Should the Chiefs have thrown a pass with 11 seconds left?

patriotsheatyan

If you do it with 16 and get sacked it's probably over, same with 11. So yeah if you try it at 16 seconds may as well try it again with 11, just don't take a sack or complete it short of the endzone. I think the defense they saw made it unlikely to score and that is part of the reason they just kicked.

Only if Gronk came on the field. 

Honestly though, another situation where I'm okay with either decision. I don't feel like it's a high percentage play, and I think the odds of something really bad happening is probably pretty comparable so I get that the risk may not be worth it

Just now, Malfatron said:

good chance it would have been picked

Not to mention any offensive penalty results in a ten second run off, right? If it happens during the play, you're screwed and it's game over. Or is that just on a false start?

The defense the Patriots were in the only pass thats was gonna get completed was a pass across rhe middle. So now you have to asked, did the Chiefs have a Timeout to call once the ball is caught in bounds? I don't know if they did or didn't, but I know Belichick definitely made sure what happened to his defense with Gronk in a previous game didn't happen this game. 

7 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I think that is just with a running clock.

Ahh, you are correct. So the result of the play would have had to be a non scoring touchdown, basically, which never would have happened in that scenario. 

Still, a 10 yard holding penalty or OPI could have crushed that field goal attempt. Maybe still not worth the risk. 

Archived