Dak, the QB of the future or not.

resilient part 2

Dak, the QB of the future or NOT  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Has Dak shown enough to make Dak our QB going forward, OR NOT!

• definitely has shown enough promise to build around
    • NO he sucks and Dallas needs to find his replacement.

1 hour ago, HDsportsfan said:

That's just stupid, along with your previous quote. Dak has a ways to go and his limitations but that loss was squarely on the defense 100%. Two running backs with over 100 yards. Stop being a hater.

Sure am. If we are talking about 30 million a year and that's supposed to be a steal I want a God **** return on that investment on the biggest stages, and not an excuse about "well our DT didn't play well because of a torn ACL so it's not on him." Screw that, if he is worth that kind of money then he should earn it without excuses.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Northland said:

Two Ram rb's with over 100 yards rushing.  The Hot Boyz were far from hot in that game.  Tough to win when the opposition can run at will.

Do people conveniently what happened in that game? But when you make the claim he is one of the most efficient QB's in the league along with being one of the most clutch. He needs to win those and he could have. That was the type of position that Dak himself said he wanted to be in and he didn't deliver. Plus we aren't planning on giving Woods a 100 million dollar contract plus I hear he was playing with a torn ligament or something that game.

Our defense was horrible, and Dak is not the type of QB to win the game for you. Dak is not going pick up the slack of a defense if it fails. We used to see the defense give up 30+ points all the time and Romo would inexplicably outscore them. Dak isn't going to out duel anyone. At least not with any regularity.

He did it week 17 against the lowly giants in a meaningless game, and earlier in the season against the Lions who managed 24 points on us. All our other games were low scoring defensive battles. Only 2 other teams scored over 25 points on us, and those games we lost to the Titans 28-14, and the Rams 30-22.

Dak didn't lose us the Rams game. That's Daks calling card. He won't lose you the game. But God forbid Zeke gets bottled up. God forbid our defense from faltering. God forbid the FO cut Dez and not replace him till week 8, because if those things happen we will most likely lose. Because Dak isn't going to win you the game by his self. He isn't Aaron Rodgers or Peyton Manning, where he counts for 8 wins per season by his self and just needs a little help. He needs a lot of help, and despite still being young he doesn't appear to be on that track. Which is why Calvert is angry about paying him $30m a year, and being irrational about his playoff performance. A $30M QB puts points on the board. He isn't happy with 266 yards in a game that he was losing from the gun. We are in comeback mode all game with our season on the line and our $30m QB can only get 266 yards and 1 passing TD?

He needs a lot of help to win. And when people say that, they mean this:

Someone else is going to have to win the game for us.

Our Defense, Zeke, or Amari Cooper taking slant routes 65 yards to the house.

Edited by DaBoys
  • Like 1

@Calvert28 and @DaBoys are exactly right. If we’re going to pay that much money for a player whom so many of you contend is a franchise QB, then he needs to be able to put the team on his back and win, even when other elements are performing poorly. That’s what a franchise QB does. No excuses. 

I get it; the defense played like hot garbage, Garrett is a joke for a head coach, and Linehan’s incompentence shined through yet again, but Quincy stunk out loud for most of the game as well. Mediocrity doesn’t cut it in the playoffs. Just being “ok” in a divisional round playoff game is the equivalent of passing for 170 yards and 2 INTs in the regular season. Not. Good. Enough. I don’t want to hear about how he “almost” came back and won. Had he shown up in the first half of the game, it would’ve been far less likely that a “comeback” would’ve been necessary. And if you think that paying Quincy franchise QB money (which he does NOT deserve) will help the team, then you’ve lost your minds. Romo’s albatross deal hurt the team, and he was a better QB tenfold. Quincy can’t succeed without the contributions of everyone else. Even with Romo’s recklessness, there were many games where he singlehandedly put the team in his back and won; one of which came against the 49ers where he played most of the game with a punctured lung. Could Quincy do that? Probably not. But he’s going to get paid like it. So, if you think the defense played like a steaming pile of Texas steer crap back in January (and it did), then you’d better get used to it going forward. Quincy’s deal will force a lot of guys out the door, and we don’t have either the coaching talent or the QB to compensate for those losses.

But hey, he’s a “winner”, right? :S All those “4th quarter comebacks” (due to his poor play in the first three quarters) and his vastly overrated high completion percentage (due to his 3 yard dump off passes and lack of down field awareness) won’t matter much when we’re going 6-10 every year.

Edited by plan9misfit
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Based on what? Our defense shutting down their running game?

Wilson had a higher QBR that game, no turnovers, and nearly 9 yards per attempt, and a rushing TD.

Dak threw a pick, had a lower QBR, and was almost 7 yards per attempt with a rushing TD.

Yeah while our D was a big part of the win that D did allow Seattle a easy meaningless TD late that inflated Wilson’s numbers badly.   But yes the final numbers for Wilson was slightly better due to the Dak interception which I don’t remember the circumstances of.  Dak had more yards passing and running some percentage comp both had a run pass TD.  Wilson yrds per attempt raised by that stupid late 53 yrd completion where the D had a mind fart.   But the eye test of the game told me Dak out played Wilson like he out played Goff the next game 

edit.  Please note as of yet we still have not had a third year or younger QB win a superbowl where during the playoffs he played a team that scored over 21 points. Yes Brady or Wilson did not HAVE to score more then 20 points in their suoerbowl wins   Goff would have been the first had he won but that didn’t happen so.  His win was the NO gift of a game.  This is in response to the winning a scoring battle.  Young QB’s just don’t do that in the playoffs.  

NOW I am not saying DAK is the next Brady Rogers but I am saying we have yet to see Dak’s ceiling he will improve if he gets the proper support over time from coaches and management 

Edited by quiller

This is what we need more of:

Kellen Moore needs to run Dak with it more often than Scott Linehan show cased. Not only is he good at it, but he is 240 pounds and not likely to suffer the injuries most scrambling QBs do. And when he gets on the move he throws the ball better. And the defense is put in a bind trying to defend the run on pass plays. I also think it helps Dak get comfortable in the game and in the pocket after he's had a few good scrambles. 

MOST duel threat QBs lack a little something throwing the ball. It's not unusual. It wouldn't be fair for guys to have Vick legs and a Marino arm. So QBs usually fall somewhere on the spectrum one way or the other. 

Dak is a duel threat QB. Making him a statue pocket passer is going to yield these streaky results. If you want to get the most out of Dak you have to let him run. Making him more like Cam, or Russell Wilson who led his team in rushing a couple years ago, is the only way to get $30m out of him.

Pocket Dak is a $15m QB.

I got no problem with Dak running more as yes he is not a better then average pocket passer I do though understand and some what agree in the teams concept of trying to limit him running between the twenties. I have heard the told him not to run in these situations. Be it true or not and I see the point as it isn’t cost effective 

either way let’s just say I think he is worth more money then Fowles. But yes can see some one like Wentz who shows better upside and is arguably a better passer being worth more 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Sure am. If we are talking about 30 million a year and that's supposed to be a steal I want a God **** return on that investment on the biggest stages, and not an excuse about "well our DT didn't play well because of a torn ACL so it's not on him." Screw that, if he is worth that kind of money then he should earn it without excuses.

Agreed.

Our D didnt show up but if were paying Dak $30 million a year, are we going to have less talent on D or more than we do now?

Are we going to still be able to pay our OLine and Zeke?

If we pay Dak that type of money all were ever going to hear is we cant win because we dont have enough talent around Dak.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, quiller said:

I got no problem with Dak running more as yes he is not a better then average pocket passer I do though understand and some what agree in the teams concept of trying to limit him running between the twenties. I have heard the told him not to run in these situations. Be it true or not and I see the point as it isn’t cost effective 

either way let’s just say I think he is worth more money then Fowles. But yes can see some one like Wentz who shows better upside and is arguably a better passer being worth more 

I'm hoping the in between the 20s ban left with Scott Linehan 

I also wonder why this forum loves Daks character so much. You would think he is preacher on Sundays with the way you guys love on him off the field. Typically you guys bash a player and label him "idiot!" or "thug!" the first time he gets in even a little trouble with the law, or fails a drug test for weed.

Yet Dak Prescott was involved in a big beach brawl that has it's own world star youtube video. He was arrested and charged with Driving Under the Influence just days before the draft. Now if you Google "Dak Prescott" you get mostly stories of how Daks two pits(with their ears clipped) broke into his neighbor's yard attacked her dogs and bit part of her finger off. And this is after he had two previous warnings. She apparently spent 4 days in a hospital. 

I'm not really one to care about a players off field issues. If they want to drink drive, smoke weed, join a gang, fight dogs, fight humans, do coke, and hookers and film the whole thing on social media then let them.

I'm even pro steroids. 

But this forum as a whole is not. Most of you guys have been very quick to condemn players for far less than a DUI. I've seen it numerous times in my 14 years with you. Yet you would think Dak Prescott hasn't ever said so much as a cuss word when reading through here. 

Dak is no school boy off the field.

dak-mugshot--e1457990494678.jpg

0310-dak-prescott-subasset-twitter-3.jpg

Edited by DaBoys