Super Bowl LIII: Rams vs. Patriots - Poll Added!

DigInBoys

Super Bowl LIII  

219 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• Rams
    • Patriots

5 hours ago, DistantRam said:

On a silver platter? So the Saints didn’t have a chance to win the game, or prevent us from winning it, in overtime? Okey dokey. 

Anyway, you’ll be celebrating in two weeks’ time. There’s no way the league doesn’t find a way for golden boy to win this one. 

Are you seriously crying about the refs two weeks before the game even starts? smh pathetic 

I've never rooted for the Patriots...not even when a divisional rival (with an obnoxious fanbase) was seeking to win their first Lombardi last year. 

But for this particular Super Bowl, I'll be rooting for the Patriots (yuck).  It's not just the horrific non-call, but their fans on this forum are proving to be just as annoying NOW as the Eagles fans were after they won their SB.  Imagine how much worse they'll be if they win.  No, Sir.  At least with the over-privileged Patriot fans, they'll cheer for a day or two and then everything will go back to normal.

Just now, Nex_Gen said:

Ah yes. The good ole' mom rhetoric. That keeps your credibility afloat...

It was a joke, man.  It was a passive acknowledgment of your point with a tongue-in-cheek ad hominem, with the expectation that you would see that it was an obviously weak retort due to my inability to refute your point.  You need to lighten up. 

14 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Did you seriously just say that the Patriot's success is 60 percent Brady? 

First Super Bowl - 1 whole touchdown, 190 passing yards (including 115 passing yards in the Championship game).  Defense held teams to 13 points, 17 points, 17 points.

Second Super Bowl - 5 total touchdowns, 2 interceptions in three games.  14 points, 14 points, 29 points allowed. 

Third Super Bowl, Patriots held the Colts to 3 points.  Brady threw for 195 yards per game. 

Brady won a game throwing three interceptions against the Chargers.  How many quarterbacks win a playoff game with 3 interceptions? 

Brady won a playoff game against the Ravens throwing 0 touchdowns and 2 interceptions throwing for 4.14 yards per attempt. 

NFL average points per game is 23.  Brady's defense has held opponents to 21 points per game in the playoffs. 

If anybody honestly believes that the Patriots success is 60% on Brady, that proves everything I've been saying. 

Out of all the great quarterbacks, Brady's 21 points against is the lowest by a VERY LARGE MARGIN (Except for Peyton Manning, who was also overrated with his team allowing only 21.4 points per game in his postseason history).

So yeah, Brady is better than Peyton Manning, and a lot of other quarterbacks.  He's a better QB than Rodgers.  He's PROBABLY better QB than Brees.  He probably actually is the best QB of all time, but that does NOT mean it's all on him.  He's 40% of that success AT MOST, and 40% of the playoff games he's won, he doesn't win if his defense doesn't keep the opponent under that NFL average. 

In fact, if Brady's defense allowed 24 points in any playoff game, his 29-10 postseason record turns to:

17-13 with only two Super Bowl wins. 

To clarify for people who are confused, if his defense allowed 24 points and his performance stayed the same, Brady is 0-3 in his first three postseasons.  He scored 16, 17 and 20 points in the first game of his first three Super Bowl years.  NOT great.  If his defense didn't bail him out, he doesn't even get to those first three Super Bowls. 

So I don't know how you can say that he's accountable for 60% of the success when he doesn't even get to 50% of his Super Bowl wins without that defense, without Belichick. 

It's preposterous the praise he gets.   It is NOT the New England Brady's.  He's one out of 53 damn players coached by the greatest coach the league, the sport has ever seen. 

He probably actually is the best QB of all time, but that does NOT mean it's all on him. 

That's exactly what I said. 

It isn't all on him and it isn't all on Bill. They are near equals for the Pats success with the slight edge going to Brady. 

Just now, ILoveTheVikings said:

That's exactly what I said. 

It isn't all on him and it isn't all on Brady. They are near equals for the Pats success with the slight edge going to Brady. 

No, I just proved that the edge goes to Belichick and the defense. 

If the Patriots give up 21 points in any of those first postseasons that led to Super Bowl wins, Brady is nothing.  That's literally over half of their Super Bowl wins that goes to the defense getting them there. 

Anybody saying Brady is even 50% of this Patriots dynasty is QB-obsessed.  Brady was no more than a Foles/Flacco in his first postseason.  He was a nobody, and his job was to not eff up.  He needed 115 passing yards to win a Championship game.  He was a non-issue in his first two ever playoff games and half the quarterbacks in the league at the time could have won that first Super Bowl.  Half the quarterbacks in the league could have GOTTEN to his first three Super Bowls.  Won them?  Eh, maybe not the second two, but half the quarterbacks in the league at the time could have gotten to those first three Super Bowls of his with the defense Belichick coached. 

7 minutes ago, ///mcompact said:

I've never rooted for the Patriots...not even when a divisional rival (with an obnoxious fanbase) was seeking to win their first Lombardi last year. 

But for this particular Super Bowl, I'll be rooting for the Patriots (yuck).  It's not just the horrific non-call, but their fans on this forum are proving to be just as annoying NOW as the Eagles fans were after they won their SB.  Imagine how much worse they'll be if they win.  No, Sir.  At least with the over-privileged Patriot fans, they'll cheer for a day or two and then everything will go back to normal.

what the hell are you talking about? Who?

Look at how Dallas acted after winning nothing. We've been chill.. What is going on that imaginary head of yours?

What have we done to you friend lol. What??

2 minutes ago, El ramster said:

what the hell are you talking about? Who?

Look at how Dallas acted after winning nothing. We've been chill.. What is going on that imaginary head of yours?

What have we done to you friend lol. What??

Right on cue..

And please...there are like a total of 3 Dallas fans that even post in General.

Just now, ///mcompact said:

Right on cue..

And please...there are like a total of 3 Dallas fans that even post in General.

LoL. This is so wrong.. So so wrong. But ok guy.. 

Keep acting like every fan base should act like bots and lord forbid we show any 

emotion. 

Archived