Super Bowl LIII: Rams vs. Patriots - Poll Added!

DigInBoys

Super Bowl LIII  

219 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• Rams
    • Patriots

13 minutes ago, ConnPatFan said:

So Vegas is to be trusted cuz they had the Saints and Chiefs as better odds than the Pats?

You have a point. Thats why I said that Im not saying the Pats cant win but I just find it interesting that the Saints, Chiefs, and Rams were all odds on favorites to win the Superbowl over the Pats, as soon as the Superbowl match was set the Rams were for about 17 minutes -1.5pts favorites before the public heavily bets on the Pats then the line changed to Pats -2.5pt favorites.

Ill admit I didnt know the Rams were the initial favorites until after the fact and I heard people talk about it. All I saw was the Pats was -2.5pt favorites and it blew my mind. I thought the only reason they were favorites was because of the stage and of course nobody will even bet against Brady and Belichick. Not saying its wrong Im just saying thats my logic. Just like nobody is ever going to bet against Bama and Saban until Clemson happens twice. Then people are stunned Bama and Saban lost. Sometimes you just have to go with your eyes and Clemson might really was just the better team than Bama both times they beat them. Not saying Bama couldnt win. So thats how I feel about the Patriots in this game. Thats how I felt about them last season although I was rooting for the Eagles but truly didnt think the Eagles would pull it off without Wentz. 

1 hour ago, btfd16 said:

To me, of the three, Cowboys have the best overall RB.

Saints have the most athletic and pass catching combo back in Kamara. And a good enough tough back with Ingram.

Pats have the most balanced attack. Hard runner in Michel, incredible pass catcher in White, Burkhead to pick up the leftovers and Develin to pound it in.

This is a detailed non-answer. ;)

By the numbers, it's New Orleans (by a very slight margin), New England, and then Dallas.

2 hours ago, El ramster said:

I don’t think so tbh 

DAL and NO have the better individual RBs of course, but the NE rushing attack as a whole is solid and right there with them. More total yards (FWIW) and similar yards/carry

One thing I havent really looked at is NE's rushing direction success vs. LAR's defensive rushing direction success. NE's tendency is more inside rushing, and that would mean going right at Donald and Suh, which worries me. 

2 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

The Rams are confident because they believe they are the better team. I find it interesting too that the initial line was Rams -1.5 but that quickly changed when the public was betting heavily on the Patriots because "You cant bet against Brady and Belichick". In turn that line went to the Pats being favored by -2.5. Vegas knows what they are doing and I have a feeling they are going to be very rich by the end of Sunday when everyone who bet the Patriots to win and even cover -2.5 will lose. Now this is not saying the Patriots cant win because obviously they made it this far so they must be doing something right but   again there is a reason the line opened right away Rams -1.5. Vegas knows the Rams are the better team too thats why before the playoffs started the Saints, Chiefs, and Rams had the best odds of winning the Superbowl. The Pats were 4th. 

Yeah things change when a team has its two most impressive wins of the season back to back in the divisional and Confefence championship game. They completely destroyed a chargers team that finished 12-4 and was top 10 on both sides of the ball.

5 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Yeah things change when a team has its two most impressive wins of the season back to back in the divisional and Confefence championship game. They completely destroyed a chargers team that finished 12-4 and was top 10 on both sides of the ball.

The rams made loved to the hottest team in the post season. 8-1 in their last 9. With a new weapon at WR and their QB playing his best football ever. They even stopped the best rushing attack in the NFL(Seattle). 

And no one does to NO in the playoffs and comes out victorious in the Pay/Brees era. 

6-0 at the time. Forget the Linc no one cares playing in that crappy stadium. The dome was roaring loud and effects playcalling like no other place. 

33 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

This is a detailed non-answer. ;)

By the numbers, it's New Orleans (by a very slight margin), New England, and then Dallas.

Yeah my bad didn't include a final thought hahaha I think Pats have the most weapons to be able to hurt someone in any down and distance situation. 

15 minutes ago, El ramster said:

The rams made loved to the hottest team in the post season. 8-1 in their last 9. With a new weapon at WR and their QB playing his best football ever. They even stopped the best rushing attack in the NFL(Seattle). 

And no one does to NO in the playoffs and comes out victorious in the Pay/Brees era. 

6-0 at the time. Forget the Linc no one cares playing in that crappy stadium. The dome was roaring loud and effects playcalling like no other place. 

Wait what?

21 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

You are right about that. The Pats are certainly playing their best football dating back to Week 16. So Ill give them credit for that. 

2 hours ago, btfd16 said:

Yeah my bad didn't include a final thought hahaha I think Pats have the most weapons to be able to hurt someone in any down and distance situation. 

I'd go with the Saints. I fear Kamara more than White in the passing game, and I think Ingram/Kamara are a better duo in the running game than the Patriots' trio.

23 minutes ago, showtime said:

What would happen if Talib ever tried to ****** Aaron Donald's chain?

DnQOjnCVYAAHQ1K.jpg

Have you seen Donald's hand speed? Talib isn't getting anywhere near that chain. xD

I’m kind of surprised by how overwhelming the pro-Patriots betting and voting is.

I think people are dramatically under estimating the difference between the NFC and AFC elite.

And just a few weeks ago the Patriots were done while Brees was a near lock for MVP. It’s amazing how fast narratives change.

25 minutes ago, patriotsheatyan said:

I’m kind of surprised by how overwhelming the pro-Patriots betting and voting is.

I think people are dramatically under estimating the difference between the NFC and AFC elite.

And just a few weeks ago the Patriots were done while Brees was a near lock for MVP. It’s amazing how fast narratives change.

People who have money on the Patriots will be on edge the entire game. As is the case with all their Super Bowls, it's come down to the last possession usually. I would never go in over confident in any Patriots Super Bowl bet just based on how they play their game. They're extremely patient knowing that the least amount of mistakes will give them the best chance to win. I know that's such a simplistic view but I feel like that's usually part of their strategy. Sometimes it hasn't worked out, but they know they've won with that strategy in play even when they were down 28-3. 

I could actually see them going up big early and then the Rams come storming back to make it a game. After that it comes down to who has the ball last who makes the least amount of mistakes.. a la the AFC Championship game. 

Archived