Dak, the QB of the future or not.

resilient part 2

Dak, the QB of the future or NOT  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Has Dak shown enough to make Dak our QB going forward, OR NOT!

• definitely has shown enough promise to build around
    • NO he sucks and Dallas needs to find his replacement.

Just now, DaBoys said:

There is reason to not rush it. Don't give it to him this year and we get to pay him 720 thousand. Tag him next year(if he deserves it) for 23M and change. So the next two seasons become a $12m/yr average.

And then you have to pay him even more in 2 years after the cap has increased immensely. Especially after the next set of NFLPA negotiations when the cap goes up dramatically. 

You are putting a bandaid on a bullet wound. Pay him early, lower his overall average, get it in before the cap goes bonkers. 

Whether you and a few others wanted it or not, Dak is going to be here for the next 5+ years. All this talk of "wait and see" is a ridiculous ruse. Dak is here to stay. The end.

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

And then you have to pay him even more in 2 years after the cap has increased immensely. Especially after the next set of NFLPA negotiations when the cap goes up dramatically. 

You are putting a bandaid on a bullet wound. Pay him early, lower his overall average, get it in before the cap goes bonkers. 

Whether you and a few others wanted it or not, Dak is going to be here for the next 5+ years. All this talk of "wait and see" is a ridiculous ruse. Dak is here to stay. The end.

I'd rather save money, and not over pay players before they've proven themselves.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I'd rather save money, and not over pay players before they've proven themselves.

The issue here, is you dont think he has proven himself. Which most of the world, including the *vast* majority of football people disagree with. 

Also, the Cowboys, the Jones's, Will McClay and Jason Garrett all disagree with you. So maybe you should re-evaluate your position based on reality. 

2 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

There is reason to not rush it. Don't give it to him this year and we get to pay him 720 thousand. Tag him next year(if he deserves it) for 23M and change. So the next two seasons become a $12m/yr average, and there is no negotiation.

It’s actually $2M because he hit playing time incentives his first three years. Every 3rd round or later pick gets a bump in pay in their fourth if they play a certain percentage of snaps in their first three years- Collins, Dak, and Brown all qualified.

I think no matter what any of us say about Dak that the front office has already decided he’s going to be the QB here for the next 5-7 years at minimum. Therefore I would tentatively expect us to sign him to a deal designed to be restructured in 2020, possibly 2021 as well. That would save us a whole lot against the cap (in the short term) relatively to tagging him which would be roughly $30M for one year/$66M for two.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, matt79511 said:

It’s actually $2M because he hit playing time incentives his first three years. Every 3rd round or later pick gets a bump in pay in their fourth if they play a certain percentage of snaps in their first three years- Collins, Dak, and Brown all qualified.

I think no matter what any of us say about Dak that the front office has already decided he’s going to be the QB here for the next 5-7 years at minimum. Therefore I would tentatively expect us to sign him to a deal designed to be restructured in 2020, possibly 2021 as well. That would save us a whole lot against the cap (in the short term) relatively to tagging him which would be roughly $30M for one year/$66M for two.

So $32M over the next two seasons. That's $16m per. Not bad.

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

The issue here, is you dont think he has proven himself. Which most of the world, including the *vast* majority of football people disagree with. 

Also, the Cowboys, the Jones's, Will McClay and Jason Garrett all disagree with you. So maybe you should re-evaluate your position based on reality. 

Maybe I should change what I think because others think differently? Most football people see him as the ~16th best QB in the league. He has not proven to he a top 5 QB.

Edited by DaBoys

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

Maybe I should change what I think because others think differently? Most football people see him as the ~16th best QB in the league. He has not proven to he a top 5 QB.

Maybe you should change your opinion because its deluded in a wild hater fantasy? 

Do you also believe Trump isnt president? 

Just because you dont like something, doesnt make it reality. 

14 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Maybe you should change your opinion because its deluded in a wild hater fantasy? 

Do you also believe Trump isnt president? 

Just because you dont like something, doesnt make it reality. 

Dude, you're a trash poster.

I'm a deluded hater because I want to tag Dak, and won't feel differently because it probably won't happen? And wtf does Trump have to do with this? I thought you liked to stay on topic? ...garbage.  

You can't just have a normal discussion with pros and cons. It always breaks down to this. But at least the older guys on the forum think you're funny right?

Edited by DaBoys

Just now, DaBoys said:

Dude, you're a trash poster.

I'm a deluded hater because I want to tag Dak, and won't feel differently because it probably won't happen? And wtf does Trump have to do with this? I thought you liked to stay on topic? ...garbage.  

You can't just have a normal discussion with pros and cons. It always breaks down to this. But at least the older guys on the forum think your funny right?

This is extremely hostile and also not what I said. I said your opinion on Dak's  contract was deluded in wild hater fantasy. You hate Dak. You have an idea that we wont extend him, which I think is fantasy based on *ALL* evidence present. So you have concluded that there is even a remote possibility that we will not extend him. Ipso Facto, a wild hater fantasy.

The Trump example is analogous. Its like those people walking around with "not my president" t shirts. Hate to break it to you, whether you like him or not, Trump is your president. Dak is the Cowboys QB of now and the future. Those are facts. 

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

This is extremely hostile and also not what I said. I said your opinion on Dak's  contract was deluded in wild hater fantasy. You hate Dak. You have an idea that we wont extend him, which I think is fantasy based on *ALL* evidence present. So you have concluded that there is even a remote possibility that we will not extend him. Ipso Facto, a wild hater fantasy.

The Trump example is analogous. Its like those people walking around with "not my president" t shirts. Hate to break it to you, whether you like him or not, Trump is your president. Dak is the Cowboys QB of now and the future. Those are facts. 

But see, I don't hate Dak. I just don't think he is a top 10 QB. That's not hate. That's reality. And I always hold out hope for things I want. That's called being an optimist.

Edited by DaBoys

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

But see, I don't hate Dak. I just don't think he is a top 10 QB. That's not hate. That's reality. And I always hold out hope for things I want. That's called being an optimist.

Ok. You are correct that I cant tell you how you feel. So I will put it into my own observation. You have an obsessive agenda to constantly critique Dak negatively, with extremely minimal positive, feedback. This need to degrade Dak extends so far as to you creating multiple threads and hundreds of post just to express how little you think of him. 

And saying "not top 10" you are creating a straman argument that I dont wish to debate. 

Better? 

Ladies, let’s dial this back a little bit.  Matts is just coming off a ban... so he missed out on quite a bit of Dak apologizing.  Let’s let Matt’s catch up a bit.  As for me... let’s just say that I’m hoping we make a play in FA for a back up QB that is talented or even look at somebody in the draft.  The thought of signing Dak to franchise QB money is a scary at best and it would be nice to have a QB ready to leverage Dak (assuming Dak doesn’t completely crap the bed in 2019).

• Like 1