Super Bowl LIII: Rams vs. Patriots - Poll Added!

DigInBoys

Super Bowl LIII  

219 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• Rams
    • Patriots

On 2/18/2019 at 4:47 AM, N4L said:

McVay didnt add any new wrinkles to the offense and made no adjustments during the game that helped get anything going.

The offense was built around Todd Gurley. With an injured TG, you can't expect much "wrinkles" from him, especially with a young QB.

If Brady had played this game in his first 3 years, I doubt he could have handled the new design McDaniel brought up in 4th quarter.

For young QB, you can't ask much when the key piece of his offense is missing. Without Tyreek Hill, Mahomes would have had no chance against Patriots in AFCCG.

2 hours ago, William Lee said:

The offense was built around Todd Gurley. With an injured TG, you can't expect much "wrinkles" from him, especially with a young QB.

I agree with the bolded. There is no doubt that was a huge loss, especially because malcom brown got hurt before gurley did. After that the Rams had no options. CJ Anderson was useless in the passing game and John Kelly wasn't ready I guess

Some would tell you thats why you don't give big contracts to running backs. Personally I think RB is basically the second most important position on the field behind the QB from an offensive perspective, so I hear you. It was a big loss even though he "was healthy"

2 hours ago, William Lee said:

For a young QB, you can't ask much when the key piece of his offense is missing. Without Tyreek Hill, Mahomes would have had no chance against Patriots in AFCCG.

You say 'young qb' like it's an excuse but fail to acknowledge that Sean is a super young head coach. You forget that it was the combination of both head coach and QB that were out schemed and out gunned 

The pats were disguising coverages and moving guys around, and the Rams had no counter plan to it. Neither mcvay nor Goff Iooked like they understood what was happening to them or what to do next. They were unprepared and didn't have a plan B. That falls squarely on the head coaches shoulders. 

It felt like he had the exact same gameplan from the week before like 'its what got us here so we won't change anything'. You simply can't do that in today's NFL for too long before teams figure out how to stop you

Granted, it's bill **** ing bellichek and he has outfoxed some of the best of the best, but not having more tricks up your sleave after being lauded as one of the best offensive minds in the game is what makes this situation so comical to me. 9 straight punts to start the game! NINE

I'm glad that you brought up the chiefs. Do you forget that Andy Reid threw the gameplan out the window at halftime of the afccg and led an offensive explosion WITH a young QB? Do you forget that they ALSO lost their workhorse RB? yet they scored 31 points in the second half (in frigid conditions mind you) 

Mcvay was getting his butt handed to him and had no clue what to do next. That's a big difference and it's why he is taking so much heat (and will continue to do so all off-season, just the nature of the beast) 

He had PLENTY of time to make adjustments too, it's an extra long halftime. You can basically watch the entire first half film in that much time, especially when your team hasn't ran that many plays LOL 

Goff doesn't play well when pressured. He doesn't have great footwork outside of the structure of the play. He needs a clean pocket and has a hard time changing arm angles. The pats made him second guess himself and not trust his eyes and the game sped up on him.

The fact the Rams went away from being lined up before there was 15 seconds left on the playclock was also foolish. 

Archived