The Moore Identity - Kellen promoted to OC, Kitna to QB coach

D82

Sink or swim, this is it Boys! I guess we will see what this mash unit of former QB’s can come up with! I hope for Moore to be a true upcomer like they say, but he hasn’t proven squat to me in the last year. 

Guess I need to stock up on my Whiskey before the next season starts, because it could be a very long season!! 

2 hours ago, Ace5 said:

Since when is he "fast rising?" 

Since Dallas moved him from backup QB in '17 to QB coach in '18 to OC in '19. That is the fastest move thru coaching ranks I've every seen. 

I don't really know how much water the title holds though. I doubt it very much. I fully expect this to be a group effort. 

2 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I'll say I prefer Moore to Nuss. But that is in large part my Florida Bias showing. 

Redball will likely have a greater influence on the offense anyways. So why not go down the roadless traveled. 

Great so even if Moore is the second coming he will have his wings clipped by clueless coach.

2 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Great so even if Moore is the second coming he will have his wings clipped by clueless coach.

I get that your "thing" is to just be upset about everything, but the reality is this is going to be RedBalls sink-or-swim year anyways - even if he does get an extension. Jerry wants success. Might as well give the Coach all the rope he needs to succeed...or...hang himself. 

But, I get it. It is much easier to just be upset. Just think, though, on the bright-side if you are right this is Redball's last year. 

I actually don’t hate this. I like the FO making Jason sink or swim by his own playcalls. I mean I’m sure he’s still getting his extension but, you know, this definitely puts him on notice. I can also get behind the idea that Moore, Nussmeier, Kitna, and even Redball have some good things to contribute and the main problem was Linehan.

It’s also a refreshing set of moves in the sense that we no longer have any reason buy that things will be any different from a design standpoint. No need to get our hopes up there.

40 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Yet another weak and lazy hire. 

It really is. And I am wondering if that's by design with Garrett. Why is it that we can go out and hire a guys like Richard, Rod, and of course Matt Eberflus all of whom were known commodities outside of the Cowboys but with the offensive side of the ball we hire strictly position coaches or no name guys that have shown little ability to move up in the ranks?

3 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I get that your "thing" is to just be upset about everything, but the reality is this is going to be RedBalls sink-or-swim year anyways - even if he does get an extension. Jerry wants success. Might as well give the Coach all the rope he needs to succeed...or...hang himself. 

But, I get it. It is much easier to just be upset. Just think, though, on the bright-side if you are right this is Redball's last year. 

This year was supposed to be his last year in case you forgot the talk early last offseason.

2 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

It really is. And I am wondering if that's by design with Garrett. Why is it that we can go out and hire a guys like Richard, Rod, and of course Matt Eberflus all of whom were known commodities outside of the Cowboys but with the offensive side of the ball we hire strictly position coaches or no name guys that have shown little ability to move up in the ranks?

Garrett won’t bring in people who run offenses which differ from his archaic system. Moore will be nothing but a patsy for Garrett’s incompetence as a coach.

Archived