Super Bowl LIII - Rams vs Patriots

RamRod

You can "Stop having this conversation" all you want, but we can all still keep letting you know how wrong you are 

1 hour ago, JonStark said:

I'm honestly surprised there's this much backlash for me calling guys who built a living off of offending people, mainly women, and justify it because they are "offending everyone".

First of all, just because youre offending people doesnt make you wrong or bad. As we have seen in other parts of this same thread, sometimes the truth hurts. And speaking he truth, being real genuine people, is where their popularity comes from, becaue most people are sick of the same old suit wearing company line BS we get fed from every other outlet.

1 hour ago, JonStark said:

but I can't support any company that endorses harassment of any kind the way that they do.

What Harassment do they support? If you mean the rabid fans they have on Twitter, then you better have the same exact views on the fans of Elon Musk, Taylor Swift, Ariana Grande, Logan Paul/Pewdiepie, Rick & Morty and so many other fan groups.

If you are under the illusion that they mistreat women, you are so sadly mistaken that you arent even worth having this conversation with. Seeing as every women who has actually worked there, every model that they have done shoots with and every other female sports personality that has ever taken the time to not immediately think "those guys are pigs" because thats what someone else told them has nothing but glowing reviews for the company.

Unless you can provide actual supporting evidence, you are just judging a book by its cover (a cover they didnt even write) which was my whole point from the beginning 

20 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

You can "Stop having this conversation" all you want, but we can all still keep letting you know how wrong you are 

First of all, just because youre offending people doesnt make you wrong or bad. As we have seen in other parts of this same thread, sometimes the truth hurts. And speaking he truth, being real genuine people, is where their popularity comes from, becaue most people are sick of the same old suit wearing company line BS we get fed from every other outlet.

What Harassment do they support? If you mean the rabid fans they have on Twitter, then you better have the same exact views on the fans of Elon Musk, Taylor Swift, Ariana Grande, Logan Paul/Pewdiepie, Rick & Morty and so many other fan groups.

If you are under the illusion that they mistreat women, you are so sadly mistaken that you arent even worth having this conversation with. Seeing as every women who has actually worked there, every model that they have done shoots with and every other female sports personality that has ever taken the time to not immediately think "those guys are pigs" because thats what someone else told them has nothing but glowing reviews for the company.

Unless you can provide actual supporting evidence, you are just judging a book by its cover (a cover they didnt even write) which was my whole point from the beginning 

A boss saying live on air that his 20 year old employee would "not be able to put her face in front of a camera in five years, because people will throw up.” is wrong and bad. Not only does she work for them, but she's a kid. If someone publicly embarrasses my daughter to an audience as large as they have like that, we'd be having some words.

I'm not saying anything about their fans, which is why I'm not sure why you guys are taking this so personally. There are good and bad fans for everything out there that has fans.

Feel free to keep letting me know how "wrong" I am, but do it through a PM. I'm done wasting space in a Rams Superbowl thread over Barstool freaking sports.

19 minutes ago, JonStark said:

If someone publicly embarrasses my daughter to an audience as large as they have like that, we'd be having some words.

And he would laugh right in your face.

The Ria thing? That is what you are going to try and call harassment? Get out of here with that nonsense, its a point that EVERYONE knows, and Portnoy is the only one that will say it, because he doesnt have a filter. Please find me all of the ugly people on camera at ESPN, or FOX, or CNN or ANYWHERE on TV. Hes not wrong, and he has said the same thing to Male employees too. You sound so 'old man yells at cloud' right now.

And we are plenty free to talk about Barstool in this thread, they were brought in as what they did at Media day, and it was YOU who brought up the issue with them, not about the actual sports topic

5 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

The Ria thing? That is what you are going to try and call harassment? Get out of here with that nonsense, its a point that EVERYONE knows, and Portnoy is the only one that will say it, because he doesnt have a filter. Please find me all of the ugly people on camera at ESPN, or FOX, or CNN or ANYWHERE on TV. Hes not wrong, and he has said the same thing to Male employees too. You sound so 'old man yells at cloud' right now.

And we are plenty free to talk about Barstool in this threat, they were brought in as what they did at Media day, and it was YOU who brought up the issue with them, not about the actual sports topic

Come on man. It's fine if you enjoy what they put up, but don't paint me out to the villain for not respecting a man that says something like this:

“Even though I never condone rape, if you’re a size 6 and you’re wearing skinny jeans you kind of deserve to be raped right? I mean skinny jeans don’t look good on size 0 and 2 chicks, nevermind size 6′s,”

“Just to make friends with the feminists I’d like to reiterate that we don’t condone rape of any kind at our Blackout Parties in mid-January. However if a chick passes out that’s a grey area though.”

They literally said "Subtle sexual harassment is fine and dandy". There is TONS of evidence online. I'm the least judgmental person you'll ever meet, but that is not ok. It's not. Period.

Now I'm trying to get this thread back to the Superbowl that I've waited for 17 years for. Back off.

40 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

And we are plenty free to talk about Barstool in this thread, they were brought in as what they did at Media day, and it was YOU who brought up the issue with them, not about the actual sports topic

Oh please, just stop. I wasn't going to engage with this nonsense because it's a waste of time and not a battle I want to fight during Super Bowl week, but I don't want this toxic crap in our forum. What the guy said was terrible. It's not because he has no filter. It's not because he's speaking the truth. It's because he's an unlikable, sexist a-hole. What he said wasn't remotely true.

But even assuming the absolute best (that he thought he was being honest), it's still a terrible thing that you don't say, especially to an employee. I could say mean things to people I know every single day. I am sure you could too. Do you know why I don't? Because I am a decent person. I am sure that is true of you too. Don't make excuses for a-holes like him.

Nah, he wouldn't. We all know guys like Portnoy.

9 minutes ago, RamRod said:

Let’s move on from Barstool, please

I will because you've asked to, but you guys are falling into the same exact trap that every person that writes a hit piece on them does.

If we are going to go backward for quotes and stuff a site has done in the past then we can not take Deadspin, Fanseid, Bleacher Report, Buzzfeed, or any of those type of sites to be "legitimate" anymore. Even Fox ports and ESPN have had questionable stuff up in the past. Just saying these are now the standards you guys are laying out.

17 minutes ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Because there's no battle lol. The Patriots are 2001 SB Champions, guy.

Yes, they are. That doesn't change what happened. The 2001 Rams know what happened that day, and they aren't quiet about it. There's no need to defend it, buddy. Sometimes, you get away with it. If it was such a nothing-burger, you wouldn't feel the need to come into our forum to fight this battle. xD

17 minutes ago, btfd16 said:

While I still have an inkling they knew something, I have come to grips with it. We were 14 point favorites. Should not have been close. Like Kurt said this morning, we got outplayed.

We lost. We still could have overcome it. That's true about the Saints and the DPI too. But there's a reason all those guys, who are very accomplished players/coaches and known for their football IQs, think something didn't smell right that day. It gave NE an advantage, but teams overcome disadvantages all the time. We didn't.

Archived