Dak, the QB of the future or not.

resilient part 2

Dak, the QB of the future or NOT  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Has Dak shown enough to make Dak our QB going forward, OR NOT!

• definitely has shown enough promise to build around
    • NO he sucks and Dallas needs to find his replacement.

Personally I still think were a little early to make the call. Let’s see what next year brings 1st half or 2nd half Dak   Right now I would go 23-25 range   But if I see continued improvement and the cost of s starter goes up and up then 30 might not be out if range.  

Either way I don’t se a better QB available next year so ...   and I know no one believes it but Dak even though I put him at 12 or so best QB in NFL at this moment as the games yesterday showed that would have been good enough to get to the super bowl if our D had not failed us against the Rams   As Goff really only played well yesterday for about one half of football  

oddly the best QB IMO on the field yesterday from start to finish was Mahomes 

2 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Dak has proven he could win big games, lead a offense and make big plays.

What do you expect? The Jared Goff's and Pat Mahomes don't grow on trees

What big games? 2 out of his 3 were HFA and 2 out of the 3 they were favorites. His current record is 1-2. 

11 minutes ago, 5x10 said:

If you’re happy with 200-225 yards ,1 td per game

then he’s your guy

Well thank god Dallas loads him up with a top 3 RB and quality OL and Amari Cooper than. Dallas put him in a situation to sustain long term success. He's gonna consistently keep Dallas in contention, win football games and carve out a good career.

I dont think anyone will claim him to be a all time great

1 hour ago, 5x10 said:

If you’re happy with 200-225 yards ,1 td per game

then he’s your guy

Or to be more fair to the last ten games of the season.  

220-250 yrd game   1 TO every 2-3 games   1 rushing TD every other game.   Winning TOP by 6-8 min a game.  Sign me up

Again I want to hold my thoughts until near the end of next season.  If we see performance more like we did the last ten games of this year including the playoffs then Yep I am fine for paying him equal to the avg to above avg  starting QB in football  

35 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

If that is the trade off for Dallas winning 2 of 3 games and 2 NFCE crowns in 3 seasons....then yeah, I'll take that all day. 

I’m talking about statistical expectations of daks play

not of the entire team

looks like we got some buyers @ 220 and 1td

Edited by 5x10

7 hours ago, cowboyfanin2890 said:

If he was a franchise QB he would not consistently miss wide open receivers and we would not be a ball control offense that doesn't control the ball in big games. If he was a franchise QB right now he would elevate WR's instead of WR's needing to elevate him. A franchise QB has pocket awareness, hits the short passes to keep the D off the field and makes the tight throws at times. He makes the tight throws at times but he does not have any pocket awareness nor does he make the short throw(consistently) to keep the D off the field. I would vote yes to 20 million an year but a resounding no to anything over 25 million per year, and with my numbers I am hoping he gets better because if Elliot or Cooper go down Dak is a dead weight. 

And this is EXACTLY why he’s not a franchise QB. If you can’t perform the expected fundamentals of the position, then you have no business being a starting QB in this league.

7 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

THIS ^ is it in a nutshell for me. I don't believe Dak has done enough to earn a 30 mill etc... but even if he does, the Cap is getting so high, will it even matter as much?

Take an economics course and learn about inflation. Yes, it matters. The salary amounts will increase by the same factor which the cap rises year over year. Meaning, the impact remains the same, and can still cripple a team when a player is paid too much relative to the total cap number.

1 hour ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Well thank god Dallas loads him up with a top 3 RB and quality OL and Amari Cooper than. Dallas put him in a situation to sustain long term success. He's gonna consistently keep Dallas in contention, win football games and carve out a good career.

I dont think anyone will claim him to be a all time great

And most of those elements you mentioned go away very shortly after he gets overpaid because the cap will prevent the team from retaining them. Thus, making him a pedestrian player, and giving the team a losing record bwcause he isn’t talented enough to win without stars all around him.

1 minute ago, plan9misfit said:

While consistently missing wide open receivers, holding the ball too long, taking unnecessary sacks, and lacking the arm talent to throw his receivers open. 

*sigh*

This is going to be a fun off-season...