Dak, the QB of the future or not.

resilient part 2

Dak, the QB of the future or NOT  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Has Dak shown enough to make Dak our QB going forward, OR NOT!

• definitely has shown enough promise to build around
    • NO he sucks and Dallas needs to find his replacement.

28 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

It was a Madi gras parade. If you take your kids there you need to expect them to see boobs.

Pretty sure it was St Patrick's Day, but I probably am mistaken. If it was Mardi Gras, I withdraw my complaint. You take your kids to that, you should expect them to see boobs.

2 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

This is where HT and I stand apart. I think we are far, far, too prudish with naturalism.

But then again, I expect my opinions would be different if I had kids.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I am no prude. If someone wants to get their **** out, let them out. Just make sure it's the right time and place. Like I said, if it was in fact a Mardi Gras thing, then I withdraw my complaint. If it was something else, then he should have thought better of that action. 

Actually, no I do not withdraw my complaint. He is a public figure. He represents the team. He should know that he is living under a microscope and shouldn't be pulling **** out in public. Especially with Goodell in charge and wielding a heavy hand for "conduct detrimental to the league" and other dumbassery. **** are wonderful, but there is a time and place to pull them out. In public is not it.

Guys go shirtless all the time...the fact that we sexualize women's chest area but not men's is dumb. Europe is a lot further along on this than we are. 

That said, nobody should be pulling down somebody else's clothing in public. 

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001025721/article/stephen-jones-daks-deal-must-be-team-friendly

Lol

Franchise tags are in Daks future, and I highly doubt he is the next domino to fall.

"I just feel good that we'll find our way to a place that the contract enables us to surround him with a great supporting cast which a lot of it's in place. If you look at our offensive line, look at our receiving core, you look at Zeke: a lot of it's there. Obviously with [Jason] Witten coming back and some young tight ends, certainly that's a nice spot for us, too. So we've just gotta keep building on that and be able to fit Dak in."

That doesn't sound like the same strategy you guys are pushing for. Doesn't sound like they are signing Dak at all costs.

Edited by DaBoys

I have no problem with them trying to make it all work, instead of just paying the QB and letting other pieces drift away. Now, if Dak was a Top 10 QB, I'd likely be singing a different tune. But, he's not. So, he shouldn't be paid like he is. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DaBoys said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001025721/article/stephen-jones-daks-deal-must-be-team-friendly

Lol

Franchise tags are in Daks future, and I highly doubt he is the next domino to fall.

"I just feel good that we'll find our way to a place that the contract enables us to surround him with a great supporting cast which a lot of it's in place. If you look at our offensive line, look at our receiving core, you look at Zeke: a lot of it's there. Obviously with [Jason] Witten coming back and some young tight ends, certainly that's a nice spot for us, too. So we've just gotta keep building on that and be able to fit Dak in."

That doesn't sound like the same strategy you guys are pushing for. Doesn't sound like they are signing Dak at all costs.

Dak has outplayed his 4th rd pick salary. He 2nd in QB wins since coming into the league. He's a strong leader in the Locker room and on the field at at very young age. IMO he does step up in big games. All this being said with the way the NFL market is going, 25 mil a year should be the floor for his contract 

For those that say he suck please provide a player and answer on how to acquire them

Edited by eagles suck

3 hours ago, eagles suck said:

Dak has outplayed his 4th rd pick salary. He 2nd in QB wins since coming into the league. He's a strong leader in the Locker room and on the field at at very young age. IMO he does step up in big games. All this being said with the way the NFL market is going, 25 mil a year should be the floor for his contract 

For those that say he suck please provide a player and answer on how to acquire them

He doesn't suck. But he is only above average, so he should be paid accordingly. What we did with DLaw saved us alot of money when it could just as well have been 5-120 or something. As much as people want us to pay Dak, I want him to show us that he willing to take a little less to show he wants this team to go places.

I see it ending up around 24-27. Which I feel is in the right ballpark for his level. With the team starting around 23 and Dak wanting 28 plus.  

While Dak is not a top 10 Passer I would say he is close to a top 10 QB.   And definitely a top ten finisher in the clutch

• Like 1

1 hour ago, quiller said:

I see it ending up around 24-27. Which I feel is in the right ballpark for his level. With the team starting around 23 and Dak wanting 28 plus.  

While Dak is not a top 10 Passer I would say he is close to a top 10 QB.   And definitely a top ten finisher in the clutch

I just wish there was a way to make it more incentive-based. For example Dak gets 22 million per but if he gets the Pro Bowl or to the Super Bowl he gets in 32 or something along those lines. There has to be a better way to keep both sides motivated and happy

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

I just wish there was a way to make it more incentive-based. For example Dak gets 22 million per but if he gets the Pro Bowl or to the Super Bowl he gets in 32 or something along those lines. There has to be a better way to keep both sides motivated and happy

I think people need to wrap their heads around the fact that Dak's contract is going to be in the $27M+ range when he gets it. Talk of $22-24 is naive based on where NFL contracts are right now. Whether you think he's worth it or not, this is an objective view of the future. Jimmy Garropolo and Kirk Cousins got that, and the cap keeps rising. There's just no way we get him for <$27M, and if we wait for Wilson to sign, it could be $30+.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I think people need to wrap their heads around the fact that Dak's contract is going to be in the $27M+ range when he gets it. Talk of $22-24 is naive based on where NFL contracts are right now. Whether you think he's worth it or not, this is an objective view of the future. Jimmy Garropolo and Kirk Cousins got that, and the cap keeps rising. There's just no way we get him for <$27M, and if we wait for Wilson to sign, it could be $30+.

Cousins got that money but not from the Redskins. JimmyG got that money but not from the Patriots. This doesn't have to be our mistake just because he'll get it from somewhere. Exercise the tag unless he really breaks through this year. 

If we could sign all of our guys, and the occasional upper tier outside free agent, while paying Dak $30m per year then what do I care? People keep saying the cap is rising. Is it possible to pay Dak that much and retain our LBs, WR, RB, CB ...? 

34 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Cousins got that money but not from the Redskins. JimmyG got that money but not from the Patriots. This doesn't have to be our mistake just because he'll get it from somewhere. Exercise the tag unless he really breaks through this year. 

If we could sign all of our guys, and the occasional upper tier outside free agent, while paying Dak $30m per year then what do I care? People keep saying the cap is rising. Is it possible to pay Dak that much and retain our LBs, WR, RB, CB ...? 

I am tired of debating what we should or should not do on Dak. 

I am just trying to say that for the sake of anyone else's discussion, he will cost more than $22-24M. Not a chance he signs for something in that range.

33 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Is it possible to keep Jaylon, Byron, Amari, Zeke, and Collins while paying Dak $30m per?

Is it possible even if they paid Dak $15m/yr ? I mean, you're talking 5-6 premium players in a short span. Even without Dak, you're probably talking about $75m/yr wrapped up in the other mentions.