Dak, the QB of the future or not.

resilient part 2

Dak, the QB of the future or NOT  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Has Dak shown enough to make Dak our QB going forward, OR NOT!

• definitely has shown enough promise to build around
    • NO he sucks and Dallas needs to find his replacement.

On 2/14/2019 at 2:02 PM, WizardHawk said:

True. It's pretty crazy what he has signed for previously. I don't know who said it in previous posts but I wouldn't be surprised if there is some animosity towards Brady among the other players. I mean to each their own, but Brady could have set the standards for pay much higher. 

Contract History

Team Contract Type Status Year Signed Yrs Total APY Guarantees Amount Earned % Earned Effective APY
Patriots Drafted Renegotiated 2000 3 $864,500 $288,167 $38,500 $559,500 64.7% $279,750
Patriots Extension Renegotiated 2002 4 $30,125,000 $7,531,250 $9,500,000 $18,500,000 61.4% $6,166,667
Patriots Extension Renegotiated 2005 4 $48,000,000 $12,000,000 $26,500,000 $54,000,000 112.5% $10,800,000
Patriots Extension Renegotiated 2010 4 $72,000,000 $18,000,000 $18,300,000 $48,500,000 67.4% $16,166,667
Patriots Other Renegotiated 2013 5 $57,000,000 $11,400,000 $33,000,000 $41,000,000 71.9% $13,666,667
Patriots Extension Active 2016 2 $41,000,000 $20,500,000 $28,000,000 $44,764,706 109.2% $14,921,569

$11m/yr avg with 2013 contract. Unbelievable. Pats hit the lottery in more ways than one with Brady.

But, as Dak said, not everyone has a spouse worth nearly $400m either. 

Yea but I think Brady was taking discounts before he even met Giselle. In fact he signed 2 contracts I thought that were lower then what should be for a franchise QB in like 2002 and 2006. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I picked no, but don't agree he sucks, he is just David Garrard to me, just good enough to win and keep the train rolling but not good enough to win the game by himself

Except, y'know...he has.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, D82 said:

Except, y'know...he has.

In the same way that Vick wasn't a pocket passer, but he "has thrown from the pocket before."

Dak has mostly been a bus driver during his short 3 year career, but that doesn't mean he has never had a good game.  The best game of his career was week 17 last season, and he definitely won the game. But that game is far from the normal Dak performance. Good example is him nearly losing the game for us the very next week with an interception to KJ Wright.

We can go through his 3 years worth of game logs one by one and count how many games he carried the team on one hand. 

Edited by DaBoys
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, DaBoys said:

In the same way that Vick wasn't a pocket passer, but he "has thrown from the pocket before."

Dak has mostly been a bus driver during his short 3 year career, but that doesn't mean he has never had a good game.  The best game of his career was week 17 last season, and he definitely won the game. But that game is far from the normal Dak performance. Good example is him nearly losing the game for us the very next week with an interception to KJ Wright.

We can go through his 3 years worth of game logs one by one and count how many games he carried the team on one hand. 

THIS is such an easy comeback. So here goes. How many games has Dak been asked to carry the  team?? None by my count as Dak has been one of if not the least pass attempt starting QBs in the league. Remember they do run Zeke a lot. Just not inside the 5 much... (go figure) 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

THIS is such an easy comeback. So here goes. How many games has Dak been asked to carry the  team?? None by my count as Dak has been one of if not the least pass attempt starting QBs in the league. Remember they do run Zeke a lot. Just not inside the 5 much... (go figure) 

Dak was asked to carry the team against the Broncos in 2017.  Zeke only got 8 carries. We lost bad. In fact Zeke never reached 20 carries the first 3 weeks of 2018, and we started 1-2. We have not been good when trying to run our offense through Dak. Which may be why SL got fired. He is a QB/WR guru who stubbornly tried to focus our offense around a pocket QB that didn't exist. Especially in the redzone.

I do agree for the most part that they haven't asked him to win the game if they can help it.

A few games come to mind, where I believe Dak did put the team on his back. Week 17 of last season. OT against the Eagles last season. And the 2017 game against the Cardinals. His rookie year was the best example of us not asking much from him(bottom 8 in pass attempts, dumbed down playbook), and there aren't very many examples of him carrying the team. You might argue the Pittsburgh game, but Zeke was the real hero and literally carried us to victory. Maybe you could argue the playoff game against GB, but we didn't win. I know the defense let us down in the end but maybe they wouldn't have had to if Dak didn't throw the screen pass to Micah Hyde in the middle.

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

LOL Dak's contract just went WAY up.

That wouldn't be a bad contract for Dak. Tops out at 22 per year, but I'm sure not fully guaranteed. With an out after 3 years.

Edited by DaBoys

I would still let him play this year on his rookie deal. No reason to rush it. Dak doesn't seem to be a break out candidate. His rookie year is what we want him to get back to. More of a, he is what he is, (can we run with him more?) kinda guy. Let him play on his rookie deal. Then if he deserves it at the end of the season you tag him to see how you like spending premium space on him. Then if he deserves it you can lock him up after that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

I would still let him play this year on his rookie deal. No reason to rush it. Dak doesn't seem to be a break out candidate. His rookie year is what we want him to get back to. More of a, he is what he is, (can we run with him more?) kinda guy. Let him play on his rookie deal. Then if he deserves it at the end of the season you tag him to see how you like spending premium space on him. Then if he deserves it you can lock him up after that.

There is a reason to rush it. Give it to him this year we get to spread his signing bonus. So a 5 year $30m/year extensions becomes a $25m/yr average.

Just now, Calvert28 said:

And if the Jones are everybit the idiots we take them for we'll give it to him.

I hope we sign Blake Bortles.

The irony in this post is thick.

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

There is a reason to rush it. Give it to him this year we get to spread his signing bonus. So a 5 year $30m/year extensions becomes a $25m/yr average.

There is reason to not rush it. Don't give it to him this year and we get to pay him 720 thousand. Tag him next year(if he deserves it) for 23M and change. So the next two seasons become a $12m/yr average, and there is no negotiation.

Edited by DaBoys