Was this the worst call in NFL history?

evilpimp972

5 hours ago, tyler735 said:

If that's a more "celebrated" QB like Brees and their head gets turned the way it did, that flag is getting thrown 10 times out of 10?? So what about this happening not long after on the OT interception:

brees-jpg.110489

And just for good measure in regards to no calls:

helmet-jpg.110490

No call on the helmet to helmet knocking Hill out of the game

holding-jpg.110491

No holding on this play where Gurley clearly held

screenshot_20190121-150006_youtube-jpg.1

Robey-Coleman doing his thing again here

It helps if your links actually work.  Also, aside from the one (I can only assume because you didn't post anything that actually works) with Brees in it, what do any of those have to do with the part of my post you quoted?

Seriously, dude.  Some of your arguments come across like you you actually take Joe Buck as a credible commentator.

18 minutes ago, The LBC said:

It helps if your links actually work.  Also, aside from the one (I can only assume because you didn't post anything that actually works) with Brees in it, what do any of those have to do with the part of my post you quoted?

Seriously, dude.  Some of your arguments come across like you you actually take Joe Buck as a credible commentator.

The links (pics) show up fine for me not sure whats going on then if they aren't working for you. However the pics show several plays that could have been called penalties that weren't called for the Saints...since Rams fans keep bringing up a borderline facemask call. The pic with Brees in it had plenty to do with your comment as it highlights that refs don't always call penalties for elite QBs like Brees.

As for your Joe Buck comment, laughable at best. I would hope you can do better as a "mod" as there are so many good one's on this site you could certainly take notes from. 

5 hours ago, RedRams said:

True but it doesn't make any difference. The rules are the rules. Refs make mistakes. 

And as I said earlier in this thread - I hope this officiating crew never does another playoff game again.  This was one of the poorer officiated games I've seen in a while.  Only those crews with the best regular season grades should be working in the post season.

The ref for the Super Bowl will be John Parry.   He did the game between the Rams and Dallas and made that strange call when he blew the play dead when Prescott got wrapped up by his own teammate. He has done the Superbowl in 2012 which the Patriots lost.   He also did that infamous game between Cinci and Pittsburgh a few years ago.

Good selection or not ??

1 hour ago, The LBC said:

on the INT Brees was hit up high. The defender had both hands on his helmet/facemask. Should've been a personal foul/auto first down. At least that's what I'm assuming he's referring to.

1 minute ago, Destructo Spin said:

on the INT Brees was hit up high. The defender had both hands on his helmet/facemask. Should've been a personal foul/auto first down. At least that's what I'm assuming he's referring to.

Correct that's what I was referring to.  Seemed to be pretty clear that Fowler hit Brees high on that play.

9 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

In the process of attacking Brees' throwing arm he made incidental contact with the head that basically couldn't be seen from the angles the refs have, yeah, y'all are reaching on that one.

Same here. ;)

61210f5e-fe4f-11de-b6cd-001cc4c002e0.ima

7ac891aa-fe79-11de-ad5d-001cc4c002e0.ima

de82d224-fe50-11de-b9a0-001cc4c03286.ima

Sorry Packer fans. 😂

5 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

Come on bro, you're better than that 

That is every bit the penalty that the facemask on Goff was. Both are soft as they were fairly minimal in malicious nature and impact on the overall outcome of the play, but according to the rules could be called penalties. Neither was as malicious or had the impact of the missed Pass Interference/Helmet to Helmet as Tommy Lee Lewis had a good chance at catching the ball for a first down/touchdown if the Rams defender doesn't interfere there.

25 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

Come on bro, you're better than that 

The picture tells the story. Not sure how you can dispute that it happened.

We could go around all day and all night whining about who had more calls go against them but it seems pretty stupid and pointless to do so.

Rams fans would be better off devoting their energy to what's ahead instead of trying to play the victim over a game they won.

Just now, Destructo Spin said:

We could go around all day and all night whining about who had more calls go against them but it seems pretty stupid and pointless to do so.

I agree. I think we all can agree on that no call being a bad call and (potentially) the Goff facemask. Everything else is up for dispute

2 minutes ago, Destructo Spin said:

The picture tells the story. Not sure how you can dispute that it happened.

Rams fans would be better off devoting their energy to what's ahead instead of trying to play the victim over a game they won.

Pictures don't tell the story, though. For it to be a penalty, you need a forcible blow. The picture doesn't tell us if it was incidental contact after he hit Brees' shoulder or a forcible blow. That's why a video is needed. I posted a video of the play showing three different angles, but none show a blow to the head. I'd need video of the angle shown in the picture. Regardless, there were plenty of bad calls and non-calls. It happens. Saints could have overcome it. They didn't. I understand the anger, but I'm not going to apologize for anything. I'm happy that we're going to the Super Bowl.

Archived