Denzel

brooks1957

18 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

This still doesn't stop me from pursuing a above average corner either FA or the draft. Thinking about closing off another deep third to the offense is appealing.

His concussions are a major issue already. He wouldn’t prevent me from doing anything this offseason. Even taking a CB in the first. 

35 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

His concussions are a major issue already. He wouldn’t prevent me from doing anything this offseason. Even taking a CB in the first. 

Even if he didn’t have concussion issues, there’s no reason not to take one anywhere in the draft if a good one is available.

It’s a position that regularly has 3 guys on the field at a time.

3 CB's to keep an eye on in FA, if that's a route Dorsey decides to take.

Bashaud Breeland: when he finally got healthy and signed with Green Bay, after a couple of rusty games, he played extremely well. Still young, 27, and he's a guy we brought in already, but he wasn't healthy so we didn't sign him. Might be able to get him on a good deal with the fact he only played a portion of the season.

Steven Nelson: took over for Marcus Peters after the trade in KC and played very well. PFF ranks him as one of their top 10 underrated FA's. Dorsey drafted him. High character guy and leader. Just about to turn 26. 

Ronald Darby: tore his ACL. Good CB but Eagles have drafted young replacements. Just turned 25. With injury, his potential deal should be reasonable. Maybe even a one year prove it deal.

I have been a big BBC fan, but the last two years have been average, we should keep him but definitely upgrade the position.

Also Bs dop like flies you really need to be 6 deep.

I like Ward, Mitchell, Carrie is ok, BBCis ok, we need two more, id like 1 in FA and 1 in he draft. . 

32 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I have been a big BBC fan, but the last two years have been average, we should keep him but definitely upgrade the position.

Also Bs dop like flies you really need to be 6 deep.

I like Ward, Mitchell, Carrie is ok, BBCis ok, we need two more, id like 1 in FA and 1 in he draft. . 

Image result for kevin the office gif

2 hours ago, Fatgerman said:

3 CB's to keep an eye on in FA, if that's a route Dorsey decides to take.

Bashaud Breeland: when he finally got healthy and signed with Green Bay, after a couple of rusty games, he played extremely well. Still young, 27, and he's a guy we brought in already, but he wasn't healthy so we didn't sign him. Might be able to get him on a good deal with the fact he only played a portion of the season.

Steven Nelson: took over for Marcus Peters after the trade in KC and played very well. PFF ranks him as one of their top 10 underrated FA's. Dorsey drafted him. High character guy and leader. Just about to turn 26. 

Ronald Darby: tore his ACL. Good CB but Eagles have drafted young replacements. Just turned 25. With injury, his potential deal should be reasonable. Maybe even a one year prove it deal.

I like all 3 of these guys.

IMO, our biggest needs defensively are in this order:

1. DT

2. EDGE

(You could argue the opposite for  these two and I wouldn't fault you)

3. CB #2

4. MLB to go with Schobert

Randall is a solid FS and Peppers isn't bad as a SS, and he came on strong at the end of the year. Anyone not named Ogunjobi is a pretty pathetic DT, and I wouldn't be surprised if Avery moved to the other starting LB spot and away from the "rush end" situational status, because he looked great down the stretch. An end opposite Myles (who, as great as he is, needs to improve and get more consistent, especially against the run) is a major need. I think that CB #2 can be addressed in free agency, but if you have a stud staring you in the face at #17 you pull the trigger.

In all honesty, you could make the argument that we should draft BPA at literally every position except for QB and RB, and MAYBE Safety. Obviously DL is a huge glaring hole, but about any other position I wouldn't fault you for.

Archived