The Moore Identity - Kellen promoted to OC, Kitna to QB coach

D82

14 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I must say. Calvert is incredibly brave by saying he would have fired Tom Landry. Makes me less likely to take him seriously about Coaches - but hey, at least he is honest.

But of course I am using a ridiculous example. Much like another in Bill Belichick (which - can we at least agree that Dallas fans would hate him given how much he sucks at drafting?).

The NFL is all about the right situation at the right time with the right people and scheme. Fans are likely to have better odds at hitting 5 numbers in 7 for the lotto than knowing a decent NFL coach - especially considering the NFL itself constantly gets Coaches wrong.

Jesus you are grasping. First off Landry was taking over a franchise team and not one with a roster that housed at least 15 people that were pro bowl caliber players that he effectively ended the careers of with them.

Landry unlike Garrett was a revolutionary mind on defense and brought about the base 4-3 that saw a huge amount of success in the league and went on to become the standard base defense for most NFL still till this day.

Also the SuperBowl did not actually first occur until 1967 7 years after Landry was coaching the Cowboys but he still managed to lead that brand new franchise that started with no all-world caliber players to the NFL championship game 6 years after he became coach.

Do not compare JG to Landry....like ever.

14 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Indeed. I don't disagree. There is concern. But far from anything is established. It is the great unknown we embark on. It could be widely successful - it could suck.

Ok you're right about that. It's a change for better or worse and that at least is a positive because it means we are moving in a direction rather then just standing still like we have beem.

Just now, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

You are the one with the five year rule. Not me.

In today's NFL especially when you take over a very talented roster.

There are exceptions to everything, and I probably would be a little more lax with JG if we were the Houston Texans circa 2002.

Just now, Calvert28 said:

In today's NFL especially when you take over a very talented roster.

There are exceptions to everything, and I probably would be a little more lax with JG if we were the Houston Texans circa 2002.

(Shrugs)

I think Redball should have already been fired. But it is funny fans are upset that Jerry is holding on to a Coach too long when he was widely criticized for firing coaches too quickly and having no continuity. 

It's healthy (or unhealthy) to have expectations. But the average NFL fan is wrong about Coaches a lot. 

Dallas would NEVER forgive Jerry is Jason leaves and he wins a SB with another team within 3 years. 

9 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

(Shrugs)

I think Redball should have already been fired. But it is funny fans are upset that Jerry is holding on to a Coach too long when he was widely criticized for firing coaches too quickly and having no continuity. 

It's healthy (or unhealthy) to have expectations. But the average NFL fan is wrong about Coaches a lot. 

Dallas would NEVER forgive Jerry is Jason leaves and he wins a SB with another team within 3 years. 

You just said you thought he should have been fired. And this is not the Sean Payton situation. Jason has had his chances to make it work here and he hasn't. It's very doubtful he could win it elsewhere and that's if he even got another gig. And I am not bashing Moore, but we have a very small window before we have to shell out massive contracts that is going to greatly reduce our edge salary cap wise retain certain people and even bring them in when able. And our best chance at a SB rests on a unknown commodity that as far as anyone knows has not even called plays on any level of football but we expect him to take this offense to the next level? There is reason to question the decision and that's even if we are allowing him to do that and not just turn it over to JG who is much of the same like Linehan.

The super bowl or bust mentality with NFL fans continues to be painfully irrational. This franchise has been largely successful over the last 5 seasons, and yet we act like there is no way we can win a Super Bowl with Garret. Only one team walks away with a SB win.. the odds are stacked against you. Your head coach isn’t inept simply because you don’t win the super bowl. 

I truthfully believe he is the biggest scapegoat on the team. He’s not a bad coach at all. Seriously, his team won 8 out of their final 10 games of the season  with a playoff win and you think the team needs to move on from him? Stop it. 

7 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

The super bowl or bust mentality with NFL fans continues to be painfully irrational. This franchise has been largely successful over the last 5 seasons, and yet we act like there is no way we can win a Super Bowl with Garret. Only one team walks away with a SB win.. the odds are stacked against you. Your head coach isn’t inept simply because you don’t win the super bowl. 

I truthfully believe he is the biggest scapegoat on the team. He’s not a bad coach at all. Seriously, his team won 8 out of their final 10 games of the season  with a playoff win and you think the team needs to move on from him? Stop it. 

It is not irrational. Taking chances and expecting better is not irrational. Your type of logic would rather us keep Jeff Fisher then hire Sean McVay?

3 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

I truthfully believe he is the biggest scapegoat on the team. He’s not a bad coach at all. 

Last 5 years....

3 NFC championships 
48 wins
.600 win percentage 

It's been a roller coaster for sure, but bad coach? He is not. He's just not perfect, which chaps people. 

2 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Last 5 years....

3 NFC championships 
48 wins
.600 win percentage 

It's been a roller coaster for sure, but bad coach? He is not. He's just not perfect, which chaps people. 

It’s that Garrett is a mediocre coach who can inly take a team so far. He can’t get over the divisional round playoff hump.

Archived