Jump to content
resilient part 2

Dak, the QB of the future or not.

Dak, the QB of the future or NOT  

62 members have voted

  1. 1. Has Dak shown enough to make Dak our QB going forward, OR NOT!

    • definitely has shown enough promise to build around
    • NO he sucks and Dallas needs to find his replacement.


Recommended Posts

I’d say no he isn’t worth that price. I think we gotta tank next year and draft a young guy and do the rebuild right like we’ve seen elsewhere (Philly, KC, and LA). Take advantage of the rookie scale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

I’d say no he isn’t worth that price. I think we gotta tank next year and draft a young guy and do the rebuild right like we’ve seen elsewhere (Philly, KC, and LA). Take advantage of the rookie scale.

Ugh, that sounds miserable. 

Also, Kansas City wen't 12-4 and traded up for Mahommes. If we are insistent on moving on from Dak, I'd rather go that path. Make Dak play out his rookie contract with this playoff caliber team, then trade up for a guy in 2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Ugh, that sounds miserable. 

Also, Kansas City wen't 12-4 and traded up for Mahommes. If we are insistent on moving on from Dak, I'd rather go that path. Make Dak play out his rookie contract with this playoff caliber team, then trade up for a guy in 2020.

Well its official Hebert will be a 2020 QB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he was a franchise QB he would not consistently miss wide open receivers and we would not be a ball control offense that doesn't control the ball in big games. If he was a franchise QB right now he would elevate WR's instead of WR's needing to elevate him. A franchise QB has pocket awareness, hits the short passes to keep the D off the field and makes the tight throws at times. He makes the tight throws at times but he does not have any pocket awareness nor does he make the short throw(consistently) to keep the D off the field. I would vote yes to 20 million an year but a resounding no to anything over 25 million per year, and with my numbers I am hoping he gets better because if Elliot or Cooper go down Dak is a dead weight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Ugh, that sounds miserable. 

Also, Kansas City wen't 12-4 and traded up for Mahommes. If we are insistent on moving on from Dak, I'd rather go that path. Make Dak play out his rookie contract with this playoff caliber team, then trade up for a guy in 2020.

That’s fine too. I mean take advantage of a rookie scale this time. The chiefs did by signing guys like Watkins and company to contracts that will be done by the time Mahomes is ready for his pay day. Dallas should do something similar in my mind. Get a highly drafted QB and go out and grab FAs like the Eagles Rams and Chiefs have done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

This is possibly the lamest poll I’ve ever seen.  There are are several other paramutations that easily fit into the equation.  How about this... do a poll that asks if you were GM, right now would you be willing to pay Dak $30/M a year fully guaranteed for 3-4 years.

paramutations LOL, good one. In the meantime, if my poll is so lame, then make your own. Is there anyone or anything stopping you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

I’d say no he isn’t worth that price. I think we gotta tank next year and draft a young guy and do the rebuild right like we’ve seen elsewhere (Philly, KC, and LA). Take advantage of the rookie scale.

think about what you said. You want Dallas to suck bad all year long, just to get a "franchise QB". What if they actually did this (which of course they will never do)and they don't/can't even get that QB. Or even more possible they get that QB they targeted and he becomes a nobody special? The Odds are more in favor of failure then success. But in the meantime Dallas wasted ho many years on that experiment?

Building around Dak is the only answer as of now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, resilient part 2 said:

think about what you said. You want Dallas to suck bad all year long, just to get a "franchise QB". What if they actually did this (which of course they will never do)and they don't/can't even get that QB. Or even more possible they get that QB they targeted and he becomes a nobody special? The Odds are more in favor of failure then success. But in the meantime Dallas wasted ho many years on that experiment?

Building around Dak is the only answer as of now.

Except it’s not the only answer. You build around Dak and are stuck in mediocrity? Then you’ve wasted how many years at that point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MightyMouse07 said:

Except it’s not the only answer. You build around Dak and are stuck in mediocrity? Then you’ve wasted how many years at that point?

perhaps, but the solution is never to tank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, D82 said:

The cap is soon to be largely irrelevant unless you're a team that can't draft well. 

Which we aren't. 

THIS ^ is it in a nutshell for me. I don't believe Dak has done enough to earn a 30 mill etc... but even if he does, the Cap is getting so high, will it even matter as much?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes it will matter because the CAP has a CAP. It's not unlimited. And players will eventually be paid 40 mil. 50 mil etc a year...to match the cap rise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

THIS ^ is it in a nutshell for me. I don't believe Dak has done enough to earn a 30 mill etc... but even if he does, the Cap is getting so high, will it even matter as much?

So you're okay giving Dak a huge portion of 2019's cap (top 3 money) because it won't look bad in 2022? I'd like to be competitive AND fiscally sound on a year in, year out basis. Crazy talk, I know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

THIS ^ is it in a nutshell for me. I don't believe Dak has done enough to earn a 30 mill etc... but even if he does, the Cap is getting so high, will it even matter as much?

Yes it matters.

As the cap goes up, Zeke will want more than the top rbs now. Coop will want more. Tank wont take less than $20 mill a year if the cap goes up. Byron and Jaylon all will want more too.

It's not a QB cap. Cap goes up, everyone else wants to get paid too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MightyMouse07 said:

Except it’s not the only answer. You build around Dak and are stuck in mediocrity? Then you’ve wasted how many years at that point?

23 so far with current management and 8 years so far with the pet project. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dak has proven he could win big games, lead a offense and make big plays.

What do you expect? The Jared Goff's and Pat Mahomes don't grow on trees

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×