Dak, the QB of the future or not.

resilient part 2

Dak, the QB of the future or NOT  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Has Dak shown enough to make Dak our QB going forward, OR NOT!

• definitely has shown enough promise to build around
    • NO he sucks and Dallas needs to find his replacement.

Drafting a rookie QB if Dak doesn't pan out isn't the worst thing. Spending a 1st on a blue chip QB for the first time since 1989 wouldn't kill the franchise. Ideally Kellen Moore revolutionizes the offense and Dak becomes the duel threat QB he appears to be capable of. Ideally he performs so well that I eat crow for years to come. So much crow that I can't post his name without a little picture of a crow.

18 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I just spent 7 days and 8 nights of spring break on south padre island. I witnessed several college kids fighting each other for various "reasons." Dont be naive. If you think Dak and his drunken football buddies were standing in the back of a waka flocka concert holding bibles when they were gruesomely attacked for no reason then you need to get out more... 

I had a red faced frat boy with a torn shirt at Claytons Bar yell obscenities at my wife and guess what I did? Nothing. We walked away. I removed myself from the situation. I didn't get my buddies to start talking ish back to his group. We just left. We wanted to stay but we didn't so we took the L before the situation escalated.

There is a reason crap like this never happened to Romo or Witten. You are in control of your situations more than you think, and I highly doubt Dak and his muscled up football buddies felt like taking an L when the other group started chirping.

If it was such an unprovoked vicious attack, why didn't Dak press charges? There is video evidence, and the guys names are released, and he eventually was hit over the head with a bottle. My guess is, because it wasn't an unprovoked viscous attack. He may not have started it but he obviously wasn't completely innocent, or aware. And he didn't remove himself from that situation.

Would you expect Tom Brady to be involved in something like this? Aaron Rodgers? No my friend. It isn't random. Birds of a feather waka flocka together.

I'd throw a guy down the bar like a bowling ball if I heard him talking about my wife man. You might be the bhudda.

14 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

I'd throw a guy down the bar like a bowling ball if I heard him talking about my wife man. You might be the bhudda.

Amen to that. I don't care who it is, I'm not letting that slide. But, if they want to talk ish about my ex-wife, I'll be more than happy to let them. Haha.

On 3/25/2019 at 8:31 AM, DaBoys said:

I also wonder why this forum loves Daks character so much. You would think he is preacher on Sundays with the way you guys love on him off the field. Typically you guys bash a player and label him "idiot!" or "thug!" the first time he gets in even a little trouble with the law, or fails a drug test for weed.

Yet Dak Prescott was involved in a big beach brawl that has it's own world star youtube video. He was arrested and charged with Driving Under the Influence just days before the draft. Now if you Google "Dak Prescott" you get mostly stories of how Daks two pits(with their ears clipped) broke into his neighbor's yard attacked her dogs and bit part of her finger off. And this is after he had two previous warnings. She apparently spent 4 days in a hospital. 

I'm not really one to care about a players off field issues. If they want to drink drive, smoke weed, join a gang, fight dogs, fight humans, do coke, and hookers and film the whole thing on social media then let them.

I'm even pro steroids. 

But this forum as a whole is not. Most of you guys have been very quick to condemn players for far less than a DUI. I've seen it numerous times in my 14 years with you. Yet you would think Dak Prescott hasn't ever said so much as a cuss word when reading through here. 

Dak is no school boy off the field.

dak-mugshot--e1457990494678.jpg

0310-dak-prescott-subasset-twitter-3.jpg

The dude got jumped. Cmon man. 

On 3/25/2019 at 8:10 AM, CAPJ said:

Agreed.

Our D didnt show up but if were paying Dak $30 million a year, are we going to have less talent on D or more than we do now?

Are we going to still be able to pay our OLine and Zeke?

If we pay Dak that type of money all were ever going to hear is we cant win because we dont have enough talent around Dak.

We have had $30m in QB Salary/Deadcap every year Dak has been a Cowboy.

20 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I just spent 7 days and 8 nights of spring break on south padre island. I witnessed several college kids fighting each other for various "reasons." Dont be naive. If you think Dak and his drunken football buddies were standing in the back of a waka flocka concert holding bibles when they were gruesomely attacked for no reason then you need to get out more... 

I had a red faced frat boy with a torn shirt at Claytons Bar yell obscenities at my wife and guess what I did? Nothing. We walked away. I removed myself from the situation. I didn't get my buddies to start talking ish back to his group. We just left. We wanted to stay but we didn't so we took the L before the situation escalated.

There is a reason crap like this never happened to Romo or Witten. You are in control of your situations more than you think, and I highly doubt Dak and his muscled up football buddies felt like taking an L when the other group started chirping.

If it was such an unprovoked vicious attack, why didn't Dak press charges? There is video evidence, and the guys names are released, and he eventually was hit over the head with a bottle. My guess is, because it wasn't an unprovoked viscous attack. He may not have started it but he obviously wasn't completely innocent, or aware. And he didn't remove himself from that situation.

Would you expect Tom Brady to be involved in something like this? Aaron Rodgers? No my friend. It isn't random. Birds of a feather waka flocka together.

He did try to walk away.

20 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You must have missed the slash. 

2018 - 32mil

2017 - 26m

2016 - 24m (Romo +Dead cap)

Where, exactly, are you getting those numbers from? Here’s what Spotrac has (I took the liberties of basic addition if you’ll allow it)

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/cap/2016/

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/cap/2017/

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/cap/2018/

Tony Romo, 2016: $20,835,000

Tony Romo, Dead Cap, 2017-18: $19,600,000

Dak Prescott, 2016-18: $1,907,544

Mark Sanchez, 2016: $2,000,000

Kellen Moore, 2016: $720,000

Cooper Rush, 2017-18: $1,023,322

Mike White, 2018: $534,888

COMBINED: $45,900,754

I may have missed a spot, but I doubt I missed forty-five million of them

How is it possible that Romo’s ghost is costing us $30M per year alone when he never cost nearly that much in a given year. He had $20M in dead money left when we cut him and we split it over two years. Last I checked, 20 divided by 2 does not equal 30

Edited by matt79511

1 hour ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

1 hour ago, htfryar said:

Amen to that. I don't care who it is, I'm not letting that slide. But, if they want to talk ish about my ex-wife, I'll be more than happy to let them. Haha.

Lol sometimes you just got to let things go.

the-im-in-my-mid-30s-and-still-get-into-

Basically there's nothing you can SAY that's going to get me to risk my freedom. If you physically attack me, my spouse, or my property, then I am protected under Texas state law. If you talk about me, my wife, or my property then YOU are protected by law.

2 hours ago, TVScout said:

Do you realize what happens if you press charges?

He would have to go through legal proceedings and break the code of the street, which I completely understand. Just not used to a quarterback following the code of the street. But that's who we have at QB. 

203ea60bd32c0cf28f093f9e17ce8001.jpg

24 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Where, exactly, are you getting those numbers from? Here’s what Spotrac has (I took the liberties of basic addition if you’ll allow it)

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/cap/2016/

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/cap/2017/

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/cap/2018/

Tony Romo, 2016: $20,835,000

Tony Romo, Dead Cap, 2017-18: $19,600,000

Dak Prescott, 2016-18: $1,907,544

Mark Sanchez, 2016: $2,000,000

Kellen Moore, 2016: $720,000

Cooper Rush, 2017-18: $1,023,322

Mike White, 2018: $534,888

COMBINED: $45,900,754

I may have missed a spot, but I doubt I missed forty-five million of them

How is it possible that Romo’s ghost is costing us $30M per year alone when he never cost nearly that much in a given year. He had $20M in dead money left when we cut him and we split it over two years. Last I checked, 20 divided by 2 does not equal 30

Bro, look to the right.  Dead cap.