Super Bowl LIII: Rams vs. Patriots - Poll Added!

DigInBoys

Super Bowl LIII  

219 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• Rams
    • Patriots

6 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I just absolutely hate the non-call and then the fact he was showboating after like he made a great play.

Dude, these days in the NFL, a quarterback overthrows a pass to the end zone by a country mile, practically throws it into the stands, and you can bet your bottom dollar that there's going to be a DB celebrating and doing the "no-go" arm swipe like they actually did something to cause that overthrow.

10 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'm not bitter, I just absolutely hate the non-call and then the fact he was showboating after like he made a great play. Shouldn't have even gone to OT is my point. Should have been well over by then with NO victorious. 

Are you ignoring the facemask that wasnt called on the Saints on the Rams drive prior to the Saints drive?

See that is what gets me. Scott Van Pelt pointed it out and I saw some stuff on twitter but nobody in general is talking it. Had the facemask been called properly, maybe the Rams score a td instead of kicking the field goal. Then they wouldve been up by 4pts and the Saints wouldve had to score a td to go up instead of trying to play for a FG to win the game on their drive. 

So in essence both teams got screwed but its always the last team to get screwed that people give the most sympathy too. Thats whats wrong with society. Not to mention leading up to the game all everyone talked about was how tough it was going into the dome and win. It looked like it early on. The Rams was lost in the 1st quarter. The Saints had 3 possessions in the redzone to go up 21-0 and we wouldnt even be talking about a ref call because the game wouldve been out of reach. The Saints didnt take advantage of the opportunities they were given and now the Rams victory is tainted because a bad call that happened AFTER the Rams had a bad call on them the drive before when they had a chance to score a td.

The Rams won this game because they didnt fold under pressure like so many teams do early in the game and find themselves down big and cant come back in the Superdome. They had to overcome some bad calls too and they did. The Saints didnt overcome their bad call. Tough break but thats how sports is sometimes. 

Just now, Teen Girl Squad said:

To be fair, 1). It is a HoF sports trolling tweet. It should be enshrined in Canton and 2) Obviously it shows that he knows they benefited from the whistle.  Even Saints fans thought it was funny (on Reddit at least).

I have no problem. It’s definitely a great heel move. But I know it would piss me the hell off if I was a Saints fan. 

2 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Btw Gurley is going to be Superbowl MVP. He is going to be motivated to show everyone nothing is wrong with him. Then dont get me started with Cooks who Im sure is going to prove to the Pats that you couldve used me instead of going the cheap route and not paying him and shipping him off. 

Should the Pat's even show up at this point? 

19 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Are you ignoring the facemask that wasnt called on the Saints on the Rams drive prior to the Saints drive?

See that is what gets me. Scott Van Pelt pointed it out and I saw some stuff on twitter but nobody in general is talking it. Had the facemask been called properly, maybe the Rams score a td instead of kicking the field goal. Then they wouldve been up by 4pts and the Saints wouldve had to score a td to go up instead of trying to play for a FG to win the game on their drive. 

So in essence both teams got screwed but its always the last team to get screwed that people give the most sympathy too. Thats whats wrong with society. Not to mention leading up to the game all everyone talked about was how tough it was going into the dome and win. It looked like it early on. The Rams was lost in the 1st quarter. The Saints had 3 possessions in the redzone to go up 21-0 and we wouldnt even be talking about a ref call because the game wouldve been out of reach. The Saints didnt take advantage of the opportunities they were given and now the Rams victory is tainted because a bad call that happened AFTER the Rams had a bad call on them the drive before when they had a chance to score a td.

The Rams won this game because they didnt fold under pressure like so many teams do early in the game and find themselves down big and cant come back in the Superdome. They had to overcome some bad calls too and they did. The Saints didnt overcome their bad call. Tough break but thats how sports is sometimes. 

Book 3? My mans is going in. 

22 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

The Rams won this game because they didnt fold under pressure like so many teams do early in the game and find themselves down big and cant come back in the Superdome.

That's what I love about this team. They're mentally tough. They always battle back.

Based on talent, especially against the last 3 other teams, the Patriots shouldn't have made it to the Super Bowl. I don't think you can bet against them at this point. They are on too much of a roll and seems to have found their coaching/execution right in stride...

Just now, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Pats win. Brady retires. No evidence he wants to retire at all, but maybe winning one more and going out on top and back home to the wife and kids full time will be too good to pass up. 

Not this year. Maybe after next season if he drops off some.

It was a maybe around October but this team and Brady are refreshed now.

Archived