Super Bowl LIII: Rams vs. Patriots - Poll Added!

DigInBoys

Super Bowl LIII  

219 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• Rams
    • Patriots

1 minute ago, dtait93 said:

Nah if the Rams win it’s gonna take Goff being great and he’ll win MVP, not Gurley

You could be right but I think McVay is going to continue to run the ball and Gurley is going to have another 2 weeks to rest up. He is going to go hard after having a bad game today. Not to mention there is another Georgia Bulldog on the other side name Michel. You dont think those guys personally want to outshine each other? In friendly competition that is. So I think Gurley is going to have a big day in town in Georgia. 

3 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

I feel a lot better about this game than the Chiefs game though. Mahomes is a monster, Goff is shaky on the other hand. That being that it's a toss-up like every Patriots SB. Gurley should eat and well Donald is going to make some big plays. So both teams can very well make good cases why they should win this. In the end nobody knows anything and this comes down to who has the better day and makes plays. 

I've underestimated the Patriots twice, so I won't make that mistake again.

But I will say that they won't be playing against the Chiefs defense here in two weeks.

After seeing what the Pats defense was able to do against the Chiefs, I got the Pats here.

Also Payton and Belichick are boys, and not that Belichick needs any help devising a game plan, but you can bet your sweet butt Payton and him will have a conversation or two about how best to attack the Rams defense.

Nothing against the Rams though, they are a worthy team who could very well win a game and be a deserving champion, I'm just rolling with the old guard.

Just now, FrantikRam said:

I've underestimated the Patriots twice, so I won't make that mistake again.

But I will say that they won't be playing against the Chiefs defense here in two weeks.

nope. I'm not gonna make any illusions about this. It's going to come down to the last second, who has the ball last. Going to be exciting.

1 minute ago, stl4life07 said:

You could be right but I think McVay is going to continue to run the ball and Gurley is going to have another 2 weeks to rest up. He is going to go hard after having a bad game today. Not to mention there is another Georgia Bulldog on the other side name Michel. You dont think those guys personally want to outshine each other? In friendly competition that is. So I think Gurley is going to have a big day in town in Georgia. 

He will absolutely continue to run the ball, but in order for them to win it’s going to take Goff being great and that will outshine whatever Gurley does.

And no I don’t think they care about that at all with a Super Bowl on the line lol. I would be surprised if that even went through their heads

This one looks familiar. Even their records are almost the same; New England went 11-5 in 2001 while the Rams were 14-2.

Super Bowl XXXVI wasn't even the first game I rooted for the Patriots in. (That would be Super Bowl XXXI when they played the Packers and that awful Brett Favre. ^_^) But it is one of the most memorable. I despised the Rams at that time just for winning in XXXIV, because I wanted the Titans to get that one so badly, and I waited two years for somebody to step up and defeat St. Louis on the biggest stage. The Patriots did it. It's still one of my favorite non-Viking football games and probably always will be.

I don't hate the Rams anymore, but nor are they a team I really root for unless they're playing the Saints or the Bears or something. Meanwhile, the Patriots have spent the last 18 years lighting up the playoffs and demanding my respect. Their dynasty has come full circle, but as for the Rams ending it ... we'll just have to see about that.

Archived