Was this the worst call in NFL history?

evilpimp972

If the NFL wants to maintain their integrity and show that they actually care about improving the officiating and keeping players safe, then they must fire Bill Vinovich. An apology, making pass interference reviewable, fining him and/or banning him from officiating Saints and/or playoff games alone is not going to cut it.

I understand the officials are human and make mistakes, and I firmly believe most of them are decent people doing the best they can, but there was absolutely no excuse for the no call. Vinovich outright admitting he "didn't see it" is very concerning.

The Saints organization and their fans have every right to be furious and I hope the league feels completely embarrassed by this and never hears the end of it.

4 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

I imagine the worst call would be something that was called a penalty which shouldn't have been. A missed call is less bad than a wrong call.

normally i would agree

but when it’s missing a defender flat out decking a guy, costing someone a super bowl berth...

Tuck Rule is still the worst call of all time and it isn’t even close. Not arguing the rule, the ball was already fully tucked back in with zero motion. The rule should not have been called. He has to be in the motion of tucking it back in. It was already fully tucked with no more motion. The biggest blown call of the century. 

The worst call ever is actually the Fail Marry in the Packer/Seahawk game but that was only the regular season so not as impactful. 

The answer is always to fire someone lol.

There were missed calls on both sides. If the officials got them all correct, it’s pretty likely the Saints are driving needing a TD, rather than driving with the game tied.

There have been a number of similar examples that haven’t been called over the years. It happens.

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

The worst call ever is actually the Fail Marry in the Packer/Seahawk

There was over 100 pages of people arguing over that call/no call. It was incredibly controversial (I do agree it was a bad call though)

I doubt you’d find more than a small handful of posters who would argue that the no call in the NFCCG was good.

i think that says it all.

Just now, Dome said:

There was over 100 pages of people arguing over that call/no call. It was incredibly controversial (I do agree it was a bad call though)

I doubt you’d find more than a small handful of posters who would argue that the no call in the NFCCG was good.

i think that says it all.

You obviously weren’t around for the Tuck Rule if you think this was a worse call. 

Archived