Super Bowl LIII - Rams vs Patriots

RamRod

31 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

How isn’t Kurt Warner’s number retired?

It shouldn't imo.. short stay. Would rather retire Sjaxs first.. And maybe because Kurt has embraced the Cards much more than the Rams!

To no fault to him.. He just doesn't carry himself as a Ram. 

2 hours ago, El ramster said:

It shouldn't imo.. short stay. Would rather retire Sjaxs first.. And maybe because Kurt has embraced the Cards much more than the Rams!

To no fault to him.. He just doesn't carry himself as a Ram. 

Well he’s the greatest QB ever to wear a Rams uniform...So yes, his number should be retired by the team. 

I sense that he hated how things ended with the Rams, but he’s always been professional about it. He talks about his days with the Rams just as much as he does with the Cardinals. 

8 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Well he’s the greatest QB ever to wear a Rams uniform...So yes, his number should be retired by the team. 

I sense that he hated how things ended with the Rams, but he’s always been professional about it. He talks about his days with the Rams just as much as he does with the Cardinals. 

Eh yes and no...the only reason he talks about the Rams are cause we are his one ring. If he would have won it with the cards he would have been 100% loyal to them.

I love me some Kurt, but he does seem to turn his back on us a lot. 

Its gameday folks. We all have been waiting for this day for 17yrs and now it has finally arrived. Ive said from the start that I was going to set back and enjoy what I thought would be a special season. Tonight could cap this special season off with a Superbowl championship. What better opponent than to beat than the Patriots. 

With that being said, I predict the Rams to win 31-27. Im not going to predict any stats because I just want the Rams to win and I dont care how. My Superbowl MVP is going to be Gurley. I think he has many factors as to why he is going to dominate. For one, people are still thinking he is hurt and either dont know what he is going to do or just flat out think he isnt going to be a factor. Gurley says he isnt hurt and I believe him. Plus he has had 2 weeks to rest so thats going to be huge. McVay is going to ride him because barring a serious injury that can carry over into next season, this is the last game of this season and Gurley can have the entire offseason to rest and heal up. I dont think he leaves anything on the field tonight. Then I look at the fact that he is playing back in Georgia where he played college ball at. The back on the other side that is looking to have a big impact is Michel. Gurley is a competitor and no way is he going to let Michel outshine him. I know its bigger than just one on one, but knowing a former college teammate is on the other side will give Gurley that extra juice to show he is the best back on the field and its not even close. Then we look at what really is key and thats the Patriots struggle with stopping backs like Gurley. Not only that but the Patriots struggle with defending zone offenses. Thats where Gurley and Anderson can dominate. If the Patriots cant stop Gurley they wont win and thats plain and simple.

My first half thoughts are that the Rams offense need to wake the f up. Like really it was disgusting to watch. What sums it up is a playaction pass on 3rd and 2 and Goff gets sacked for a 14yd loss. If he just throws the ball away at least maybe Hekker can try a fake punt or something. I thought McVay tried to get too cute right there. Idk whats going on with Gurley but he needs to be out there. There is one half of football left this season. What is McVay saving Gurley for? Let him play alot and then tell him to rest up in the offseason. Heck McVay dont run his players hard in practice and he doesnt play them in the preseason. Gurley needs to be out there alot to help Goff and this offense.

On defense Im loving it. Brady is getting beat up and is struggling outside of Edelman. I can deal with Edelman catching those short passes. Just like I can deal with Kamara catching all those passes two weeks ago with the Saints. The Patriots isnt running the ball well, Gronk hasnt been effective, and no other guy outside of Edelman has been effective.

Im looking forward to 2nd half adjustments. The offense needs to get things going. I expect the Rams to score points to open the 2nd half to either tie or take the lead. All it takes is one good drive by the Rams offense to get going. We saw that against the Saints. So I expect that to happen. On defense, I expect them to do a better job on Edelman but just overall keep doing that they have been doing and thats stopping the run and beating up Brady.   

Archived