Super Bowl LIII - Rams vs Patriots

RamRod

27 minutes ago, RamRod said:

Don’t blame the refs. We were awful and didn’t deserve it.

Yep. I'm not complaining about them. We didn't execute. There were plays to be made, but our offense simply crapped the bed. Goff will take the brunt of the blame, but the OL was so bad. And Cooks had two opportunities to make massive, game-changing plays and didn't. I understand that both were difficult plays, but you expect the #1 WR to make at least one of those two catches. This is the Super Bowl. You have to make big boy plays.

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Yep. I'm not complaining about them. We didn't execute. There were plays to be made, but our offense simply crapped the bed. Goff will take the brunt of the blame, but the OL was so bad. And Cooks had two opportunities to make massive, game-changing plays and didn't. I understand that both were difficult plays, but you expect the #1 WR to make at least one of those two catches. This is the Super Bowl. You have to make big boy plays.

Blythe in particular had a terribad game and McVay never corrected for it - so no one could or should blame Belichick for continuing to exploit it with blitzes that made Kyle Van Noy look like prime Mike Vrabel.

It's a shame that the D finally stepped up and the offense couldn't muster.  Peters actually had what was arguably his most productive snap-to-snap game in a Rams jersey.

McVay turtled, honestly like he's done in most of the playoff games in his stead as HC.  You can't play Belichick and the Pats scared and that's exactly what he did tonight.

1 hour ago, RamRod said:

Well who do we want with the 31st pick?

It sounds cliche, but a trade-back unless there's outstanding defensive value left on the board because the slate of teams in the teens and 20's started reaching for need over value.

With the Chiefs picking ahead of us and having virtually identical needs to what our most glaring areas of need are, I don't envision great value at a position of need being very possible.  I'd rather have the flexibility to move around later on in the draft.

3 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Blythe in particular had a terribad game and McVay never corrected for it - so no one could or should blame Belichick for continuing to exploit it with blitzes that made Kyle Van Noy look like prime Mike Vrabel.

It's a shame that the D finally stepped up and the offense couldn't muster.  Peters actually had what was arguably his most productive snap-to-snap game in a Rams jersey.

McVay turtled, honestly like he's done in most of the playoff games in his stead as HC.  You can't play Belichick and the Pats scared and that's exactly what he did tonight.

I was really shocked by McVay. Wade went against his tendencies and got the better of Brady. McVay refused to do the same. I think we could have punished them if we ran out of the shotgun. They were giving it to us all night. McVay just refused to do it. I really felt he'd come out tonight and do something unexpected. Instead, he tried to win strength vs. strength. I understand the desire to do that, but when it's not working, you need a Plan B. I never saw much of a Plan B. This was a Martzian game imo.

I would imagine that Goff will not receive an early extension next season

He really has to prove himself while facing pressure because he has really underwhelmed. 

I don’t care about the OL playing poorly. QBs make the big bucks to overcome deficiencies and Goff couldn’t even carry his own weight today.  

MvVay got absolutely schooled today by the best HC and hopefully he will learn to adjust accordingly 

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I was really shocked by McVay. Wade went against his tendencies and got the better of Brady. McVay refused to do the same. I think we could have punished them if we ran out of the shotgun. They were giving it to us all night. McVay just refused to do it. I really felt he'd come out tonight and do something unexpected. Instead, he tried to win strength vs. strength. I understand the desire to do that, but when it's not working, you need a Plan B. I never saw much of a Plan B. This was a Martzian game imo.

Unfortunately, I'm getting the feeling with McVay that he needs to fail at something once before he actually makes the adjustment.  That might certainly be chalked up to youth/immaturity/inexperience or it could be ego and something he never moves past.  Only time will tell.

6 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Goff has to throw hot or throw at the feet of Cooks. You can't throw a duck there. But Cooks also has to make an effort to stop that from being picked.

I think it would have helped if that wasn't his only his first or second deep shot of the game (I'm talking longer than 20 yard downfield here).  First one might have been the throw to Cooks at the back of the end zone in the 3rd quarter - but that also still makes my point... why were we waiting until the 3rd quarter be taking any kind of worthwhile deep shot?  We allowed them to sit on our medium crossers all game long because they had no reason to fear us trying the long-ball.

The only call that angered me as I said on another forum was the sideline hit on Goff. If that was done to Brady people would have blown up about it being illegal. That and the call on Sullivan was BS they could call those tons but only called it once to kill a drive.

Just now, MightyMouse07 said:

Goff was in bounds on that hit. He hadn’t stepped out and that call was correct. The holding was ticky tacky though.

It was close enough that you know I'm right. Patriot fans if that was Suh hitting him would have lost their cookies. 

Archived