Super Bowl LIII: Rams vs. Patriots - Poll Added!

DigInBoys

Super Bowl LIII  

219 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• Rams
    • Patriots

On 2/11/2019 at 8:12 PM, ParTime13 said:

Just throwing out a crazy stat.   In every decade 70's 80's 90's 2000's and 10's a team has won the superbowl 3 times. 

That’s how I knew the Patriots were going to win this game. They were the last shot left for this decade 

35 minutes ago, lancerman said:

That’s how I knew the Patriots were going to win this game. They were the last shot left for this decade 

I'm perfectly fine with this trend continuing,  just as long it didn't involved last years SB. 👍

Carry on.

Brian Hoyer, Pats backup, said he figured the Rams plays might all be similar to Kyle Shanahans offense since McVay was the TE Coach under Shanahan in Washington, and then he watched tape and it looked like the same exact playbook he learned under Shanahan in SF. Fed the plays to Bill and that was that. 

Nothing the Pats did being illegal, McVay is an idiot for not realizing this. 

5 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Brian Hoyer, Pats backup, said he figured the Rams plays might all be similar to Kyle Shanahans offense since McVay was the TE Coach under Shanahan in Washington, and then he watched tape and it looked like the same exact playbook he learned under Shanahan in SF. Fed the plays to Bill and that was that. 

Nothing the Pats did being illegal, McVay is an idiot for not realizing this. 

I posted this in the 'general thoughts' thread. 

McVay didnt add any new wrinkles to the offense and made no adjustments during the game that helped get anything going. He expected to just run his plays and for them to work. Not sure why he didnt think to gameplan at all, or if he was just so confused by how different the pats defensive gameplan was week to week that he simply didnt know what to do. 

It really speaks volumes about how much Sean took from Kyle considering Hoyer never played for McVay, yet knew the entire playbook. If there was any doubt that Sean belongs in Kyle's coaching tree, this should eliminate it. 

Sean has had the benefit of a top 3 OL, a top 3 RB, and the same QB every game. Kyle inherited a far inferior team and has unbelievably bad luck with injuries, so its hard to compare what both guys have done so far on equal footing. 

49ers Rams are going to be fun games next year. 

the only thing better than watching LA lose the championship ... is seing them do it three times in 16 months!! LOL

2 hours ago, CKS97 said:

No fanbase deserved a SB parade more than Eagles fans last year.

No fanbase deserved a SB parade less than Patriots fans this month.

one fanbase has waited a lifetime, the other basically thinks parades are a way of life.

You forget that things were pretty lean here for a while. Over 15 years without a title from 1986 (Celtics) to 2001 (Patriots). In the ‘90s, Boston sports talk yakkers were calling Boston “Loserville.”

Yes, the Celtics were great in the ‘60s and ‘80s, but aside from that, all Boston had to show for itself between 1918 and 2001 was five Bruins Stanley Cup championships (1929; ‘39; ‘41; ‘70; and ‘72). Ancient history.

Just trying to catch up to other cities that have had more success. The Celtics have the most NBA titles ever, but almost half came in one decade 50 years ago, and Boston’s trophy case is basketball-heavy. We were sorely lacking in football and baseball and are just trying to catch up. Could use more hockey, too, but Bruins ownership is THE. WORST.

I’m 44 years old and remember the bad old days. There are fans my age and older that deserve every last bit of this. 

2 hours ago, CKS97 said:

While I agree 😎 , Might put Browns Nation right up there as well. Maybe even more. 

3 hours ago, CKS97 said:

one fanbase has waited a lifetime, the other basically thinks parades are a way of life.

still obsessed.

4 hours ago, CKS97 said:

No fanbase deserves anything. Get out of here with that. Yeah a bunch of fans who put in all the effort of..... idk watching games a few hours each sunday for 4 months don't deserve anything. Yeah the players who spend all year getting their bodies in prime physical condition, sacraficing time with their family, working out when they don't want to, studying when they don't want to, practicing when they don't want, taking the punishment and enduring pain. Yeah they deserve it. 

See at least I realize that despite how much I want the Patriots to win and I get enjoyment out of it, I personally have no stakes in it. The same thing that happened in my life the day after a win is still happening after a loss and I let it effect me as much as I want. No fanbase did enough to merit any level of deserving. You watched a team take your mind off your problems for a few hours. You did nothing. 

This is why you are a joke on here. You worry more about what you think fanbases deserve than just taking the game for what it is. It's why you come off like the biggest pandering clown on this site complaining about one specific team all the time even though it has next to no effect on your life because you think a football game at the end of the day has any real life merit beyond the people that are actually involved in the organizations and maybe their famililies and friends. You cry about the Patriots more than you talk about your own team. And guess what, if someday the Bills win a title, none of your incessant whining about the Patriots would have contributed one iota to it. You wouldn't deserve it. You would be no different than any other fan of any other team that just gets to enjoy the byproduct of others who actually put the effort in. You'd deserve it no more or less than any other fan.

Archived