwed NO to get their darlings in.

The integrity of the game has been compromised. But we need our fix so we will be short sighted about it and have short memories.

Can you point out some of the obvious miss calls the Rams had against them? I didnt want to go there but I saw 2 facemask penalties that the Saints had on the Rams that were missed. I believe Goff after he slide got stepped on after the whistle blew that wasnt called. What about when the playclock ran out on the Saints and Suh was pointing it out the refs and they didnt give the Saints the delay of game? I was stunned when the Saints finally got flagged for something. My point is again the spotlight is going to shine the brightest on that one play but the Saints had their chances early to not even be in a tied ball game late for the refs to decide the game. Then the Saints had chances after that to overcome the refs and didnt do it. The great teams overcome things when its not perfect. I get the Saints got screwed but its not like the refs screwed the Saints and it was over right away. It wasnt like the refs screwed the Saints all game long and the Saints didnt get favorable calls themselves. The difference is that one call stands out the most and nobody is going to talk about any other thing but that one thing. 

8 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

I agree. Rams would have been up two scores if the game was called fairly in the first three quarters.

See, I can do it too.

We all can.

Was Dez a catch or no catch?

The tuck rule??

Snap infraction???

Its not how many calls it's the timing of them.

The game killers.

46 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Can you point out some of the obvious miss calls the Rams had against them? I didnt want to go there but I saw 2 facemask penalties that the Saints had on the Rams that were missed. I believe Goff after he slide got stepped on after the whistle blew that wasnt called. What about when the playclock ran out on the Saints and Suh was pointing it out the refs and they didnt give the Saints the delay of game? I was stunned when the Saints finally got flagged for something. My point is again the spotlight is going to shine the brightest on that one play but the Saints had their chances early to not even be in a tied ball game late for the refs to decide the game. Then the Saints had chances after that to overcome the refs and didnt do it. The great teams overcome things when its not perfect. I get the Saints got screwed but its not like the refs screwed the Saints and it was over right away. It wasnt like the refs screwed the Saints all game long and the Saints didnt get favorable calls themselves. The difference is that one call stands out the most and nobody is going to talk about any other thing but that one thing. 

Your team is going to the Super Bowl. You don't need to keep justifying their win. It's over. Sure, people will talk. They'll say things like "The wrong team is in the Superbowl" and blah blah blah. I've been hearing it from Vikings fans for 9 years without end. Who cares? It's all pointless blather. It affects nothing. Enjoy your team. All the rest of it is bull****.

1 minute ago, Destructo Spin said:

Your team is going to the Super Bowl. You don't need to keep justifying their win. It's over. Sure, people will talk. They'll say things like "The wrong team is in the Superbowl" and blah blah blah. I've been hearing it from Vikings fans for 9 years without end. Who cares? It's all pointless blather. It affects nothing. Enjoy your team. All the rest of it is bull****.

Vikings fans still in here with all that salt lmao

21 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

We all can.

Was Dez a catch or no catch?

The tuck rule??

Snap infraction???

Its not how many calls it's the timing of them.

The game killers.

Nah that doesn't hold up. Saints had the lead with 100 seconds left. Then they had the ball in OT. The old "timing of the call" argument would hold more weight if it prevented the Saints from having a chance to win. But it didn't - they had multiple chances.

So from that perspective it holds the same weight as a missed facemask or defensive holding. There should never be a penalty discrepancy of 7 to 3 in a game of this magnitude when there were several missed calls on the Saints. That non call leveled out the officiating.

Archived