OT: Mahomes may ink 200M contract in 2020, how much might Trubs earn in 2021?

malagabears

25 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I think for this to happen there would need to be a major change to the next CBA.

$200M over 6 years is “only” $33.3M a season and would actually be just behind the AAV on Rodgers’ deal that will be almost 3 years old by then. I’d be at least a little surprised if someone else doesn’t get there sooner. 

2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

$200M over 6 years is “only” $33.3M a season and would actually be just behind the AAV on Rodgers’ deal that will be almost 3 years old by then. I’d be at least a little surprised if someone else doesn’t get there sooner. 

It's not that in itself I have an issue with...it's the fact that if you start paying QB that as an almost standard you will 100% see pass rushers looking for far bigger money than now to get after these $33 million dollar men...that then puts the price of OTs up...then WRs...then CBs...and so on and so forth...you can't have such is disparity in wages without something coming to a head so the cap would need to go up significantly in the new CBA to accommodate all this. 

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

They're apparently going to give him a new contract at the first opportunity to do so. Which is monumentally stupid. 

Unless they figure waiting will cost them more in the long run. If they lock him up for 7, 8 years, who are we to call it a bad move. In 7 or 8 years whatever they pay him will probably be cheap for a QB.

38 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Unless they figure waiting will cost them more in the long run. If they lock him up for 7, 8 years, who are we to call it a bad move. In 7 or 8 years whatever they pay him will probably be cheap for a QB.

Yeah...bur I don't see how that erases two comparatively cheap years. I guess you're right about contract length, though. Would be weird if he got like an eight year contract. 

Bottomline. Mitch is only worth that much if he helps us win a SB or atleast take a huge step in progression that shows he is worth keeping when his contract is up. If not, he is gone and so is Pace and the rest of staff and we are back to square one.

--------------------------------------

Note: This is only a discussion piece.

Lets look at this logically. First off, we don't have to worry about any of this for another 2 full seasons and ALOT can happen within that time.

Second, Pace has went all in and bet all of his chips on this team to get a SB within the next 2 years, which is equivalent to the same amount of time he is under contract for, and most of the majority of those chips are betting on Mitch becoming the player that he(and us) had hoped he would eventually become when he traded up to get him.

With that said, what makes you guys believe that Mitch could carry this team in the event that the defense is having a bad day and he is forced to make plays for an entire 4 quarters?

Now let's seriously try to look at this without the glasses on, because I don't think it's crazy to think that the defense will not stay as healthy as they were this year and in turn take a step back. Which also in turn is going ot force Mitch into situations that he is going to have to carry this team. 

Edit: Keep in mind, when I say the defense 'takes a step back' I mean still being a top-5 unit, just not as great as they were this year. That is hard to replicate in back to back years. 

I don't think we really need Mitch to play like Mahomes. If he can play like Goff that is more than enough to win a superbowl with this defense. Someone had some stats earlier about most Superbowl winning teams have an elite defense anyways and everyone here wants a win not a HOF QB who loses in the big games (i.e. Manning).

50 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

I don't think we really need Mitch to play like Mahomes. If he can play like Goff that is more than enough to win a superbowl with this defense. Someone had some stats earlier about most Superbowl winning teams have an elite defense anyways and everyone here wants a win not a HOF QB who loses in the big games (i.e. Manning).

Agree. If Trubisky is Romo, he's getting a big extension and no one is getting fired. He doesn't have to be Rodgers.

9 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Bottomline. Mitch is only worth that much if he helps us win a SB or atleast take a huge step in progression that shows he is worth keeping when his contract is up. If not, he is gone and so is Pace and the rest of staff and we are back to square one.

--------------------------------------

Note: This is only a discussion piece.

Lets look at this logically. First off, we don't have to worry about any of this for another 2 full seasons and ALOT can happen within that time.

Second, Pace has went all in and bet all of his chips on this team to get a SB within the next 2 years, which is equivalent to the same amount of time he is under contract for, and most of the majority of those chips are betting on Mitch becoming the player that he(and us) had hoped he would eventually become when he traded up to get him.

With that said, what makes you guys believe that Mitch could carry this team in the event that the defense is having a bad day and he is forced to make plays for an entire 4 quarters?

Now let's seriously try to look at this without the glasses on, because I don't think it's crazy to think that the defense will not stay as healthy as they were this year and in turn take a step back. Which also in turn is going ot force Mitch into situations that he is going to have to carry this team. 

Edit: Keep in mind, when I say the defense 'takes a step back' I mean still being a top-5 unit, just not as great as they were this year. That is hard to replicate in back to back years. 

I would ask the inverse to what have you seen that would say he cant.  Everyone is always throwing up some new thing we've never seen him do, until he does it. It's actually comical at this point.  He cant throw to his left, oh theres a TD pass to his left.  Well he has never thrown 2 TDs in game.  Damn theres his 2nd TD against Seattle.  Well he'll never throw 6 TDs in a game like Mahomes just did.  Oops TB.  Well he hasnt beaten a div opponent.  Det and Minny fall back to back.  Well he has never played well on the road.  SF and Minny back to back.  How does he play when the game is in the line? Damn he actually plays really well typically putting his team in position to win.  Now its, he cant win if the defense isnt outstanding.  I guess that's the next fallacy to fall.

As for extensions, this sounds like clickbait, and we have to see what happens next year and the year after before we worry about any of it

Archived