Dak, the QB of the future or not.

resilient part 2

Dak, the QB of the future or NOT  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Has Dak shown enough to make Dak our QB going forward, OR NOT!

• definitely has shown enough promise to build around
    • NO he sucks and Dallas needs to find his replacement.

@DaBoys claims that I am in the minority on how good Dak can be. Ironically I feel @DaBoys is more in the minority.

Lets end this once and for all in a Vote.

pretty simple, you either believe Dak's good attributes are more than enough to over come weaknesses that can actually be improved upon with time and a better coaching staff and be our QB for the foreseeable future and led us to a SB.

or

You believe "Dak SUCKS". He is not a "NFL starter" ( @plan9misfit) as stated. He should be replaced as soon as reasonably possible. he won't/can't over come his so called deficiencies.

speak now or forever hold your peace

Edited by resilient part 2

You said even when Dak had SL he didn't suck. You have to be in the minority on that.

I personally think, with the right offense, we will win with Dak.

I don't think he is Quincy. I see Andy Dalton. Joe Flacco. Eli Manning tough. 2017 Blake Bortles with a good team. McNabb/Tebow with mobility and body type. 

The question isn't whether he is good enough to build around. Even Tebow won a playoff game.

The question is whether he is good enough for a top 5 franchise QB salary. So that should be in the poll.

Edited by DaBoys
I voted for "has shown enough to build around."

12 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

You said even when Dak had SL he didn't suck. You have to be in the minority on that.

I personally think, with the right offense, we will win with Dak.

I don't think he is Quincy. I see Andy Dalton. Joe Flacco. Eli Manning tough. 2017 Blake Bortles with a good team. McNabb/Tebow with mobility and body type. 

The question isn't whether he is good enough to build around. Even Tebow won a playoff game.

The question is whether he is good enough for a top 5 franchise QB salary. So that should be in the poll.

that is a totally different subject. If JJ or SJ pay him that much then they are fools. No one, not me or Matts ever said he is deserving to be paid like a top 5 franchise QB. This poll reflects more on if Dak is a franchise QB to move forward on or NOT.

This is possibly the lamest poll I’ve ever seen.  There are are several other paramutations that easily fit into the equation.  How about this... do a poll that asks if you were GM, right now would you be willing to pay Dak $30/M a year fully guaranteed for 3-4 years.

Edited by The_Slamman
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

@DaBoys claims that I am in the minority on how good Dak can be. Ironically I feel @DaBoys is more in the minority.

Lets end this once and for all in a Vote.

pretty simple, you either believe Dak's good attributes are more than enough to over come weaknesses that can actually be improved upon with time and a better coaching staff and be our QB for the foreseeable future and led us to a SB.

or

You believe "Dak SUCKS". He is not a "NFL starter" ( @plan9misfit) as stated. He should be replaced as soon as reasonably possible. he won't/can't over come his so called deficiencies.

speak now or forever hold your peace

There is an option that needs to be added.

I believe the majority of us believe Dak is a decent QB (Not Top 10, Not Bottom 10).

He needs to be better with ball placement and pocket awareness.

I dont mind Dak. What I believe most of us want is to not pay Dak $30 million a year and lose good defensive talent.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

There is an option that needs to be added.

I believe the majority of us believe Dak is a decent QB (Not Top 10, Not Bottom 10).

He needs to be better with ball placement and pocket awareness.

I dont mind Dak. What I believe most of us want is to not pay Dak $30 million a year and lose good defensive talent.

Yea on average Dak plays like a middling QB. 

I really dont think Dak is as reviled as you think. My biggest issue is, as many have talked about, how much of the cap is he going to take up and will that leave enough for the supporting cast he needs to succeed as an above average, but still on the average end of that spectrum QB.

The way Jerruh talks, he's going to get top top top money, and that scares me and hurts his and this teams long term chances at success. 

3 minutes ago, D82 said:

The cap is soon to be largely irrelevant unless you're a team that can't draft well. 

Which we aren't. 

The constany recycling of players and the bias towards salary controlled rookies is one of the many reasons this league is headed towards a lockout. I wouldn't be so confident coming out of a lockout year that the cap will be "irrelevant."