Dak, the QB of the future or not.

resilient part 2

Dak, the QB of the future or NOT  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Has Dak shown enough to make Dak our QB going forward, OR NOT!

• definitely has shown enough promise to build around
    • NO he sucks and Dallas needs to find his replacement.

9 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Zeke was accused of beating a woman up, and literally 0 people believe the story.

0 cowboys maybe. But to the other fans it still comes up.

Zeke was bashed for partying with his friend on st. Patty's day, and pulling up her shirt:

https://www.tmz.com/2017/03/13/ezekiel-elliott-expose-woman-breast-st-pattys-day-parade/

He was bashed for walking into a dispensary and signing autographs:

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/washington-redskins/cowboys-rookie-ezekiel-elliott-spotted-marijuana-dispensary-seattle

"It's just not good," Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said. "That's a part of just really getting the big picture here."

That's the same Jerry Jones who tirelessly defended Greg Hardy last season.

On the field, Elliott looked great. He received high marks (pun intended) for his performance against the Seahawks, rushing for 48 yards on seven carries. He even ran over safety Kam Chancellor on one play, bouncing off the bruising safety with relative ease

And finally, he was bashed for simply leaving the country:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000875164/article/ezekiel-elliott-leaving-country-to-train-refocus

"So what is on the docket for Zeke Elliott himself? I am told he is leaving the country to an undisclosed location to completely reset, clear his head, train, and come back in late December for the Cowboys in the best shape he has been in," Rapoport said.

Zeke's ability to stay in shape is a sneaky under-the-radar storyline to his suspension. The running back has famously taken a few weeks in each of his first two NFL seasons to get into game-shape, not rounding into full form until after a few games.

And all of these things have been mentioned at one point or another in here as a distraction. 

Meanwhile Dak is getting into fights at the beach, DRINKING AND DRIVING, and doesn't look like he is going to win neighbor of the year award in Frisco. But we don't talk about that. 

He was gruesomely attacked at the beach. He was only buzzed driving, and his neighbors had it coming.

4 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Hardly anything said is worth killing a man over. And yes punching a man in the face can kill them. Especially if you are standing on concrete. I believe we lost b2b this way

(Shrugs). Just being honest. Not defending it. I'm all about walking away. But if the reaction is poor, I honestly don't know if I'll practice any sort of restraint. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

(Shrugs). Just being honest. Not defending it. I'm all about walking away. But if the reaction is poor, I honestly don't know if I'll practice any sort of restraint. 

I completely understand. 

46 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Also, if we really want to go down this route, Zeke was a known drug user in college. Dude loved shrooms, ex and cocaine. This is a really dumb comp. 

It's the off season. We aren't getting new material every Sunday. 

I can defend a lot of on the field mistakes but there are some off field mistakes that are just plain stupid that I put in the do it once okay maybe things just got away from you and it sounded like a good idea at the time and everyone makes mistakes but you better learn from them. 

A free pass no but I won’t crucify either.  So next year no spring break beach trip and maybe rethink who you have in your inner circle helping you make decisions are they trying to help you be your friend or just hang with the cool guy

and I laugh a bit reading as I guarantee NO Dallas Cowboy gets any pass for any behavior. Period   How about Romo and his trip during the off week leading to playoffs . A few years ago

side note.   

This whole cap thing. So...   Dak crashes and burns next year. We draft rookie 2020. That means 2022 would be realistic for a. Super bowl run.   Zeke DLaw night still be effective then which I would put at the high end of this core group.   Now if Dak continues his natural progression then things could be extended as we won’t be using multiple pics to move up to get a “blue chip” QBs and instead get multiple starters to keep the rooster fresh around the basic core 

10 hours ago, htfryar said:

He also pulled that chick's top down during a parade.

And she said she was okay with it. If showing t its was against the law, half of europe would be in jail. If she is cool with it, than who are we to judg

Edited by Matts4313

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

And she said she was okay with it. If showing t its was against the law, half of europe would be in jail. If she is cool with it, than who are we to judg

This isn't Europe. This is America. There are laws. It doesn't matter if she was okay with it. It's still public indecency as it happened in public during a parade in front of kids. Damn man. 

21 hours ago, DaBoys said:

He would have to go through legal proceedings and break the code of the street, which I completely understand. Just not used to a quarterback following the code of the street. But that's who we have at QB. 

203ea60bd32c0cf28f093f9e17ce8001.jpg

Street cred or street rules or street anything has nothing to do with anything. In the US system defense attorneys have the advantages. They can arrange things so the trial takes place during such time of year that Dak would be forced to miss classes and/or practice and/or games. Dak wanted to chase the Heisman instead of a two bit bully who wasn't worth the powder to shoot him with.

2 hours ago, htfryar said:

This isn't Europe. This is America. There are laws. It doesn't matter if she was okay with it. It's still public indecency as it happened in public during a parade in front of kids. Damn man. 

It was a Madi gras parade. If you take your kids there you need to expect them to see boobs.