Rams vs Saints - part II

Webmaster

20 minutes ago, I <3 Faulk said:

If he's gonna get one I hope he makes it epic. Goes to the Saints logo after a pick 6 and starts doing the worm or something 

I hope he gets a pick to help seal the win for the Rams then pull out a bowl of gumbo lol. That would be classic. 

10 hours ago, showtime said:

How do the Saints approach this game knowing that CJ Anderson has been pretty amazing in his short time with the Rams and they will get a heavy dose of Todd Gurley?  The Saints didn't face much of a rushing attack vs the Eagles last week due to them not having an impactful running back.  Do the Saints pack 8 or 9 defenders in the box and force Goff to beat them through the air or do they play an 'honest' defense and try to stop both the run and pass.

The Saints have shown that they're going to play to stop the run on every play, regardless of who's in the backfield. That's the job of the front 4-7. You'll see they're not heavy on sacks. That's because they focus on stopping the run first.

8 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I think (or at least hope) we get a Super Bowl rematch of what was one of the best regular season games of the year:  Rams vs. Chiefs.

Part of me what that too. The other part of me want the Rams to face the Pats. 18yrs ago was the last time the Rams were in the NFCCG. They won and faced the Pats in the Superbowl and lost. We know what happened from there. I want the Rams to avenge that loss and finish the Pats dynasty and start their own dynasty. So the Rams can avenge their 2000 playoff lost to the Saints in the Superdome and they can avenge their 2001 Superbowl loss to the Pats on a neutral site. 

1 minute ago, stl4life07 said:

Part of me what that too. The other part of me want the Rams to face the Pats. 18yrs ago was the last time the Rams were in the NFCCG. They won and faced the Pats in the Superbowl and lost. We know what happened from there. I want the Rams to avenge that loss and finish the Pats dynasty and start their own dynasty. So the Rams can avenge their 2000 playoff lost to the Saints in the Superdome and they can avenge their 2001 Superbowl loss to the Pats on a neutral site. 

That Rams team was one of my favorite non-Viking teams of all time.  So fun to watch!  The Pats came out of nowhere for me because I didn't know how good they were going to become.  When they made that kick, it was almost like the shock of seeing Mike Tyson get knocked out by Buster Douglas.  It's a good thing I'm not a gambler because I would have put thousands on the Rams to win that game. 

@AK41 Btw you made me think of Nephew Tommy when you said you wont go back and forth with me. Last time I checked sports can be debated before, during, and after the game none stop. Nephew Tommy would say, "I wont go back and forth with you", because he do prank calls and get the person on the other line so mad they literally be threatening to find him and beat him up. So unless you are mad, then why not debate? I love talking football. My two best friends are Saints fans. My dad is a Saints fan. I live in Saints country. I love debating with them all the time about Saints and Rams. They do the same thing back. So I dont consider, "going back and forth" when it comes to sports a bad thing regardless of before, during, or after the game. Heck 20yrs from now we could still debate this game. I was talking about the 2000 playoff game with another Saints fan the other day. Its all in good fun and Im a football junkie so there is no time limit on when Im going to talk about a game. Thats what makes sport so great. The results obviously will speak of itself but still debates can be had long after the game is done. 

17 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

That Rams team was one of my favorite non-Viking teams of all time.  So fun to watch!  The Pats came out of nowhere for me because I didn't know how good they were going to become.  When they made that kick, it was almost like the shock of seeing Mike Tyson get knocked out by Buster Douglas.  It's a good thing I'm not a gambler because I would have put thousands on the Rams to win that game. 

I hear you. I live in Saints country but I choose the Rams because I jokingly predicted them to win the Superbowl in 1999 and everyone thought I was insane. Too bad I was like 13yrs old and couldnt bet even though Im really not a betting person outside of doing two fantasy football leagues for small cash. But I strongly believe the Pats cheated to beat the Rams. Faulk admits it as well as Vermeil. I wouldnt put it past them if they cheated to beat the Panthers and Eagles to win those Superbowls. Kevin Hart jokingly said the other day that the reason why the Pats lost to the Eagles last year is because they were forced to play clean football lol. Thats just me though, everyone has their beliefs and its a great debate which I love to debate. At the end of the day I was heartbroken when the Rams lost to the Pats. 

The Vikings are an interesting team to watch. It was ridiculous to even hear about Zimmer being on the hot seat. He is a great coach. I have my doubts about Cousins but I do love Cook, Theilen, Diggs, and that defense I still believe in. To bad the Rams dont play the Vikings next season because that game we played was the 2nd best game of the season imo by the Rams. The Chiefs was 1st and then the Vikings was 2nd. It was Goff best game of his career. 

Btw nobody saw Tyson getting knocked out by Douglas. Then again though nobody saw Tyson get taken too. We dont know how someone reacts until they get punched in the face and thats exactly what happened to Tyson. But Ill give the Pats credit because they beat the Rams and went on to have that dynasty to show that one game wasnt a fluke. So I can respect that because I believe the Rams are building something special no matter what happens today. They are showing that last season wasnt a fluke and they are going to show this season was a fluke. 

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

I hear you. I live in Saints country but I choose the Rams because I jokingly predicted them to win the Superbowl in 1999 and everyone thought I was insane. Too bad I was like 13yrs old and couldnt bet even though Im really not a betting person outside of doing two fantasy football leagues for small cash. But I strongly believe the Pats cheated to beat the Rams. Faulk admits it as well as Vermeil. I wouldnt put it past them if they cheated to beat the Panthers and Eagles to win those Superbowls. Kevin Hart jokingly said the other day that the reason why the Pats lost to the Eagles last year is because they were forced to play clean football lol. Thats just me though, everyone has their beliefs and its a great debate which I love to debate. At the end of the day I was heartbroken when the Rams lost to the Pats. 

The Vikings are an interesting team to watch. It was ridiculous to even hear about Zimmer being on the hot seat. He is a great coach. I have my doubts about Cousins but I do love Cook, Theilen, Diggs, and that defense I still believe in. To bad the Rams dont play the Vikings next season because that game we played was the 2nd best game of the season imo by the Rams. The Chiefs was 1st and then the Vikings was 2nd. It was Goff best game of his career. 

Btw nobody saw Tyson getting knocked out by Douglas. Then again though nobody saw Tyson get taken too. We dont know how someone reacts until they get punched in the face and thats exactly what happened to Tyson. But Ill give the Pats credit because they beat the Rams and went on to have that dynasty to show that one game wasnt a fluke. So I can respect that because I believe the Rams are building something special no matter what happens today. They are showing that last season wasnt a fluke and they are going to show this season was a fluke. 

salt

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

Good.

Just now, stl4life07 said:

Im out here looking for revenge. Saints today then Pats in two weeks. McVay and these Rams are going to get the big payback. My friend says the Superdome is voodoo, I told him McVay is Harry Potter.

yes I think the Rams will win

3 hours ago, AK41 said:

... Eagles got 99 yards and 0 points after the first quarter. We looked bad beating them but how did LA look losing to them?9_9

Saints 30

Rams 23

The Eagles had no run game before Brooks got hurt and after that their line was pathetic.

• Comparing what they did to the Eagles absolutely 1-dimensional offense to what they will see from the Rams today is pointless.
  • Maybe you think Wendell Smallwood is as dangerous as Gurley?

The Saints did not need a game plan on offense, they just had to throw it to Thomas against a secondary with 3 of 4 starters on IR.

• They got a whole 20 points.
  • The Saints were lucky to survive anyway when the ball skipped out of Jeffrey's hands.

The Saints have been very vulnerable in their last 3 playoff games.

• Panthers drop in the end zone helped them pull away late
  • Keenum's horrible pick and a blocked punt were the only reasons the Vikings needed a miracle
  • If Foles puts another yard on that pass to Ertz its 21-0 or if they fail on the 4th down fake its 17-0 or 21-0.

Lets pretend they are a dominant playoff team though.

Saints fans have no reason to be cocky about this game.

21 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

I really don't think we are. If we play the Rams like we played the Eagles, the final will be something like 41-14 Rams. If we play a very nearly flawless game, we might escape with a 3 point win. Maybe. But it won't be dominant and it won't look good.

Anything that shows us winning by more than 3 is insane. The Rams are healthy and ready. 3 of 5 of the Saints starters on the Oline are hurt. Peat has a broken hand (!!!). Armstead was suffering from what could be a torn pectoral in November. That's a slow healing injury. Unger hasn't been himself in a while. We are not 100% at all and even on paper we shouldn't be favored to win. We are because we are the home team but the spread at 3-3.5 shows how little confidence anyone has in us. That spread is entirely there because the dome crowd believes and is loud, not because anyone thinks we can win without their help. In LA, the Rams would be favored by 8 or more.

We are a shell of the team that beat the Rams and the Eagles last year so this should be a bloodbath. No other way to spin it. All that aside, I'm a dumb homer so I still think the Saints will win. :D 

28 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

The Eagles had no run game before Brooks got hurt and after that their line was pathetic.

• Comparing what they did to the Eagles absolutely 1-dimensional offense to what they will see from the Rams today is pointless.
  • Maybe you think Wendell Smallwood is as dangerous as Gurley?

The Saints did not need a game plan on offense, they just had to throw it to Thomas against a secondary with 3 of 4 starters on IR.

• They got a whole 20 points.
  • The Saints were lucky to survive anyway when the ball skipped out of Jeffrey's hands.

The Saints have been very vulnerable in their last 3 playoff games.

• Panthers drop in the end zone helped them pull away late
  • Keenum's horrible pick and a blocked punt were the only reasons the Vikings needed a miracle
  • If Foles puts another yard on that pass to Ertz its 21-0 or if they fail on the 4th down fake its 17-0 or 21-0.

Lets pretend they are a dominant playoff team though.

Dude that same eagles team beat the rams AT HOME

your whole argument is straight IF’s talk about what actually happened 

how bout IF our kicker makes that kick eagles lose by 10?

Archived