Dak, the QB of the future or not.

resilient part 2

Dak, the QB of the future or NOT  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Has Dak shown enough to make Dak our QB going forward, OR NOT!

• definitely has shown enough promise to build around
    • NO he sucks and Dallas needs to find his replacement.

2 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Depends on who is there. I wouldn't do it before the draft.  If we had a vet backup I probably would. Although it would be nice to see Dak play in Miami with a real OL, and have solid weapons around him for the first time.

We did see it. In 2016. He was a top 5 QB by almost every efficiency metric. IIRC he even got a league MVP vote. 

29 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Interesting. I thought the obvious answer was no.

My answer would be “no”. And, not because I want to keep him, but because I’d expect significantly higher compensation due to the position. If a guy like OBJ can get that much compensation, then my expectation for Quincy would be a minimum of two 1sts and a starting caliber player.

On 3/15/2019 at 10:24 AM, Matts4313 said:

Was bored and reading some different advanced metric sites regarding Gallup and Dak. There were 13 total passes that were miss connects between the two of them. Daks accuracy rating on the accumulation of passes to Gallup was just under "excellent" (90% of the way to that score). 

We all remember the bad throws. They stick out. I really think what happened to some of you is that you saw the missed go routes in several games and built a narrative that it was all Daks fault and Gallup is a deity. The reality is some of those over throws were on Gallup. Some of them were just football. Accuracy over 20 yards drops for all QBs. But the stance some of you are taking is way, way too lopsided. It is absolutely fair to blame Dak for a handful of them. But keep a level headed perspective. 

Some of this will be fixed just simply with them playing together more. The huge plus here is that Gallup/Dak have enough chemistry that they continued to test teams deep all season. 

Adding on to this:

Daks QB rating per WR:

Cooper 115

Swaim 109

Bease 108

Austin 106

Jarwin 105

Hurns 104

Elliot 102

Gallup 71

Not trying to bash Gallup. Just pointing out it would make a lot of sense to add more weapons and let Gallup develop more. I have high hopes for him, he seems like a good dude and high potential. 

7 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Adding on to this:

Daks QB rating per WR:

Cooper 115

Swaim 109

Bease 108

Austin 106

Jarwin 105

Hurns 104

Elliot 102

Gallup 71

Not trying to bash Gallup. Just pointing out it would make a lot of sense to add more weapons and let Gallup develop more. I have high hopes for him, he seems like a good dude and high potential. 

man we almost had a meme going in the forums that Gallup would be a 1k receiver if dak threw his way right every time.

This rookie was out there making NFL CBs look like fools. I'm not saying its was fully Dak's fault I'm just saying they never seemed to connect properly.

Edited by canadaluvsdallas

10 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Adding on to this:

Daks QB rating per WR:

Cooper 115

Swaim 109

Bease 108

Austin 106

Jarwin 105

Hurns 104

Elliot 102

Gallup 71

ya don't say....where have I heard this before

To me it is very normal for rookies WR and young QB to have trouble at times both being on the same page what is also normal is for WR to develop sometimes very quickly. Year 1 to 2 While I am never opposed to adding weapons I do expect Gallop being one of our main weapons going forward       I also think it’s not a case of blame one or the other it is just a situation that is what it is mostly do to circumstance 

On 3/17/2019 at 5:40 AM, canadaluvsdallas said:

man we almost had a meme going in the forums that Gallup would be a 1k receiver if dak threw his way right every time.

This rookie was out there making NFL CBs look like fools. I'm not saying its was fully Dak's fault I'm just saying they never seemed to connect properly.

What Matts failed to bring up was that Gallup had 2 drops all of last season while being targeted. When the balls actually made it to him, for the vast majority of the time he was money. And he made that Rams secondary look like fools in that playoff game. When Gallup is wide open and Dak throws it 5 yards over his head even with Gallup jumping as high as he can. That's Gallup. Or when Gallup could have taken it in for a possible TD or at the very least a 1st down against the Rams and Dak throws it another 5 yards away from him, that's on Gallup too.

Funny how Dak who is renowned for his poor accuracy is a 3 year vet who has been questioned time and time again by former players, coaches, etc about his throws but it's Gallup who's making all the mistakes, with Dak only making a "handful". Isn't Dak supposed to be the leader? Isn't he supposed to work with players and adjust to getting into more chemistry with them? But we're supposed to excuse Dak's poor passes because supposedly it was the receiver running the incorrect route.

That's BS at it's finest. Running the incorrect route we have seen many times from a QB would result in a pass being 15 or 25 yards away from the receiver. With Gallup all of those target passes were still within a few yards of him, they were just bad throws.

3 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

What Matts failed to bring up was that Gallup had 2 drops all of last season while being targeted. When the balls actually made it to him, for the vast majority of the time he was money. And he made that Rams secondary look like fools in that playoff game. When Gallup is wide open and Dak throws it 5 yards over his head even with Gallup jumping as high as he can. That's Gallup. Or when Gallup could have taken it in for a possible TD or at the very least a 1st down against the Rams and Dak throws it another 5 yards away from him, that's on Gallup too.

Funny how Dak who is renowned for his poor accuracy is a 3 year vet who has been questioned time and time again by former players, coaches, etc about his throws but it's Gallup who's making all the mistakes, with Dak only making a "handful". Isn't Dak supposed to be the leader? Isn't he supposed to work with players and adjust to getting into more chemistry with them? But we're supposed to excuse Dak's poor passes because supposedly it was the receiver running the incorrect route.

That's BS at it's finest. Running the incorrect route we have seen many times from a QB would result in a pass being 15 or 25 yards away from the receiver. With Gallup all of those target passes were still within a few yards of him, they were just bad throws.

This is all a load of horse crap. 

I said Dak is to blame for some of them. I am not excusing him. I also said Gallup is to blame for some, a point which you are ignoring. Go back and watch the plays, he pulled up on his routes more than once which led to an over throw. Thats on Gallup. Also on Linehan, to be honest. 

Dak isnt "renowned" for poor accuracy outside of the group of Dak haters. He has some missed throws, sure. But he is also a 65% QB on a respectable YPA. It would be much more fair to call him inconsistent than inaccurate. 

Again, advanced analytics say Dak was damn near "Excellent" when throwing to Gallup. But your (clouded by hate) mind only allows you to retort with this absurdity and no actual facts at all. 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

This is all a load of horse crap. 

I said Dak is to blame for some of them. I am not excusing him. I also said Gallup is to blame for some, a point which you are ignoring. Go back and watch the plays, he pulled up on his routes more than once which led to an over throw. Thats on Gallup. Also on Linehan, to be honest. 

Dak isnt "renowned" for poor accuracy outside of the group of Dak haters. He has some missed throws, sure. But he is also a 65% QB on a respectable YPA. It would be much more fair to call him inconsistent than inaccurate. 

Again, advanced analytics say Dak was damn near "Excellent" when throwing to Gallup. But your (clouded by hate) mind only allows you to retort with this absurdity and no actual facts at all. 

Game tape are the facts and it's all there when you watch the game.

Yes Dak is to blame for some. Like any other Tom Brady who makes mistakes.

I've read analytics that also has him only dropping 1 pass and another that say 3 for the entire year, I for the record remember only 2 and one of those he was basically being tackled by the CB before the ball got there. Meaning that when the passes actually get to him, he has caught them.

Even Troy has remarked on Dak's shotty Accuracy and has had some harsh words on it.

I don't think it's chemistry between the two. I think it's the routes they are asking of Gallup.

Beasely was a short route runner along with all the TEs, when they were an actual target. Amari, by his own admission, ran mostly slant routes under Linehan.

Gallup on the other hand was running fly routes on most of those meme worthy misses.

I find it more likely that Dak has trouble hitting the fly route than it having much to do with who is running it. Even when we sent Amari on those fly routes against the Eagles game 2, the pass wasn't perfect. Amari was able to adjust and make the play though. So maybe that's a little on Gallup for not being as good as Amari, but I do think Dak struggles with the 9 route up against the sideline.

Edited by DaBoys

18 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I don't think it's chemistry between the two. I think it's the routes they are asking of Gallup.

Beasely was a short route runner along with all the TEs, when they were an actual target. Amari, by his own admission, ran mostly slant routes under Linehan.

Gallup on the other hand was running fly routes on most of those meme worthy misses.

I find it more likely that Dak has trouble hitting the fly route than it having much to do with who is running it. Even when we sent Amari on those fly routes against the Eagles game 2, the pass wasn't perfect. Amari was able to adjust and make the play though. So maybe that's a little on Gallup for not being as good as Amari, but I do think Dak struggles with the 9 route up against the sideline.

Yea last year Gallup was our main deep threat and those routes are the ones we mainly used him on.

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

Game tape are the facts and it's all there when you watch the game.

Yes Dak is to blame for some. Like any other Tom Brady who makes mistakes.

I've read analytics that also has him only dropping 1 pass and another that say 3 for the entire year, I for the record remember only 2 and one of those he was basically being tackled by the CB before the ball got there. Meaning that when the passes actually get to him, he has caught them.

Even Troy has remarked on Dak's shotty Accuracy and has had some harsh words on it.

Even troy? You mean *ONLY* Troy. Its the go to that you 4 keep harping on.

Why do you keep referencing drops? I dont think anyone at all has brought that up but you. Its like you are debating his hands with yourself.... weird.