The Moore Identity - Kellen promoted to OC, Kitna to QB coach

D82

Just now, WizardHawk said:

Finishing the season 8-1 pretty much killed that. As it should. 

No, it shouldn’t. Garrett had a huge hand in the personnel we started the season with. He didn’t see the need to bring in a reliable WR or TE. He was the one who implemented an offense that was more vanilla than a store bought cake. He was the guy whose lack of spine cost us games, and kept Linehan on the staff even when his play calling warranted termination. Had Jerry not stepped in and reminded him that he was the actual coach of the team, Cooper wouldn’t even be here. Garrett is a useless puppet.

2 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Finishing the season 8-1 pretty much killed that. As it should. 

See and this is the reason we can't take the step foward.

It's not 8-1 it was 10-6 and last year was 8-8, and the results this year were one more playoff win was a grand total playoff record of being 2-3 for 8 years of coaching.

That to you guys should warrant an extension.

Just now, Calvert28 said:

That to you guys should warrant an extension.

Extensions are meaningless for Coaches in the grand scheme of things. No Coaches Salary Cap.

Jerry can sign him to 100Million Dollar Coaching Extension and still fire him and none of us are worse for it.

Much like when fans were upset about how much Jerry spent on the Stadium, I will never understand why people care how Jerry waste's his money.

3 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Extensions are meaningless for Coaches in the grand scheme of things. No Coaches Salary Cap.

Jerry can sign him to 100Million Dollar Coaching Extension and still fire him and none of us are worse for it.

Much like when fans were upset about how much Jerry spent on the Stadium, I will never understand why people care how Jerry waste's his money.

Who was complaining about that besides Arlington residents.

Except it's been 8 years with a  losing playoff record and little to no results in the win department.

5 years should be the max length time.

Just now, Calvert28 said:

Who was complaining about that besides Arlington residents.

Tons of people. It's Cowboys fan. They will literally complain about anything. People Hated Sean Payton. Todd Bowels. Mike ZImmer. Tony Sparano. Todd Haley. 

I think the only one I don't remember grief about was Anthony Lynn.

Dallas fans - and maybe it is NFL fans - don't really have a firm grasp about quality coaching. 

5 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

We also wanted to fire  Matt Eberflus since he was a Rob Ryan protegee. 

Believe me when I say, Cowboy fans complaining about a Coach they know nothing about is like saying water is wet. 

Most viewed Sean Payton poorly at the time as well, didn't they?

3 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Tons of people. It's Cowboys fan. They will literally complain about anything. People Hated Sean Payton. Todd Bowels. Mike ZImmer. Tony Sparano. Todd Haley. 

I think the only one I don't remember grief about was Anthony Lynn.

Dallas fans - and maybe it is NFL fans - don't really have a firm grasp about quality coaching. 

This times a 1000. Really doesn't matter who is hired. People live to b!tch. 

I posted something the other day from the Saints forum about their offense and some of the comments are numbing. . 

9 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

We also wanted to fire  Matt Eberflus since he was a Rob Ryan protegee. 

Believe me when I say, Cowboy fans complaining about a Coach they know nothing about is like saying water is wet. 

If you know nothing about him then that's cause for concern.

Dak has not made the significant progress like people talk about and he still hasn't regained that 2016 form of high flying efficiency. Yet people want to talk about what a huge impact Moore has had on him. Maybe he can bring a radical new approach to our offense that just lights up the league. But then again according to reports JG is supposed to have a greater say on things. Garrett who hired Linehan because they think so much alike. So even if the brilliance is there we won't get to see it. The gloves were taken off when we hired Richard and Rod "said" he was ok with it and with that decision our defense took a leap into elite status this year. Garrett has not shown the capacity to be open to a McVay style of coaching but we are supposed to get excited by Moore taking the reins. Now we hear it's going to be a committee approach. So if our offense gets stumped, who is going to make the adjustments? Cause you can't have a committee do it at half time so more then likely it will be after we "lose" the game because the only person who will have final say on it is a guy notorious for not wanting to not rock the boat. Who's afraid of change and literally had to have his job threatened if he didn't start taking more chances. 

20 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

5 years should be the max length time.

I must say. Calvert is incredibly brave by saying he would have fired Tom Landry. Makes me less likely to take him seriously about Coaches - but hey, at least he is honest.

But of course I am using a ridiculous example. Much like another in Bill Belichick (which - can we at least agree that Dallas fans would hate him given how much he sucks at drafting?).

The NFL is all about the right situation at the right time with the right people and scheme. Fans are likely to have better odds at hitting 5 numbers in 7 for the lotto than knowing a decent NFL coach - especially considering the NFL itself constantly gets Coaches wrong.

15 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

I posted something the other day from the Saints forum about their offense and some of the comments are numbing. . 

This...does not surpirse me. I wonder if the three teams that don't complain about play-calling on the offense are the Bears Rams and Chiefs? But I am not taking that bet - I suspect even they have fans who complain. 

Food for thought guys.

Back when the Tuna was our HC , Sean Payton was assist HC/quarterbacks coach after 3 years with Phila/ NYG combined.

He was responsible for Tony Romo's career. 

We never saw fit to make him our HC. 

He went to NO and won a SB.

Wonder what he is doing today?

Point is, he wasn't even a real OC, but the majority of his career prior to his leaving Dallas was more of a QB coach.

Can Kellen Moore be of that same ilk?

Archived