Super Bowl LIII: Rams vs. Patriots - Poll Added!

DigInBoys

Super Bowl LIII  

219 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• Rams
    • Patriots

2 hours ago, wwhickok said:

If NE does lose, it would be ironic, the first SB Brady ever won was against the Rams, it would be 'coming full circle' to lose to that 'same team' in what could be his last SB.

Or as I mentioned before He Wins his 6th, comes full circle and Pulls a Elway into the Sunset.

Not what anyone Especially Steeler Fans clinging onto that We Got 6 mantle but plausible. At least Brady would be gone, just saying.

2 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Actually, not every game has been entertaining.  But this seasons Championship games, including NE/KC was extremely entertaining.  As for watching or not watching, "you think" we'll be watching.  I can't speak for anyone else but I don't care about either of these teams, so I don't care about the outcome, I'd prefer LA to win, but I really don't care.  I will not be watching this game, I've got 2 kids at home I am sure we can find something better to do.

If NE does lose, it would be ironic, the first SB Brady ever won was against the Rams, it would be 'coming full circle' to lose to that 'same team' in what could be his last SB.

Have fun playing board games or whatever

2 hours ago, dtait93 said:

You really think Goff is more threatening than Brady in a Super Bowl? I think those homer shades are squeezing your head a little too tightly.

No I specifically said the opposite only that because he can throw the ball down field better then Brady he probably is a little more dangerous in that regard.

also, fwiw, he did outplay Brees in the NFC Championship game in the superdome, so it has to be considered that he might have the ability to outplay Brady too.

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

That's accurate. Denver's D was definitely better. The big thing is that our defense has stepped up in a major way in the playoffs to this point. Our run defense was pure trash in the regular season, but it dominated two of the top 10 rushing offenses in the NFL to this point. Our pass defense still looks bad when Talib is out, but it's actually been good when he's healthy. It's not shutdown like Denver's was, but it forces a lot of turnovers and does a solid enough job of limiting the opposition. I won't debate over whether Talib is as good as he was in 2015, but he's still one of the NFL's best when healthy. Peters hasn't given up many big plays since Wade stopped having him spend most of his time in press man coverage. And NRC is a stud slot CB. He's one of the best there. The big question with our defense will be the pass rush. Suh has been playing a man possessed since the playoffs started. Donald is still Donald (although, he's been playing a little less aggressively to better defend the run). And our other guys are nothing special.

As for the gameplan, I don't think Wade will stick to man coverage. Last time, his defense gave Brady problems by varying the looks and going against his tendencies. Here's an article that explains well how the Broncos got one over on Brady:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2016/01/28/blanket-coverage-wade-phillips-super-bowl-50

They definitely confused Brady during that game, but the Pats' OL was atrocious (and the Broncos' edge rushers were incredible). As that article mentions, the tackles alone yielded 13.5 pressures. He was pressured 21 times overall, out of 60 dropbacks. A pressure rate of 35% is insane. Some of that was definitely the confusion that led Brady to hold onto it longer, but more often than not the OL was just getting steamrolled from the snap. This year's OL has played nearly all their snaps together. It was a rotating cast of characters in 2015.

3 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

Say what you want about the Patriots always being here but every game has been very entertaining. Also to the people not watching we know you’ll be watching lol.

Yeah all this talk about people not watching the Superbowl is crazy.

The two teams I hate with a passion are the Seahawks and Patriots. I watched them play the Superbowl AGAINST EACH OTHER. I even said after the game its like watching your sisters french kissing each other. Thats how bad it was. The only happiness that I came away with was how Carroll screwed things up with the Seahawks by not handing Lynch the ball and after that the Seahawks fell apart in terms of Lynch and the players on defense. Had Carroll just gave Lynch the ball, regardless if he had scored or not, I dont think we talk about the locker room falling apart the next season or the season after that.

22 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Like every QB, they hate pressure up the middle regardless of how fast he or they get rid of the ball.

Brady Especially. Without it, hes going to pick them/ most teams apart.

KC was getting a good on the ball but brady just kept getting rid of it before they were close enough.  Eventually the defense got tired?  

Is there any other reason I should think LA will win?

13 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

They definitely confused Brady during that game, but the Pats' OL was atrocious (and the Broncos' edge rushers were incredible). As that article mentions, the tackles alone yielded 13.5 pressures. He was pressured 21 times overall, out of 60 dropbacks. A pressure rate of 35% is insane. Some of that was definitely the confusion that led Brady to hold onto it longer, but more often than not the OL was just getting steamrolled from the snap. This year's OL has played nearly all their snaps together. It was a rotating cast of characters in 2015.

Not confusion as much the Pats OL was made up with backups to back ups. Pats were pulling players off the streets it was so bad.

35 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Not confusion as much the Pats OL was made up with backups to back ups. Pats were pulling players off the streets it was so bad.

Denver said afterwards that the center, Bryan Stork, was tipping the snap-count. I forget how, but he had a tell.

2 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

Denver said afterwards that the center, Bryan Stork, was tipping the snap-count. I forget how, but he had a tell.

Yeah he would lift his head just before snapping the ball.

http://insidethepylon.com/film-study/film-study-nfl/offense-film-study-nfl/2016/02/01/bryan-storks-head-bob-costs-patriots/

45 minutes ago, DR43 said:

KC was getting a good on the ball but brady just kept getting rid of it before they were close enough.  Eventually the defense got tired?  

Is there any other reason I should think LA will win?

Last time I checked the Patriots have lost 3 times in the Superbowl. Twice to Eli and once to Foles. Btw they were 18-0 the one year that lost to Eli. If there was any year the Patriots would be a lock to win it was that year and they didnt. 

Now if we are talking as if the Patriots were MJ and the Bulls who never lost in the championship then you have a point. The Patriots have lost and it wasnt to sure fire HOF'ers that are top 5 or 10 QBs of all time. I know people can spin it all they want to but the Patriots certainly can be beaten in Superbowl. Nobody is willing to bet against them sure but I'll continue to take the underdog card. Not many people thought the Rams would do anything ever since they lost back to back games to the Bears and Eagles yet the Rams are in the Superbowl. 

43 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Last time I checked the Patriots have lost 3 times in the Superbowl. Twice to Eli and once to Foles. Btw they were 18-0 the one year that lost to Eli. If there was any year the Patriots would be a lock to win it was that year and they didnt. 

Now if we are talking as if the Patriots were MJ and the Bulls who never lost in the championship then you have a point. The Patriots have lost and it wasnt to sure fire HOF'ers that are top 5 or 10 QBs of all time. I know people can spin it all they want to but the Patriots certainly can be beaten in Superbowl. Nobody is willing to bet against them sure but I'll continue to take the underdog card. Nobody thought the Rams would do anything ever since they lost back to back games to the Bears and Eagles yet the Rams are in the Superbowl. 

please, the pats have no talent. they are clearly the underdogs to a superior rams team once again.

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Or as I mentioned before He Wins his 6th, comes full circle and Pulls a Elway into the Sunset.

Not what anyone Especially Steeler Fans clinging onto that We Got 6 mantle but plausible. At least Brady would be gone, just saying.

Hey if he wins, congrats to him. I really dont get hung up on the whole 6 SBs thing as a Steeler fan.

Archived