Was this the worst call in NFL history?

evilpimp972

39 minutes ago, AlNFL19 said:

I don't like the facemask argument because refs miss facemasks like that all the time - they can be hard to see. That DPI was obvious - the ball wasn't even there when he got hit.

Per the rule, they missed two others in the game that should have gone against the Saints.  One committed on Everett and one committed on Gurley.  So at least they were consistent in that regard, I suppose.

Point blank, if that's a more "celebrated" QB like a Brady, Rodgers, or even Brees and their head gets turned the way it did, that flag is getting thrown 10 times out of 10.

3 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Well then move no? No one even remembers 09.. Tbh Been so long. 

Lol not true. Read comments on just about any big social media message board in regards to that horrible "no-call" yesterday. You're bound to run into several cheesy bounty gate/karma comments

2 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Lol not true. Read comments on just about any big social media message board in regards to that horrible "no-call" yesterday. You're bound to run into several cheesy bounty gate/karma comments

I'm guccci brother. I'm losing no sleep.. 

10 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Refs blow DPI calls all the time. If you watch it in real time, it's nowhere near as blatant as it is in slow motion. It's DPI, but it's much closer to a bang bang play.

The non call wasn't even close to bang bang....ball was in the air 4-5 yards away still. 

Pretty sure the rest of the world doesn't blow up if it's a missed "bang bang" play.  

1 hour ago, Raves said:

It is also likely the Rams don't take the lead because it's an if, not a direct line of fact.  Didn't the Rams get stopped in the redzone a few times by the Saints?  Even then that's more time off the clock with the call which means the Saints  don't need to bleed as much time off the clock.

And didn't the Saints get stopped multiple times in the red zone in that game having to settle for field goals? Again you want to apply the benefit of hind sight to the Saints scoring but deny the same thing to the Rams. The facemask on Goff gets called we score 7 instead of 3. The false start is called on Brees you guys fail to score a TD and settle for a FG. Lots of bad and missed calls affected the outcome of the game. 

47 minutes ago, AlNFL19 said:

I don't like the facemask argument because refs miss facemasks like that all the time - they can be hard to see. That DPI was obvious - the ball wasn't even there when he got hit.

Refs blow DPI and OPI all the time too they can be hard to see and judge. You can't pick or choose which penalties should or shouldn't have been called to fit the mood. 

1 minute ago, SWATcha said:

The non call wasn't even close to bang bang....ball was in the air 4-5 yards away still. 

Pretty sure the rest of the world doesn't blow up if it's a missed "bang bang" play.  

Except my first thought watching it in real time was that it was bang bang.

There’s a reason all the replays are in super slo mo and that’s to exaggerate the point that it’s a bad no call.

3 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Refs blow DPI and OPI all the time too they can be hard to see and judge. You can't pick or choose which penalties should or shouldn't have been called to fit the mood. 

How was that play "hard to see and judge?" 

If that's a more "celebrated" QB like Brees and their head gets turned the way it did, that flag is getting thrown 10 times out of 10?? So what about this happening not long after on the OT interception:

brees-jpg.110489

And just for good measure in regards to no calls:

helmet-jpg.110490

No call on the helmet to helmet knocking Hill out of the game

holding-jpg.110491

No holding on this play where Gurley clearly held

screenshot_20190121-150006_youtube-jpg.1

Robey-Coleman doing his thing again here

1 minute ago, Buc Ball said:

Except my first thought watching it in real time was that it was bang bang.

There’s a reason all the replays are in super slo mo and that’s to exaggerate the point that it’s a bad no call.

You may want to get your eyes checked than.

Only people that are subscribing to it being a bang bang play are Rams fans and Saints haters. I'm assuming with "Buc Ball" you fall in the latter.

Bang bang would require the ball to be, you know, CLOSE, when contact is made. 

6 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

You can’t expect the same number of calls for both teams in a single game just because they had the same number of calls over the course of a season.  

Thats only part of it. The other part is that there were so many missed calls in the Saints favor that there never should have been a discrepancy. If we want to say both teams got away with stuff, then the penalties should have been comparable. Otherwise it's one sided officiating.

The missed facemask on Goff the series before is the easiest example. It cost the Rams 4 points and even if they call the PI, the game wouldn't have been over as the Saints would have needed a TD.

Archived