Super Bowl LIII: Rams vs. Patriots - Poll Added!

DigInBoys

Super Bowl LIII  

219 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• Rams
    • Patriots

3 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Also, James White is going to absolutely feast.

It depends on our gameplan. I imagine he'll catch a lot of passes because we'll be more focused on Gronk and Edelman. But if Wade comes out intending to take him out of the game, he won't do much. But odds are that he tears us up in the first half before Wade makes an adjustment after half to take him away (like he did with Kamara).

i have decided.

i am rooting for the Patriots.

1. sad suh. that stomping basterd cant get a ring

2. would piss off the most people.

3. super bowls are won not by buying the most people but by a way of life

4. Now nobody would be able to claim that the hack Joe Montana is the GOAT

go pats!!!

16 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

i have decided.

i am rooting for the Patriots.

1. sad suh. that stomping basterd cant get a ring

2. would piss off the most people.

3. super bowls are won not by buying the most people but by a way of life

4. Now nobody would be able to claim that the hack Joe Montana is the GOAT

go pats!!!

Funny since the Rams have the most "homegrown" players. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/01/17/nfl-conference-championship-games-rams-saints-patriots-chiefs-roster-construction

7 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

fine fine, its just to piss off ramster

you saw through my charade

Rams fans are living on house money. Two years ago we were 4-12 a joke in the NFL with what that vast majority of NFL fans especially here was called a bust of a QB and a 1 year wonder at RB. We'd just hired a nobody who was somewhat well thought of by some fans. And now we're in the Super Bowl. Rammy I have a feeling will survive whatever you or anybody else throws at him :D

Pats have beaten every play off side they've come up against this season, which shows their ability to step it up, but equally they've struggled on the road with a 4-5 record. In comparison, the Rams are 15-3 over the past two seasons away from the Coliseum. Therefore, if we're judging a team on how they perform away from their surroundings, surely we should get the nod. 

Regardless, I've spent a lot of time getting to grips with all the Super Bowl coverage, plus I decided to watch 6-7 Pats games to see what we were actually up against, but it was exactly what I expected. They're such a dynamic team on both sides of the ball which is why it's no surprise, at least to me, that they're at least in the conversation. I think it's a case of doing what we've done well throughout the year, which is controlling the tempo of the game & moving the chains methodically and we'll need the good boys upfront to be at their best. Pats are very creative in how they create pressure, whereas we're a lot aggressive with Fowler, Donald, Suh & Brockers. 

The numbers, if no one has done these yet, are incredibly close:

Offense Passing:
Rams - 368 completed passes from 568 attempts - 4507 yards - 32 TD - 12 INT - 236 first downs
Pats - 378 completed passes from 574 attempts - 4258 yards - 29 TD - 11 INT - 206 first downs

Offense Rushing:
Rams - 2231 yards from 459 attempts - 23 TD - 4.9 yards per average - 134 first downs
Pats - 2037 yards from 478 attempts - 18 TD - 4.3 yards per average - 131 first downs

Defence Passing:
Rams - 347 completed passes from 533 attempts - 3780 yards - 31 TD - 18 INT - 185 first downs
Pats - 370 completed passes from 605 attempts - 3943 yards - 29 TD - 18 INT - 208 first downs

Defence Allowed Rushing:
Rams - 1957 yards from 386 attempts - 12 TD - 5.1 yards per average - 101 first downs
Pats - 1803 yards from 367 attempts - 7 TD - 4.9 yards per average - 91 first downs

It's a close game, definitely. I don't see any outright favourite for this game. I also don't buy that Brady is immune, I mean without Dee Ford losing his head, he threw the ball to the Chiefs and lost the game. He's definitely still a great quarterback, don't get me wrong, but let's just point out a few things: He has a similar/slightly lower pass completion this season than Eli Manning & his QB rating is 97.7 leaving him 12th in the list. As I said, he's still a great quarterback, but he's not superhuman. 

3 minutes ago, showtime said:

Skip Bayless said that this is the worst supporting cast Tom Brady has ever had in a Superbowl.  He's including the defense in equation.  You all agree or disagree?

Defense, o-line, and running backs are all playing better than they were last year.  

6 minutes ago, showtime said:

Skip Bayless said that this is the worst supporting cast Tom Brady has ever had in a Superbowl.  He's including the defense in equation.  You all agree or disagree?

What makes this team any less talented than last year? You swap JE for Cooks. Brady is definitely worse but over one game you know he can perform at the highest level. I think if it is the worst than it is hardly by much.

1 minute ago, LeotheLion said:

What makes this team any less talented than last year? You swap JE for Cooks. Brady is definitely worse but over one game you know he can perform at the highest level. I think if it is the worst than it is hardly by much.

He's probably saying that because there is no Cooks or Amendola and Gronk has suffered a pretty large drop off.

Archived