Live in any decade

Ty21

I’m currently watching Suburbicon and it’s pretty horrendous but it got me thinking. 

If you could choose any one decade to live in besides the one we are currently in which would you choose? Whichever decade you choose is how your world will be for the rest of your life (so themes and styles and life of the 1950’s will stay like that for decades instead of moving on to the 1960s)

1 minute ago, Tyty said:

I’m currently watching Suburbicon and it’s pretty horrendous but it got me thinking. 

If you could choose any one decade to live in besides the one we are currently in which would you choose? Whichever decade you choose is how your world will be for the rest of your life (so themes and styles and life of the 1950’s will stay like that for decades instead of moving on to the 1960s)

giphy.gif 

Caught myself turning the radio up yesterday going down the highway, being excited for "West End Girls"... Before remembering it was made by the Pet Shop Boys.

That leads me to believe if I pick anything other than the 80s. Id be lying to myself.

(yes I sung along. Ill carry that shame)

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Caught myself turning the radio up yesterday going down the highway, being excited for "West End Girls"... Before remembering it was made by the Pet Shop Boys.

That leads me to believe if I pick anything other than the 80s. Id be lying to myself.

(yes I sung along. Ill carry that shame)

What's wrong with liking a song by the Pet Shop Boys?

I’m tempted to say 50s or 60s because every time we’re unloading the truck I imagine backrooms in the 50s with a bunch of unloader standing at a conveyor belt smoking cigarettes in suits.

But i’d probably go with the 00s of this century. Technology before big tech got way too powerful and we became completely dependent on it. And after women started doing yoga and getting rid of all the hair below their neck

And the southern rap boom of 08 and 09 I consider the golden age of music 

Archived