Dak, the QB of the future or not.

resilient part 2

Dak, the QB of the future or NOT  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Has Dak shown enough to make Dak our QB going forward, OR NOT!

• definitely has shown enough promise to build around
    • NO he sucks and Dallas needs to find his replacement.

3 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I am amazed. Dak hits the open market and he will get the highest paid contract for a QB ever.

That doesn't mean he's the best QB ever. That doesn't even mean he's the best QB in the league right now. But that is just the reality of Free Agency. 

That is how free agency works and the beauty of having an open/competitive market.  And, if a team is stupid enough to pay top dollar for an average QB... that’s great for the player an horrible for the team.  As long as it’s not us paying, I hope Dak makes $40m/year.  

4 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

That is how free agency works and the beauty of having an open/competitive market.  And, if a team is stupid enough to pay top dollar for an average QB... that’s great for the player an horrible for the team.  As long as it’s not us paying, I hope Dak makes $40m/year.  

Sure. But the reality is contracts ARE going up. Every year. Average players are going to end up make the most if there is a need. It is the nature of the league. 

4 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I am amazed. Dak hits the open market and he will get the highest paid contract for a QB ever.

That doesn't mean he's the best QB ever. That doesn't even mean he's the best QB in the league right now. But that is just the reality of Free Agency. 

And teams that do things like that are made fun of and usually not competitive. Janoris Jenkins, Snacks, and OV to the Giants. The paper champion Philly Eagles in 2012. Overpaying hardly ever works out. Just because some team will doesn't mean we have to.

On 3/12/2019 at 6:37 PM, Matts4313 said:

So its been leaked that OBJ wanted to come to Dallas. Wait for the reason.

Wait for it. 

Are you waiting?

Because he wanted to play with Dak. Isnt that effing strange. 

The reports were that he’s friends with Quincy. That doesn’t speak to his ability as a QB, but that they’re close friends. Get your facts straight. Here’s the Tweet.

Edited by plan9misfit

1 minute ago, plan9misfit said:

The reports were that he’s friends with Quincy. That doesn’t speak to his ability as a QB, but that they’re close friends. Get your facts straight. Here’s the Tweet.

My facts are straight. I said he wanted to come to Dallas because of our QB. 

That statement is 100% true. 

Get your reading straight. 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

My facts are straight. I said he wanted to come to Dallas because of our QB. 

That statement is 100% true. 

Get your reading straight. 

You were insinuating that it’s because Quincy has talent. Again, stop playing semantics. No one is buying it. You’ve been riding Quincy’s junk from Day 1, so we all know what you were suggesting.

1 minute ago, plan9misfit said:

You were insinuating that it’s because Quincy has talent. Again, stop playing semantics. No one is buying it. You’ve been riding Quincy’s junk from Day 1, so we all know what you were suggesting.

You are making assumptions to prop up your own arguments. Not me. Lets stick to facts and what was actually said. 

I am fully aware he stated he wanted to come due to Dak as a person. But guess what? That plays a role in his being a QB as well. There is a reason everyone on the team loves him and follows him. There is a reason Cooper came over and immediately became a better player. Daks leadership, charisma and personality attracts people to him and ultimately benefits us. 

3 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

He may be friends with Dak, but NO WAY does he want to play with a QB he doesn't believe in. So it clearly is both.

• Like 2

On 3/12/2019 at 6:37 PM, Matts4313 said:

So its been leaked that OBJ wanted to come to Dallas. Wait for the reason.

Wait for it. 

Are you waiting?

Because he wanted to play with Dak. Isnt that effing strange. 

Well no one ever said he was bright. Just a dangerous football player.

5 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Well no one ever said he was bright. Just a dangerous football player.

Considering he had a blunt in his hand in the infamous cruise photo and was caught with cocaine with some random woman in Paris, no one will ever accuse him of utilizing good judgment. 

• Like 2