Super Bowl LIII - Rams vs Patriots

RamRod

On 04/02/2019 at 4:46 AM, NVRamsFan said:

The only call that angered me as I said on another forum was the sideline hit on Goff. If that was done to Brady people would have blown up about it being illegal. That and the call on Sullivan was BS they could call those tons but only called it once to kill a drive.

I can only speak for myself, but I would have been angry at Tom for not getting out of bounds quicker. A QB should be expecting to get blown up if he's ambling to the sideline like that, Glad he wasn't injured though, and hope the kid isn't too down - he didn't exactly have much help.

I was surprised by the lack of plays that usually kill us. Might have to rewatch, and correct me if I'm wrong - but were there many sweeps and screens? When I've seen LA play this year it is obviously PA galore, but also tons of jet sweeps, tosses and screens. When I knew we were facing LA I was like "oh....sht" quite literally because of the offensive playbook (from my perspective). I guess you could attribute it to lack of TG?

Also, the O-line. Not sure what happened to LA's OL. The play where Shelton tackles CJ in the backfield for a c.5 yard loss - watch Whitworth. Just kind of sits down. What was going on? TBH, I was surprised our DL had their way with that OL, who I thought was the best OL in the league (bit of an OL nerd...).

Wade destroyed Josh McD, and that isn't getting enough air time. Brady said it was really hard, and it did appear to be the toughest game offensively for us all season. It was only after Josh literally inserted a formation that wasn't in the playbook (22 personnel spread, Hoss Y juke x 3) and one that Wade hadn't seen, where we could get anything going. Wade played an absolute blinder. 

All the best

7 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I can only speak for myself, but I would have been angry at Tom for not getting out of bounds quicker. A QB should be expecting to get blown up if he's ambling to the sideline like that, Glad he wasn't injured though, and hope the kid isn't too down - he didn't exactly have much help.

I was surprised by the lack of plays that usually kill us. Might have to rewatch, and correct me if I'm wrong - but were there many sweeps and screens? When I've seen LA play this year it is obviously PA galore, but also tons of jet sweeps, tosses and screens. When I knew we were facing LA I was like "oh....sht" quite literally because of the offensive playbook (from my perspective). I guess you could attribute it to lack of TG?

Also, the O-line. Not sure what happened to LA's OL. The play where Shelton tackles CJ in the backfield for a c.5 yard loss - watch Whitworth. Just kind of sits down. What was going on? TBH, I was surprised our DL had their way with that OL, who I thought was the best OL in the league (bit of an OL nerd...).

Wade destroyed Josh McD, and that isn't getting enough air time. Brady said it was really hard, and it did appear to be the toughest game offensively for us all season. It was only after Josh literally inserted a formation that wasn't in the playbook (22 personnel spread, Hoss Y juke x 3) and one that Wade hadn't seen, where we could get anything going. Wade played an absolute blinder. 

All the best

I do want to say that this Super Bowl gave me a greater appreciation for most (particularly the veteran ones) of the Pats fans on this site.  For all the crap you guys get given (honestly, probably off the reputation of your off-site Boston sports fan brethren), a vast majority of you have handled yourselves with class both before and after winning this game - which is more than I can say for a number of other clusters of particular fanbases on the site.  So thank you for that.

2 hours ago, The LBC said:

I do want to say that this Super Bowl gave me a greater appreciation for most (particularly the veteran ones) of the Pats fans on this site.  For all the crap you guys get given (honestly, probably off the reputation of your off-site Boston sports fan brethren), a vast majority of you have handled yourselves with class both before and after winning this game - which is more than I can say for a number of other clusters of particular fanbases on the site.  So thank you for that.

Yep. I have a lot of fun trolling that fanbase and rooting against that team, but they showed a lot more class than just about any other fanbase on here.

Archived