Dak, the QB of the future or not.

resilient part 2

Dak, the QB of the future or NOT  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Has Dak shown enough to make Dak our QB going forward, OR NOT!

• definitely has shown enough promise to build around
    • NO he sucks and Dallas needs to find his replacement.

It’s kinda interesting people talk of expectations and such    I think could be wrong but a high majority of posters here would have been beyond happy if we made it to the NFC championship and beyond happy if you said going into the season after dropping Dez loosing Fredrick to winning the division and a play off game  especially as a good portion of posters feel we have a major handicap at QB

to me this was a successful season sure I really wish our D hadn’t laid a egg in the last game if they had just been okay.  Made them put 3-4 times not just once I think we could have won the game but still we are the youngest team and with all the complaints about Garrett his best feature is getting the team emotionally ready and installing a sense of pride in coming out and competing hard every game 

so.   I don’t see 10-6 and a play off win as settling but I guess if every year as a fan you think super bowl or bust then yeah this year was a waste.  

The other thing about this past year I can look back and say coulda shoulda (I still think we should have beaten the rams and could have beaten the saints) and put us in the Super Bowl so yeah to me I am bummed not playing this coming weekend but can look back with a little reality And say we really weren’t super bowl favs going in so 

10 minutes ago, quiller said:

I think could be wrong but a high majority of posters here would have been beyond happy if we made it to the NFC championship and beyond happy if you said going into the season after dropping Dez loosing Fredrick to winning the division and a play off game

to me this was a successful season

Yea I just don't get this. I don't have the mentality of a one strike policy that if the coach effs up once then they need to get gone. But people here just keep treating each and every season good or bad like it's the only one that matters and forgetting all the other mediocre to poor seasons. Like they don't remember they themselves screaming for Romo's successor to be drafted and groomed behind in case anything had happened to him, or actually having a plan in place for when we got rid of Murray. That lack of foresight is what cost us Romo's career, it's what cost that 2015 season because we were not planning on doing anything to replace starters that we kicked to the curb.

Now it's gotten to a mentality of "we'll just see what happens next season" instead of saying, NO IT SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED THIS SEASON!

I mean, this season what many of you guys claimed should be Garrett's make or break season. Now some of you are saying, well next year should be the one where his job is on the line?

12 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

You just keep splitting hairs. I am surprised you didn't add this to your last post to narrow the area which can be argued.

Point is coaches are in fact fired all the time. Even if a playoff winning coach is not fired all the time that does not mean it doesn't happen. That doesn't mean it's a catastrophe if it happens nor does it have anything to do with the minuscule reasons for keeping them here.

Let me walk you through this. When you are building a team you pick a coach that can build a team. If they have success that exceeds expectations then they are coaches worth keeping. H/e the goal in sports is to continually improve until you obtain a championship and to stay there as long as possible. So if the goal for one season was to obtain a winning record and they achieve it. That's great! They met expectations, now the goal is to win a playoff game, when they do that it's great because they are improving. So now with multiple winning seasons, then that should come to be the expectation of the team is to have winning seasons. So now with a playoff win, the goal is to shoot for the conference championship and maybe the SB. If they do not meet those expectations, fine you go back and figure out what went wrong and fix it for the next season no real biggie.

(Enter our team) So you come back and your team has a catastrophe after cutting one of it's most important players, losing the most important to injury, and it leads us into picking Top 5 for the draft. (Rebuild and improve) We draft a real difference maker and pick more good players throughout the draft that have immediate impact on the team. Great lets try again. We make the playoffs with a great record but lose our first playoff game. Fine back to the drawing board, (EXPECTATIONS STAY WHERE THEY'RE AT). Start the season, start good but lose a stud for half the season and it was expected to happen. Our team finishes 8-8 again because no adjustments or planning had been made incase the worst should happen which it did. (Pressure building, EXPECTATIONS STAY WHERE THEY'RE AT) need to overhaul the offense (rebuild basically and improve) because it surrounds the entire passing attack. We cut a star receiver with no back up in mind, HOF TE retires and we start the season with no real No.1 or even No.2 at receiver. We start the season poorly (Pressure building more), make blockbuster trade to save the season and it pays off. We go on a winning streak with a rejuvenated offense (not as great as the ones in previous years but servicable), defense has become borderline elite. We finish the season as division winners, nothing new, it's nice but this should be expected. We win another playoff game, GREAT, we match up well against the next team, lets see how this goes. LOSE, defense sputters because of critically key injuried player. No backup that can fill in, on top of that the offense falls short like it did earlier in the year when asked to take it to the next level.

Now that was just from 2016 till now. Except this team had the talent back in 2010 to do it, but no we couldn't. So what's the offered solution? Rebuild and improve. Have some success, plummet back down to earth. What to do again? Rebuild and improve again. Same solution, same results.

You don't lower your expectations, people who don't expect to win anything or go very far do that. I'm sure even Jason Garrett hasn't lowered his expectation at anything short of a Super Bowl victory, but this team and it's problems simply have not found a way to win. Now no team is perfect, and everyone has weaknesses. But the great teams find a way to overcome and achieve. We may well have a team that's fully capable of Super Bowl wins. We probably could have done it this year. H/e the plan that has been presented has not been working by the guy who pitched it. So if he can't meet these new expectations, then he should be gone. We've had a bar set at deep playoff level for over 10 years now, 8 of those spent on someone who has not delivered those results. You don't lower your expectations just because of complications because those happen every day, and if we have a coach that has failed to meet them many times, then it's time to find a coach who can.

It really is that simple. Stop lowering your expectations with some "winning seasons".

Damn I wish you would use more paragraphs. Other than that, this is the early POTY for 2019.. insert clapping hands here.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Out of those posts only 2 put of the 5 in each of those Twitter stat post have been reasonably successful playoff QBs.

I found this article interesting. Disappointed if it's TRUE but I cant really blame him. Especially with current management but this can hurt us. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/dak-prescott-cites-gisele-bundchen-reason-not-give-cowboys-tom-brady-discount-010836103.html

5 minutes ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

None of it is guaranteed,  so lets get all fired up before having the facts.   Denver will either renegotiate a short multi year contract for about half that or they will cut him after this season.

The reality is that a starting QB in this league is going to make 25+.