Super Bowl LIII: Rams vs. Patriots - Poll Added!

DigInBoys

Super Bowl LIII  

219 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• Rams
    • Patriots

1 minute ago, I_GET_SAX said:

Manning was 2-3 vs Brady while playing for the Broncos. He won that ring on the back on an amazing defense and his duck passes. You were saying tho?

I was saying Brady was 0-2 against the Broncos in the playoffs while Manning was in charge. Did I say Manning outplayed him? No. Pack in the snark, I don't need it.

3 minutes ago, I_GET_SAX said:

You said Manning had Brady's number while playing in Denver. The numbers prove otherwise. Pack the facts next time, I NEED them.

Christ sake. You are taking my words and twisting them into this juvenile agenda. I wasn't expecting to have to break this down but here it goes:

Read my first comment again. My point was that since the Manning era Broncos ended, the AFC couldn't keep Brady from winning the conference. That is a fact. That was my point. I wasn't talking regular season which I thought was obvious because we're in the damn Super Bowl thread. 

When you come roaring in with snark, post marking your posts with lols, it's disrespectful and does nothing to facilitate conversation. 

40 minutes ago, I_GET_SAX said:

You said Manning had Brady's number while playing in Denver. The numbers prove otherwise. Pack the facts next time, I NEED them.

That's not exactly what he said. You're choosing to misrepresent his words. His point was since the Broncos fell off the map following Manning's retirement, nobody in the AFC has been able to stop NE.

1 hour ago, I_GET_SAX said:

Yeah because before Manning retired he really had Brady's number lol

People can meme Peyton for choking in the playoffs all they want, but truthfully his team was able to stop Brady/BB better than any other team has been able to. It's just Brady/BB dominate and beat Peyton more than he did them, but he still did better than others.

1 hour ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

Christ sake. You are taking my words and twisting them into this juvenile agenda. I wasn't expecting to have to break this down but here it goes:

Read my first comment again. My point was that since the Manning era Broncos ended, the AFC couldn't keep Brady from winning the conference. That is a fact. That was my point. I wasn't talking regular season which I thought was obvious because we're in the damn Super Bowl thread. 

When you come roaring in with snark, post marking your posts with lols, it's disrespectful and does nothing to facilitate conversation. 

Come roaring in? I made one comment in which I questioned that Manning ever had Brady's number no matter the jersey color. Not every comment or conversation is going to be a gentleman's handshake bud. I found it funny that someone thinks a QB with less than half the win total as his counterpart can be said to have the other's number. Someone is making way more out of this disagreement than the other. Calling me juvenile because I tossed the ole 2-3 record your way and refuted your point almost immediately seems an odd way to facilitate conversation.

2 minutes ago, I_GET_SAX said:

Come roaring in? I made one comment in which I questioned that Manning ever had Brady's number no matter the jersey color. Not every comment or conversation is going to be a gentleman's handshake bud. I found it funny that someone thinks a QB with less than half the win total as his counterpart can be said to have the other's number. Someone is making way more out of this disagreement than the other. Calling me juvenile because I tossed the ole 2-3 record your way and refuted your point almost immediately seems an odd way to facilitate conversation.

Brady was 0-3 in the playoffs against Manning since the 2006 season. So yeah, Manning certainly seemed to have Brady's number in the playoffs during the second half of his career.

58 minutes ago, I_GET_SAX said:

You refuted nothing. I just told you what my point was in this very quote tree. Which is 0-2. Multiple people have seen this. 

No, not everything will be a handshake. But twisting a stranger's words and insisting on dying on a hill after being called out is something different. When did I call you juvenile? I didn't. I said this argument is juvenile. This agenda. 

I have nothing against you personally. But you are wrong here and it is not just me saying so.

21 hours ago, jrry32 said:

It's weird how people like Benoit like to play ignorant when it comes to the Rams. He notes that the Patriots' pass rush has come alive in the playoffs. Yet, he falls back on the Rams' regular season stats for run defense. Despite facing the Cowboys and the Saints, two of the NFL's top 10 rushing attacks, the Rams are giving up 49 rushing yards per game and 2.3 yards per carry in the playoffs. Seems like something worth noting.

Also, he focuses a lot on the outside-zone, but we aren't a pure outside-zone team. Kromer is well known for his inside-zone scheme, and our rushing attack is quite potent when using that scheme.

EDIT: And I should mention that the inside-zone game that he conveniently forgets is a great way to counter the Patriots using an EDGE to jam a WR. That's why other teams haven't done that.

Well that's why I'm glad to have someone like you on the board to provide further insight.

What else do you think that McVay and Co need to do to beat the Patriots Jrry?

7 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Well that's why I'm glad to have someone like you on the board to provide further insight.

What else do you think that McVay and Co need to do to beat the Patriots Jrry?

I think I'd end up just speaking in generalities. I'm not familiar enough with NE's defensive scheme this year to say much. Speaking in generalities, don't turn the ball over, establish the run, and consistency from Goff would be the most important things on offense. On defense, stop the run, smother the short to intermediate routes, and get interior pressure in Brady's face. Knowing our defensive issues, I imagine we'll show a variety of looks, but you'll see a lot of matchup-zone coverage.

A random thought, but I think Edelman will make a great head coach one day. 

I think his understanding of the game, especially with him playing both wr and qb, and his leadership which includes a contagious personality is what will make him the second coming of Sean McVay 

Archived